Welcome to PatsFans.com

OG Steve Hutchinson Anyone?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by fisticuffs, Jan 18, 2006.

1. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Totally forgot about this O-Lineman. Is having a heck of year blocking for Shaun Alexander. Who will the Seahawks franchise, Alexander or Hutchinson? If Hutch is a available, BB and Pioli should really make a run at him. Could instantly improve the right side of the line. The question is, would Hutch want to move to the right side? One of the guys in the '01 Draft I really liked. Good O-Line can make an average running back look like Larry Johnson. Larry Johnson is a stud, however.
  2. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +116 / 68 / -57

#87 Jersey

Always like Hutch, would be a great signing. Went to Michigan right ?
  3. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Will be paid the highest OG in the league no question...

Still interested?
  4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Hutch has 0 chance to see free agency. The Seahawks know that they're better off with Hutchinson and another RB than Alexander and a JAG guard. Plus, they have an arrangement with Alexander that he won't be tagged. Alexander will either re-sign, or the Seahawks will let him go UFA without feeling the least bit bad about it. Holmgren's never been sold on him.
  5. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Agreed, I'd love him. But Hutch will break fatboy Woody's record and get paid as the highest interior lineman in the league. And while its great to have a solid interior line, I don't think that's where you want to pay a premium.