PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than mannin

Did you mean Marino-Montana?

Re: OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than mannin

Colin's main point is that Brady is a better player in high pressure games.

Colts fans right now:

other_angrySlappingOfKeyboard.gif

The second point is a tired one. The third is absurd--how is Marino Manning???

Yep, Marino is better than Manning.

But seriously, it's not that absurd. Marino lost to Montana's best 49ers team and an excellent Redskins team. Manning has a ring after beating a stinky Colts team and getting ref help in the AFCCG.

I don't see any distinction between the two in terms of winning big games. They both struggle in that area, for whatever reason.

I would also take Marino over Manning if I had to choose a QB.

Brady has been more clutch, but Manning has certainly had his clutch moments.

When all is said & done, Brady will have about 4-5 rings to Mannings 1-2, so the "debate" will become a bit moot.

Still, it's easy to make an argument that Manning might have 4-5 if Belichek had been his coach, or if he hadn't had to play against Belichek-coached teams so much in the playoffs...

Brady has been more clutch, but Manning has certainly had his clutch moments.

When all is said & done, Brady will have about 4-5 rings to Mannings 1-2, so the "debate" will become a bit moot.

Still, it's easy to make an argument that Manning might have 4-5 if Belichek had been his coach, or if he hadn't had to play against Belichek-coached teams so much in the playoffs...

That last statement is not true.

People forget how bad of a coach bill was in Cleveland .

That hardly matters now. BB will go down as one of the best in history, if not the best, when all is said & done. Just look at what he's done when the team was depleted by injury earlier in the decade, or when Brady went down, or with a very young defense this year.

He's a defensive mastermind, and probably the best coach in the league right now.

Colin Cowherd really is a moron....getting excited about something he says seems a little lame.

That hardly matters now. BB will go down as one of the best in history, if not the best, when all is said & done. Just look at what he's done when the team was depleted by injury earlier in the decade, or when Brady went down, or with a very young defense this year.

He's a defensive mastermind, and probably the best coach in the league right now.

Yes, but most of his wins were more to do with brady's abilities.

Would the patriots be as good with alex smith?

Anybody else reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer goes to college? When the geeks in the computer lab say "Some guys at MIT are sending us reasons why Captain Picard is better than Captain Kirk! Hah!" :)

Personally, I find myself appreciating BOTH Brady and Manning more every year.

Yes, but most of his wins were more to do with brady's abilities.

Would the patriots be as good with alex smith?

No, but it is kind of a chicken & egg thing. Will BB go down as a great because of Brady, or vice versa?

No doubt Brady is great & clutch, but it's also true that he never had to go up against a BB coached D in the playoffs. And there is no doubt that the latter can be pretty amazing w/ the right personnel.....

Simply amazing and he's owning peyton manning supporters right now

That was a brilliant episode today on the herd...he has always been a big Brady and belichick guy. But his arguments today were very well thought out and logical. Manning has ALWAYS had better talent to work with....and is a better stats guy....Brady better in postseason and under pressure, and is more clutch than manning. He also made gd points about Brady owning Pitt...and manning struggling against them...

No, but it is kind of a chicken & egg thing. Will BB go down as a great because of Brady, or vice versa?

No doubt Brady is great & clutch, but it's also true that he never had to go up against a BB coached D in the playoffs. And there is no doubt that the latter can be pretty amazing w/ the right personnel.....

I respect BILL, but i see him being in the same as boat mike shanaham.

Great coaches but they will never win without their great QBs

Last edited:

Not sure what Brady vs. Pittsburgh/ Manning vs. Pittsburgh has to do with anything. Manning torches Denver while Brady struggles. Does that make Manning a better quarterback?

It wasn't that bill was a "bad coach" in Cleveland. He inherited a serious mess when he got there.:..alot of high priced non-productive personnel that he couldn't move......by the time he left team turned around....and yr after he left brownies made playoffs....with good talent...

The league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978. Since that happened, the Browns have have one season with more wins than the 11 Belichick led them to in 1994. He wasn't nearly as "bad" a coach as people make him out to have been.

The league went to a 16 game schedule in 1978. Since that happened, the Browns have have one season with more wins than the 11 Belichick led them to in 1994. He wasn't nearly as "bad" a coach as people make him out to have been.

People forget that 1995 was a lost season for the browns. They were all getting ready to move to Baltimore.

Bill improved that team no doubt and showed that he was a good coach.

Not sure what Brady vs. Pittsburgh/ Manning vs. Pittsburgh has to do with anything. Manning torches Denver while Brady struggles. Does that make Manning a better quarterback?

Easy, the 34 is mannings kryptonite while brady has no weakness.

How many times have manning lost to a 3-4 defense in post season...Hell, i think 8 of his 9 loses are against 3-4 defenses.

These are great stats to add to the argument in Brady's favor. I'd also add Brady's playoff stats vs Manning's playoff stats. I don't have the current stats handy, but it does favor Brady. I think we should just accept, and enjoy, that we are seeing two generational talents at the same time. I have to admit, what Manning is doing this year, is very impressive, with the amount of injuries that have hit that team. To be 5-3 with all the injuries they have, very impressive. Reminds me of Brady's 2006 season.

Manning still has Reggie Wayne and had Dallas Clark for almost half the season. Not even close.

People forget that 1995 was a lost season for the browns. They were all getting ready to move to Baltimore.

Bill improved that team no doubt and showed that he was a good coach.

People ALSO forget that a majority of the media had the Browns pegged as the AFC Champions for the 95 season. Not that the preseason rankings mean much, but it shows how highly regarded Belichick's Browns were. Also, they were 4-4 when Modell made the announcement, and only won 1 game the rest of the year.

This reminds me of stupid arguments about guitarists, drummers, etc. Once you get to a certain level, everyone is a master and it really is a matter of personal preference. There is no way to objectively say that one is better than the other. And no, championships aren't determinative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back