PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this doesn't have much to do with the topic but who is the better BM? I prefer McGowan. Meriweather plays better than him a few times but McG plays at a consistently high level.

Last edited:
Third down throw

I was surprised at the end of the game when Brady attempted a bomb to Moss on third down. If we run it, the Jets would call a timeout and then we punt. Do you think Belichick was sending Ryan a message with that pass?

Congrats Pats fans. It is great to watch the jets lose. The Pats played a nearly flawless 1st half and i was hoping you would go into half time 35-0. The relaxed a little in the second half but over all i thought they played a good game. As a fins fan it makes me sick we gave up on welker, but then agian we dont have a Brady on the team to get him the ball. I can only hope the jets and their jack ass of a coach agonize over this game for the rest of the year.
As i had said in an earlier post, even though your team is in the same division as my team, the Pats are exciting to watch. Good game folks!

I didn't want to make a thread on it because I knew it would not go anywhere.

This could be complete HOMERISM, but there is stats to prove it.

Can we say the pats are the BEST team in the AFC? (hear me out)

Everyone knows how the pats-colts game went down and the pats dominated most of the game.

Look at this: Pats margin of victory +126, Colts +114.

7-3>10-0? or am i just losing it :D
10>7-3
Colts beat Patriots> Patriots lose to Colts

No, we'd be the 2nd or 3rd AFC team depending on the Bengals.

I loved how you guys tried to go to Moss up top when the game was well under wraps. Revis did his job, but damn Belichick is cut-throat! Geez.

Actually, we did that on a fairly periodic basis all day. I just think it was due back up in the rotation of plays. I think a big part of Moss' job today, was to clear revis out of the game by keeping him out wide on Moss. Those periodic throws do exactly that. The middle of the field was open all day to Welker (and Edelman too). Revis was a non-factor all day, as was Moss. I think by design as much as anything.

Last edited:
I loved how you guys tried to go to Moss up top when the game was well under wraps. Revis did his job, but damn Belichick is cut-throat! Geez.

The Jets still had a timeout left. That was likely the reasoning.

Actually, we did that on a fairly periodic basis all day. I just think it was due back up in the rotation of plays. I think a big part of Moss' job today, was to clear revis out of the game by keeping him out wide on Moss. Those periodic throws do exactly that. The middle of the field was open all day to Welker (and Edelman too). Revis was a non-factor all day, as was Moss. I think by design as much as anything.

Not with that little time left.

Congrats Pats fans. It is great to watch the jets lose. The Pats played a nearly flawless 1st half and i was hoping you would go into half time 35-0. The relaxed a little in the second half but over all i thought they played a good game. As a fins fan it makes me sick we gave up on welker, but then agian we dont have a Brady on the team to get him the ball. I can only hope the jets and their jack ass of a coach agonize over this game for the rest of the year.
As i had said in an earlier post, even though your team is in the same division as my team, the Pats are exciting to watch. Good game folks!

Nice post and thank you :) As you can see we have many fans who have a hard time settling for anything short of perfection ;). The Pats softened a bit after a really strong beginning but they were back in the saddle again after that. The Pats are never boring:woohoo:

I'm a bit torn. We did the job, came away with the win and got another divisional win in the column, however we continue to come out flat after half time. I sure hope we can do something about it, as teams seem to adjust well to the Patriots after half time.

this is the realistic way to look at things.....we did a good job overall on both sides of the ball in the first half (AGAIN) this week..........and once again played flat/coached scared and flat during the SECOND half..........Pees has proven that he is going to go prevent any time we have a lead. Go with the soft, no pressure D to what.....let the other team score? That would be ok if this is the 2007 offense (overall.....not the 2007 SB offense of course)......but I don't get the point of that......Yes, the cornerbacks did a he## of a job in confusing sancheese.....but the biggest thing missing from our defense OVERALL......is PRESSURE........sancheese killed himself tonight.....we did little to hurry or rush him......

good post btw

The second half "collapses" can not continue.......Next week, going up against the best team in football right now.....the team better bring it.....give Brees all day and tons of cushion......and we will get annihilated......that is the reality

Last edited:
I know this doesn't have much to do with the topic but who is the better BM? I prefer McGowan. Meriweather plays better than him a few times but McG plays at a consistently high level.

tough call.... each DB besides Butler is PSYCHICAL and w/ this stated each back has his best day..... I do not know who is most dominant yet.

I know. Why should he be pissed he got beat? Like were supposed to just give the ball back when were up at the end of the game? What is that?

F that blubbering, hot dog eating, *****........he has proven that he is all talk and no action.....crying like a fatherless daughter on the doctor Phil show.....what a douche bag......if he has any squawking to do.....it should be in regards to his joke of a quarterback.......

Pass rush might be the worst in the league

our pass rush...and the brilliance of Dean Pees....is right up there with Cleveland and their DC........

I think the Jets are actually a playoff quality football team, except for the QB spot. They have a good ground game, a very solid D. Last year when Favre was playing well - before he got hurt - the Jets looked quite good. But you just can't get it done without decent QB play. Sanchez just isn't ready, and its killing them.

Next week our opponent won't have this issue, and we will need play better IMO.

Last edited:
Props to Edelman for that third down gain.
Quite fidgety...

-Jamman

that was a clutch....veteran play.....could come in real handy if we make the playoffs......Heads up ball there.....and his mentor Welker......if he didn't get the game ball....not sure what is happening

Re: Thoughts on the Jets Game

Overall, a very good game. 10 good and bad points.

The good points:

1. 410 yards total offense and 31 points against a good Jets defense. Tied with Miami for most points given up by the Jets, and just behind Miami in total yards (413 vs. 410).
2. Dominant 1st half, again.
3. Dominated the time of possession almost 2:1.
4. Wes Welker was on fire.
5. Best overall defensive performance of the year, holding the Jets to 226 total yards offense (mostly in the 2nd half), with 5 turnovers include 4 INTs, one for a TD.
6. Sanchez to Bodden. The 1st INT gave us the momentum and the lead after the Maroney drive-killing fumble. The 3rd INT stopped the Jets momentum and gave us back control of the game.
7. 2 sacks by TBC, including one causing a fumble.
8. Good hard aggressive running by Maroney, despire the fumble.
9. Nice effort by a patchwork Oline, with Neal out and Vollmer missing much of the game.
10. Pretty much eliminated the 4-6 Jets from playoff contention, and embarrassed the Sanchize. :D

The bad points:

1. Final score should have been at least 38-7. Again missed a lot of potential points, killed a couple of drives, and missed several red zone chances.
2. Failed to show the killer instinct. Up 24-0, let the Jets back into the game and gave them some momentum. At one point a 10 point game with the Jets having the ball near midfield.
3. We once again reverted to soft coverage with no pressure and BBDB defense with a lead, allowing the Jets to mount their only sustained offensive drive of the game. Pees was much more of a threat to us than Sanchez.
4. Terrible special teams. Bad coverage of punts and kickoffs. Blocked punt by Hanson for a TD could have been huge with another team. Missed 39 yard FG by Ghost ... just not acceptable.
5. 0 points scored in the 3rd quarter again. Just not acceptable.
6. Oline broke down in the 2nd half. Brady was pressured the whole half.
7. Moss pretty much shut down by Revis.
8. 6 penalties for 51 yards.
9. Fumbled the ball 3 times, losing 1.
10. Where were the TEs? Neither Watson nor Baker had a catch. They obviously were busy helping in protection, but it would have been nice to see them involved a little bit in the passing game.

Not bad overall, but we'll have to do better next week against the Saints.

great post.....and I agree......If we play the 2nd half against Saints the way we have against Jests and Colts........it will be a rough ending.......I have a bad feeling about next weeks game......would feel better if it was home.....not away at the loudest stadium in the league

1. Final score should have been at least 38-7. Again missed a lot of potential points, killed a couple of drives, and missed several red zone chances.
2. Failed to show the killer instinct. Up 24-0, let the Jets back into the game and gave them some momentum. At one point a 10 point game with the Jets having the ball near midfield.
3. We once again reverted to soft coverage with no pressure and BBDB defense with a lead, allowing the Jets to mount their only sustained offensive drive of the game. Pees was much more of a threat to us than Sanchez.
4. Terrible special teams. Bad coverage of punts and kickoffs. Blocked punt by Hanson for a TD could have been huge with another team. Missed 39 yard FG by Ghost ... just not acceptable.
5. 0 points scored in the 3rd quarter again. Just not acceptable.
6. Oline broke down in the 2nd half. Brady was pressured the whole half.
9. Fumbled the ball 3 times, losing 1.
10. Where were the TEs? Neither Watson nor Baker had a catch. They obviously were busy helping in protection, but it would have been nice to see them involved a little bit in the passing game.

I agree with ya.
We are stil not firing on all cyclinders. We need to pick it up if we want to get to the SB.

We need to pick it up if we want to get to the SB.

Never mind winning the division and making it to the playoffs........

Complete homerism, but I agree with you.
Look at what HAD to go wrong for the Pats to lose last week:
a. LoMo fumble on the goal line.
b. Brady red zone INT.
c. Another phantom PI call in Indy.
d. Horrendous spot by the ref, and uncharacteristic mismanagement of timeouts by the Pats.
e. Injuries to TBC & Ninko with Green & Warren already out.
f. Matt Light out, Vollmer did a great job, but we had no one to spell Kaczur when he struggled.

If there's a rematch, we can possible have Green & Warren back, as well as Taylor and Sammy. I like our chances....

"f. Matt Light out, Vollmer did a great job, but we had no one to spell Kaczur when he struggled."

Alright lets get this straight.....Vollmer has played brilliantly.....better than Light has in several years........as a matter of fact, would think this is Light's last year in a Pats uni.......Kaczur has sucked for awhile now.....and you are right.....he NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!........Agree with you that we need Warren and Green back.....soon.....

great post.....and I agree......If we play the 2nd half against Saints the way we have against Jests and Colts........it will be a rough ending.......I have a bad feeling about next weeks game......would feel better if it was home.....not away at the loudest stadium in the league

On the plus side, I should also mention that our run defense held the league-leading Jets rushing attack to almost 60 yards below their season average, and that we out-rushed the Jets.

I actually have a very good feeling about next week's game, and I'm glad that we left lots of room for improvement. I want us to peak against teams like Indy and NO, not against the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case