PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Bill make any moves at all to beef up the OL? What is he waiting for. Who plays LT tomorrow?
The New England Patriots announced that they have elevated DB Myles Bryant, OL James Ferentz, OL Alex Redmond and OL Will Sherman to the active roster. In addition, the Patriots placed OL Trent Brown on injured reserve.

This game is gonna be ugly.

I think you're right, but I have this nagging little hope they might just decide to air it out a little and, if they can discourage the Texans early enough and deeply enough, maybe roll a little. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble making out the faces of the O-line in my dream. They look suspiciously like linemen long-retired or gone.

I think you're right, but I have this nagging little hope they might just decide to air it out a little and, if they can discourage the Texans early enough and deeply enough, maybe roll a little. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble making out the faces of the O-line in my dream. They look suspiciously like linemen long-retired or gone.

Air it out? Will Mac be able to take more than a 3 step drop without being hit?

The Texans was supposed to be a game where the Pats have a chance to right the ship and salvage any attempt for a playoff run, But now that 4/5 of the offensive line is out, the priority might be just to survive without sending Mac Jones to permanent IR.

I gotta say that even against the Texans' p*ss poor front seven, if this mostly replacements o-line does a decent job protecting Jones and opening holes for the run, a lot of the starters on the line will have to start worrying about whether they will be starters going forward.

Will Bill make any moves at all to beef up the OL? What is he waiting for. Who plays LT tomorrow?

He can't do anything now. But right now, the only starter we know on the o-line is Andrews at center.

I am hoping they run the ball a whole lot. Not sure I want Jones dropping back with guys protecting him that weren't good enough to take the starting jobs away from a bunch of guys who were getting Jones killed the first four weeks of the season.

At the time that decision was made there was no Mac. Bill assumed Brady was done and he wasn’t. He figured Brady was like any 40+ year old QB and didn’t realize or chose not to that if there’s one once in a lifetime exception to that it’s Brady.

People forget how badly Brady played for Brady in 2019. He looked like the end was nearing back then. We have the benefit of hindsight from his production last year to know now that was just poor talent around him and Brady not putting in the effort in anymore because he was unhappy with his situation. But since 2007 when started to put up production as a modern era QB, 2019 was either his worst or second worst year in terms yards, TDs, completion percentage, and yards per attempt.

There is a reason why teams were not falling over each other to sign Brady when he got free and the Bucs had little or no competition for him. Belichick wasn't the only one who thought Brady may be hitting the age wall.

I don't think Belichick just said that the guy was 41 and he is bound to break down at any time now. There were actually clear signs that he was breaking down. Unfortunately, they didn't have to do with his age and more about his motivation and talent around him.

Got to break out the high school letter jacket for this one

People forget how badly Brady played for Brady in 2019. He looked like the end was nearing back then. We have the benefit of hindsight from his production last year to know now that was just poor talent around him and Brady not putting in the effort in anymore because he was unhappy with his situation. But since 2007 when started to put up production as a modern era QB, 2019 was either his worst or second worst year in terms yards, TDs, completion percentage, and yards per attempt.

There is a reason why teams were not falling over each other to sign Brady when he got free and the Bucs had little or no competition for him. Belichick wasn't the only one who thought Brady may be hitting the age wall.

I don't think Belichick just said that the guy was 41 and he is bound to break down at any time now. There were actually clear signs that he was breaking down. Unfortunately, they didn't have to do with his age and more about his motivation and talent around him.
Losing AB was the last straw

*Edit: But refs stealing HFA w/bye in Foxborough and giving it to the Sheaths knocked us out

This is going to be macs coming out game. Im saying 3 tds

Losing AB was the last straw

*Edit: But refs stealing HFA w/bye in Foxborough and giving it to the Sheaths knocked us out

AB forced the Patriots hands. They seemed to be willing to stand behind him on the rape allegations, but it came out his was sending intimidating texts to one of his accusers, they had little choice but to cut him.

People forget how badly Brady played for Brady in 2019. He looked like the end was nearing back then. We have the benefit of hindsight from his production last year to know now that was just poor talent around him and Brady not putting in the effort in anymore because he was unhappy with his situation.
People exaggerate how badly Brady played in 2019. And many didn't need hindsight to see that the problem was the talent around him. In fact, many spent much of the season, particularly in the second half of the season, saying just that. Those people remembered 2013, and could see that they were witnessing a similar situation.

That "end is near" season still had Brady finish with a higher passer rating than he'd had in 2013, and had the team finish with the same 12-4 record.

From what i remember the o line sucked in '19, thats when it started and continued to this day, Brady didn't have time to throw just like jones doesn't now.

What a train wreck with Brown. The guy has already missed 3 games (plus basically all of week 1) and NOW you put him on IR? So he misses 3 more? So your $7 million tackle won’t see the field til week 7 or 8 at this point…

Obviously the rest of the line is also in dire straits but it’s hopefully just for one game. RT will be the same as it’s been… Karras and Ferentz (IMO) will be good enough for the Texans… my big concern is what the heck happens at LT. I guess you play Herron at one tackle and Durant at the other? At least both guys have multiple games’ worth of experience at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Onwenu should've been our starting RT from Week One, and Wynn/Lose our starting LG. Who knows, maybe Trent Brown & His Calf of Renown doesn't injure himself during the Seventh snap of the Season if he had been starting on the Left side...

Thats some next level intel Captain. You might've found your goldmine - selling teams healthiest positions for their players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3