PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Officials' uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The officials' uniforms in tonight's Hall of Fame game were disgusting. Is this the new look for this season?? I assume it is, unless it was some kind of one-off for this game.

The classic, simple thin black and white stripes are iconic and never get old. Now we have this ugly, pointless redesign. Change purely for the sake of change.

The shirts are horribly reminiscent of the way soccer teams that play in stripes have to mess around with the width of the stripes and add shoulder parts and so on, in order to ensure fans buy the new design every two years. I guess sales of replica officials jerseys will go through the roof...

Yes, that is the "new-look" jersey for NFL officials. I'm with ya, it's gonna take a little getting used to.

I think after last year's 'criminal' playoff performance, they thought they need an image change.

R

njpatsfan said:
I think after last year's 'criminal' playoff performance, they thought they need an image change.

R

Good one! :D

It's just an attempt to get the fashion industry crowd to watch more games - and drop the "convicted" look given the post-season.

Maybe it some kind of damage control for all the criticism the refs got in the playoffs last year?

"I am a referee and representin' with my new threads. Respect my authority!"

OldEnglandPatriot said:
The shirts are horribly reminiscent of the way soccer teams that play in stripes have to mess around with the width of the stripes and add shoulder parts and so on, in order to ensure fans buy the new design every two years. I guess sales of replica officials jerseys will go through the roof...

That's exactly what I thought. I hate the new labelling of the refs' description and number on the back of the shirts. It reminds me of the way the Football League in England forces the clubs to destroy the rhythm of the shirt in favour of TV friendly numbering and lettering. For example...

Notts County (on the right)...

and now the NFL refs...

capt.7b93c77d9c91458ab6ad78bff309cb02.hall_of_fame__game_football_ohmd109.jpg

As you can see, DEFINITELY NOT TIGHT. We don't need to know if they are a LJ or BJ, just wear damn stripes.

Horrible. I thought "soccer" when i saw them too, but more like Little League soccer. What was wrong with the tried and true? This is like New Coke. Bleargh.

Last edited:
Anything is better than this:

img8980119.jpg

brown.jpg

F'in Jeff Triplette. I'm still bitter.

Last edited:
I think a complete uniform change is in order. Has anyone else noticed how similar their uniforms are to those poor slobs who work at Foot Locker? That's gotta be getting to them.

Maybe something in hot pink so they are less likely to be blindsided by 300lb players?

NEM said:
I didn't see the game. What do they look like. Is there a pic anywhere???

I'm glad you asked, here's a pic...

indcolts87.jpg

It also sounds like they'll be wearing warmer black pants for the colder weather games.

I couldn't care less what the officials' uniforms look like.

Attachments

• punisher.jpg
    punisher.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I guess I like the old design better but really, who cares? Does anyone think the new design is THAT radical???

BruschiOnTap said:
I guess I like the old design better but really, who cares? Does anyone think the new design is THAT radical???

Considering it looks like the Punisher's skull, I'd say yes to that!

I don't like the way they color the ref's numbering/name. Looks odd. They should have used the classic black background square with white lettering/numbering. The stripes are a wash to me although the big black side panel stripe makes fat refs look even fatter... And why do we need to know the ref's initials anyways? So we know who to boo when they screw up a call?

Last edited:
NEM said:
I like them. Change is good,.... snip

'Change is good'. Definitely. Swap Brady for Dilfer. Change is good. Officials in pink, Change is good. Swap the football uprights for an eight feet high frame with a net on the back. Change is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News