PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Official "Season's over, time to clean house" hirings/firings thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shurmur out in NY

Shurmur out in NY
I'm somewhat surprised by that. Barkley misses time. Brown has a pretty good rookie year. Their D is light on talent. Might have been some behind the scenes issues.

I'm somewhat surprised by that. Barkley misses time. Brown has a pretty good rookie year. Their D is light on talent. Might have been some behind the scenes issues.

Surprised me as well. Giants were pretty bad but it’ll take longer than two years to fix that F’d up organization, especially during a QB transition.

Shurmur out in NY

I’m not sure why they even wasted their time hiring him in the first place. This was a hire that was clearly never going to work.

Ronald Riveria rumored to get Redskins job.
Got a lot of work ahead of him. Haskins could end up like Josh Rosen, he needs to figure out what the hell to do with Trent Williams, get Josh Norman off the team before they even give him a key to the building, cut Jordan Reed, and figure out if Alex Smith ever plays again.

Surprised me as well. Giants were pretty bad but it’ll take longer than two years to fix that F’d up organization, especially during a QB transition.
Gettleman is an idiot but somehow it looks like he will survive another year.

Shurmur out in NY

Best job for McDaniels. Storied and stable franchise. Not half *** like the other jobs out there.

Young QB, Barkley is a a beast, a couple of stud WRs and that offense is ready to roll.

The Browns though...wow. All that talent and they go 6-10. Kitchens was obviously a mistake by Dorsey, second recent coach in CLE fired after one season...Chud being the other. Haslam is a rotten owner and that’s hard to overcome.

Organizations like CLE make me thankful to live in New England! If the Pats take a dive after this season we can say we had 2001-2019 and some very competitive years with Drew and Tuna in the 90s. I started in the mid 80s with SB XX and remember the “squish the fish” sign in my grandparents’ neighborhood.:)

McDaniels is in demand, at least to the interview phase.

Giants and Panthers now have requested permission to interview Patriots' OC Josh McDaniels for their vacant HC job, per source. Browns already have requested permission as well, so that's three potential opportunities.

This one isn't official yet, but:

Former Panthers’ HC Ron Rivera is expected to be hired as the next head coach of the Washington Redskins barring any unforeseen developments, per sources.

Since we don't yet have a player movement thread, I'll add this in here:

Eli Manning told reporters that being a backup this season to rookie Daniel Jones was "no fun." He also said, "I doubt it," when asked whether he would consider playing for another team as a backup next season.

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) on Twitter

So, it sounds like it's either going to be starting or retirement for Eli, which likely means retirement.

ohn Mara says that they don't want to fire Dave Gettleman because the Giants are "deeper into analytics" than eveer under his stewardship. He literally mocked analytics people for questioning his decision to take a RB at No. 2 overall.

twitter.com/SNYGiants/stat…

Ron Rivera and his wife Stephanie are on a flight to Northern Virginia. He should be the next coach of the Redskins within the next 3 hours.

Best job for McDaniels. Storied and stable franchise. Not half *** like the other jobs out there.

Young QB, Barkley is a a beast, a couple of stud WRs and that offense is ready to roll.
Disagree. Gettleman is on the hot seat and will do everything he can to undermine any new coach if circumstances require. He already blamed Shurmur for bad player evaluations, which his his job. And when Gettleman gets fired, how safe is the HC with a new GM coming in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back