PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than mannin

This reminds me of stupid arguments about guitarists, drummers, etc. Once you get to a certain level, everyone is a master and it really is a matter of personal preference. There is no way to objectively say that one is better than the other. And no, championships aren't determinative.

Sports are different.

QBs both are on even grounds and they competitors.

Re: OMG Colin Cowherd is making the greatest argument why Brady is better than mannin

Sports are different.

QBs both are on even grounds and they competitors.

I agree with you...........IF we are talking about ping pong. Last time I checked each QB plays with 51 other guys and does not directly compete with the other QB.

Last edited:

You won't have trouble convincing me that Brady is better, but this Cowherd guy's arguments are nothing new if you've been around the block a few times.

Getting to watch Brady and Manning play, sometimes head to head (sort of), is one of the best treats in the sports world. I consider myself lucky just to get to see it. I enjoy watching both of them play.

GOAT arguments, etc. are meaningless. Being in them is not the goal of the players, helping their team win is. That's the part that is worth enjoying.

When you focus on arbitrary, subjective stuff like this, you're ignoring the journey for the destination, and the journey is the best part. The destination ends up being old people reminiscing about getting to watch the greatest players play. It will be easier to do that now if you forget about the filler.

Getting to watch Brady and Manning play, sometimes head to head (sort of), is one of the best treats in the sports world. I consider myself lucky just to get to see it. I enjoy watching both of them play.

GOAT arguments, etc. are meaningless. Being in them is not the goal of the players, helping their team win is. That's the part that is worth enjoying.

When you focus on arbitrary, subjective stuff like this, you're ignoring the journey for the destination, and the journey is the best part. The destination ends up being old people reminiscing about getting to watch the greatest players play. It will be easier to do that now if you forget about the filler.

'sup reminiscing old timer

Wow, I'm surprised at the number of Cowherd haters in the forum. As far as ESPN personalities go, I think Cowherd is one of the most original and thought provoking personalities. Maybe you guys are Mike & Mike fans, to which I would understand your lesser opinion of Cowherd.

For those that haven't listened to Cowherd for longer than a year, he is a huge supporter of the New England Patriots... especially Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. And he seems to take every opportunity to be both their apologist and defender, especially when it comes to comparisons of Manning and the Colts. So to say that he is "blowing in the wind" after the win against the Steelers makes anyone of you with that opinion ignorant.

Appreciating Cowherd is not the same thing as agreeing with his every opinion, which I don't.

On the topic of Manning vs. Brady, no answer will satisfy the masses so what is the point? The only point would be (much like the debate of abortion) would be to have a back and forth, fruitless conversation about nothing... albeit a spirited one. And that is all he is doing here... Cowherd is stoking the fire for a spirited back-and-forth. Ratings folks... ratings.

Brady and Manning have been the top two QBs in the league over their overlapping careers... you may argue some other QBs are in that mix, but for the most part, it is Brady and Manning. Who is number one is splitting hairs... which is satisfying enough to be.

I'm not denying Manning isn't a great QB and I highly doubt that people think Brady is an average QB. All being the same, I'm sure that if there were no Manning, the comparison would be with some other QB, such as Drew Brees or Rivers or Big Ben, etc. Its all interchangeable.

You got that right. He's one of those guys who goes with the wind, while pretending to go against it. He's now the oldest of the snot-nosed youthful commentators that fill the off hours on espn. God, are they bad--worse then their father Cowherd even.

What are you guys talking about? Cowherd is the best of the national radio sports talkers in my opinion. I consider him to be right almost all the time --- far more than the late-afternoon morons on ESPN national broadcasts.

Wow, I'm surprised at the number of Cowherd haters in the forum. As far as ESPN personalities go, I think Cowherd is one of the most original and thought provoking personalities. Maybe you guys are Mike & Mike fans, to which I would understand your lesser opinion of Cowherd.

For those that haven't listened to Cowherd for longer than a year, he is a huge supporter of the New England Patriots... especially Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. And he seems to take every opportunity to be both their apologist and defender, especially when it comes to comparisons of Manning and the Colts. So to say that he is "blowing in the wind" after the win against the Steelers makes anyone of you with that opinion ignorant.

Appreciating Cowherd is not the same thing as agreeing with his every opinion, which I don't.

On the topic of Manning vs. Brady, no answer will satisfy the masses so what is the point? The only point would be (much like the debate of abortion) would be to have a back and forth, fruitless conversation about nothing... albeit a spirited one. And that is all he is doing here... Cowherd is stoking the fire for a spirited back-and-forth. Ratings folks... ratings.

Brady and Manning have been the top two QBs in the league over their overlapping careers... you may argue some other QBs are in that mix, but for the most part, it is Brady and Manning. Who is number one is splitting hairs... which is satisfying enough to be.

I'm not denying Manning isn't a great QB and I highly doubt that people think Brady is an average QB. All being the same, I'm sure that if there were no Manning, the comparison would be with some other QB, such as Drew Brees or Rivers or Big Ben, etc. Its all interchangeable.

You have got to be kidding. Cowherd launched the sleaziest attack on Belichick ever. He slammed Belichick for weeks on end for his phone calls with the woman he dated in New Jersey after his separation. Cowherd was shameless as he attacked Belichick for his personal life, and meanwhile Cowherd the major sleaze was pulling stuff on his own wife shortly after the birth of his child.

You have got to be kidding. Cowherd launched the sleaziest attack on Belichick ever. He slammed Belichick for weeks on end for his phone calls with the woman he dated in New Jersey after his separation. Cowherd was shameless as he attacked Belichick for his personal life, and meanwhile Cowherd the major sleaze was pulling stuff on his own wife shortly after the birth of his child.

zactly. he's a self righteous, preachy, doosh. however, in this instance, i just so happen to agree with him. :D

He's a college football guy. I can understand why Boston sports fans don't appreciate him as they don't really seem to follow college football.

Personally, I think Cowherd is entertaining. He isn't always right, but he nails some stuff. He was right about Drew Brees back when they drafted Rivers. He was right about the rise of USC football and the few seasons of mediocrity of Big Ten football. He knows the college scene very well.

He doesn't have a high opinion of Belichick personally, but he loves Brady.

Anybody else reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer goes to college? When the geeks in the computer lab say "Some guys at MIT are sending us reasons why Captain Picard is better than Captain Kirk! Hah!" :)

Personally, I find myself appreciating BOTH Brady and Manning more every year.

little-known fact: Conan O'Brien wrote that episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft