PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
It's never 100% one guy... But Mac comes close. His effect on every aspect of the game is just brutal.
He doesn't come close though.

You can't come close to saying it's all one guy when you have:

-the leagues worst offensive line giving up more pressures than any team all year
-mediocre WR's who can't make contested catches, can't get separation and can't do things that are routine for NFL quality receivers.
-two running backs that are playing like crap and are putting up 45 yards combined (and that's the whole rushing game today)
-a banged up defense that gave up 27 points independent of Mac's screw ups.
-a special teams that has the worst DVOA in the league.

In no world can you say one guy "comes close" to being 100% of the problem. If this was a competitive game and Mac was just playing like crap in spite of everything else, then maybe you can make that claim. This was a top to bottom **** show. Mac wasn't even a top 5 worst player on the Patriots offense today. That's how bad it was.

How many more weeks do you need to see to qualify as the worst because the same thing is gonna happen next week

Next week he will be better, if he plays. The Raiders’ defense is a good remedy for a bad offense.

Thanks for the advice And like all good advice, I am probably going to ignore it to my detriment. :)
That is my move too, lol.

Everybody says Malik can't be an NFL QB. Let's just play him. If he's bad he will just be like Mac. Maybe he could be good. At least he would help the running game.
I think we need to keep playing Mac so we can try to get #1 overall. This team desperately needs a talent overhaul. When you’re so bad that your fans are struggling to find even a single asset they can trade for fair value, its a situation that’s begging for a tank job.

Everybody says Malik can't be an NFL QB. Let's just play him. If he's bad he will just be like Mac. Maybe he could be good. At least he would help the running game.
People said this about Stidham and Zappe. Can we please stop getting desperate and buying into the "there's a magic man on the bench that coaches are being stubborn about and can come in and save the team".

So Bill's press conference boiled down to... "Gotta do better, gonna start over, lots of problems, we'll work on it this week."
Sleep Yawn GIF

We need to be consistent.

Everyone says that Belichick didn't build teams for brady, that all the success was due to Brady.

Brady was NEVER, EVER 20 points behind two weeks in a row. Brady ALWAYS had a team that blocked well enough to allow him to be competitive.
To be clear what i mean is if you dropped a 30 TB into todays game behind that line with those recievers he he couldn't have saved the team from a loss.

Belichick is an awful GM and we are seeing a middling coach.
Our O line is the worst I’ve ever seen it 29 years as a fan.
We knew this was a glaring weakness and we shopped at the dollar store for O line man.
This team is awful. Stephenson looks slow and has no power all of a sudden.
Zeke is at the tail end of his career Gesicki can’t block.
JU JU has no business on the field Mac is one of the Least clutch QBS I’ve ever seen.
Fire Everybody.
Start over from scratch not Mayo not Obrein nobody on this staff will be future head coach go get the hottest young offensive assistant and give them a blank check.
Hire some real talent evaluators and draft a QB,
I want Rick Smith from Miami as a head coach or anyone involved with the niners O.
Start Will Grier at QB next week I want Boutte and Douglas getting every snap at WR.

Yup. Agree 100%.

So Bill's press conference boiled down to... "Gotta do better, gonna start over, lots of problems, we'll work on it this week."
just like last year wash rinse repeat

when the 95 Pats sucked, underperformed, etc, there was light at the end of the tunnel....there were good players on the team - Martin, Coates, Bledsoe - guys that demanded a defensive coordinators attention - and a slew of good players on defense. there was reason to think the club could bounce back, plus they had a good coach.
The 2023 Patriots? there is no one on offense that comes close to starting on another NFL club and the defense, even w Gonzalez and Judon isn't good enough to cover for Bill the Coach's offense that cannot score.
The Patriots looked like the quit today and we haven't seen that since the second half of Pete Carrolls last season....they went 8-8. this current group of Jags isn't sniffing 8 wins any time soon

A great post ... Kraft deserves blame also ...fish rots from the head.
he is in collusion with a cheap payroll amongst other things.
How many times does this have to be said: the only way to "cheap out" on payroll is to have cap dollars left over and not roll them over to the next year. Ever since the NFL allowed teams to roll over excess salary cap by just writing a letter, the Patriots have rolled over 100% of their unspent cap.

If you want to argue that Belichick is mis-allocating funds (spending too much on X or not enough on Y), go ahead and make that argument. But spare me the "Kraft is cheap" nonsense, because it's 100% garbage.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back