PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disaster this entire unit has been since week one. Bad roster management by Bill as well. Onwenu should of been moved to RT and Karras should have been inserted at RG a month ago.

Bill is getting terrible performances and bad status updates by his offensive coordinator and OLine coach. Sad that Bill isn't on top of it all anymore

What a train wreck with Brown. The guy has already missed 3 games (plus basically all of week 1) and NOW you put him on IR? So he misses 3 more? So your $7 million tackle won’t see the field til week 7 or 8 at this point…

Obviously the rest of the line is also in dire straits but it’s hopefully just for one game. RT will be the same as it’s been… Karras and Ferentz (IMO) will be good enough for the Texans… my big concern is what the heck happens at LT. I guess you play Herron at one tackle and Durant at the other? At least both guys have multiple games’ worth of experience at this point.

Absolutely terrible front office planning by ziegler and terrible OLine management by Bricillo and not surprised the oc is clueless.

This is a 1-3 team and it reflects the crappy staff around BB.

Lots of 2 TE sets tomorrow

Lots of 2 TE sets tomorrow
Shot gun and Brandon Bolden. Bolden isn't very dynamic but, no doubt the most trusted pass blocker.

The armchair GMs and HCs around here has gotten amusing. Obviously a rebuild should only require one season off from the playoffs. Give it a few years and stfu , sorry, drinking

Take another shot and post some more.

With Mills listed as OUT, who takes his place? Why haven't they been playing SloJuan? JJones looked hobbled against the Bucs. Collins added to depth chart. I wonder if Van Noy plays? So many questions, so little time. Game on in 17 hours.

1633823975045.png

With Mills listed as OUT, who takes his place? Why haven't they been playing SloJuan? JJones looked hobbled against the Bucs. Collins added to depth chart. I wonder if Van Noy plays? So many questions, so little time. Game on in 17 hours.

View attachment 36465

I am all for SloJuan playing this game, which will partially allow the defense to give up a ton of first downs and in an indirect way protect Mac Jones by keeping Mac longer on the sidelines this game. Also where's Bentley, let's play him this week for the same reason.

The armchair GMs and HCs around here has gotten amusing. Obviously a rebuild should only require one season off from the playoffs. Give it a few years and stfu , sorry, drinking
That's the only way to post!

I can’t remember any team losing 4 offensive lineman for one game. Not sure you can overcome that, especially with a rookie QB, and 1 RB

Texans D is generating 4.6% pressures (#24). They have 7 sacks (Pats 10). Mercilus has 3.

They have a TO diff. of -1 (Pats -2). They have 5 INT (Pats 5) and 1 fumble (Pats 0).

They're allowing 137 rushing yds (Pats 122) and 265 passing yds (Pats 185).

They'll blitz Mac just like every team, which Mac has handled well, getting the ball out quickly. Unfortunately with a brand new line, they'll have communication issues, so expect sacks. There will also be a bunch of false starts and holding penalties, which will stall drives. This will probably be a low scoring game since Pats D should hold Mills to fgs.

GDT should be interesting. I'm out.

I mean, did the pats not rebuild the last 20 years? Why does rebuild mean losing record now?

I mean, did the pats not rebuild the last 20 years? Why does rebuild mean losing record now?

if your team has a quality qb and drafts well, then the rebuild is relatively constant,

Without a qb or poor drafting them your team is always in a rebuild situation,

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST