PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Steelers/Colts Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning sends them off again. Here comes the hype on this one.

"WHAT A FIELD GENERAL!"
"HE'S LIKE A COACH ON THE FIELD!!!"

drewdagreat said:
Manning sends them off again. Here comes the hype on this one.

"WHAT A FIELD GENERAL!"
"HE'S LIKE A COACH ON THE FIELD!!!"

I dont understand, isnt that kinda disrespectful for a coach? To have your player dictate to you how the play should be called?

if they hadnt made it , manning wouldve been plastered. shows how much respect manning has for his coaches.very reason he screws up so many times in the post season because he wants to do his own thing.
of course if the colts win now , this play will become the news of the nation :-D

Manning made the right call,,have to agree with him.

Na_polian said:
He is DAMNED lucky that Stokely caught that.

Woah!!!!! Game has started. This ought to be something in the 4th qtr.

dhamz said:
You ever see a QB show up his coach more blatantly than Manning just did right there?

pretty sad, why do the colts even need a coach

NO coach worth his salt allows a player to dictate the game to him. Even though it worked I lost all respect for Dungy.

Shouldn't be surprised though. When Dungy was absent for his son's funeral, a player was asked how different it was without Dungy and he said that they didn't see any difference.

'Nuff said.

Wow, Dungy has no control over his team. It is all Peyton. Even though they got it, you don't do that to your coach. And the coach shouldn't allow that. Who do does he think he is??

I don't care if Peyton did pick that up. Dungy needs to have control of ALL his players. Not one player should be able to show him up like that. He needs to show Peyton who runs the team.

imagine brady doing that to BB :)

Lots of Peyton faces on the bench and in the stands. Couldn't happen to a whinier bunch of fans. Polian's head may explode (or implode) after this. Couldn't happen to a whinier GM. He'll be screaming for a rule eliminating smash mouth football and blitzing altogether. :p

Is that an injured Steeler slowing down Peyton's game and ruining his rhythm? Glad it's ST'er.

WOW - the Steelers are pulling Peyton's pants down on national TV. See that move, that's what's wrong with the Dungy Manning partnership. The gamble paid but the underlying problem remains. My 91 year old mother could coach this team and let Peyton walk all over her like that. Coach of the Year my ass. He's not even top ten.

Last edited:
Seemed like there was 70 seconds for manning to call off punt team like that? Home field clock advantage.
BB would never be disrespected like that, ever.

Last edited:
SVN said:
if they hadnt made it , manning wouldve been plastered. shows how much respect manning has for his coaches.very reason he screws up so many times in the post season because he wants to do his own thing.
of course if the colts win now , this play will become the news of the nation :-D

Oh no, the dreaded punt, pass and kick winner intros. What a momentum killer. Will they sing God Bless America?

abdul7 said:
Manning made the right call,,have to agree with him.

It's not his call to make. Dungy looks like a fool who is afraid of his star player and don't think every player on the team doesn't know it.

Now I would have went for it there too but the coach makes that call.

I actually saw Bledsoe do that to Carroll once. They were discussing a play on the sidelines and were quite obviously not paying attention to carroll. He just stood there grinning like an idiot.

I felt the same way about Carroll then...and still do.

troy polmalu (spelling)....god i LOVE watching him play. What a nice pick for the steelers.

Wow, where was the tackling. No way should Dallas Clark be able to out run everyone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents