PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the Jets Game

Overall, a very good game. 10 good and bad points.

The good points:

1. 410 yards total offense and 31 points against a good Jets defense. Tied with Miami for most points given up by the Jets, and just behind Miami in total yards (413 vs. 410).
2. Dominant 1st half, again.
3. Dominated the time of possession almost 2:1.
4. Wes Welker was on fire.
5. Best overall defensive performance of the year, holding the Jets to 226 total yards offense (mostly in the 2nd half), with 5 turnovers include 4 INTs, one for a TD.
6. Sanchez to Bodden. The 1st INT gave us the momentum and the lead after the Maroney drive-killing fumble. The 3rd INT stopped the Jets momentum and gave us back control of the game.
7. 2 sacks by TBC, including one causing a fumble.
8. Good hard aggressive running by Maroney, despire the fumble.
9. Nice effort by a patchwork Oline, with Neal out and Vollmer missing much of the game.
10. Pretty much eliminated the 4-6 Jets from playoff contention, and embarrassed the Sanchize. :D

The bad points:

1. Final score should have been at least 38-7. Again missed a lot of potential points, killed a couple of drives, and missed several red zone chances.
2. Failed to show the killer instinct. Up 24-0, let the Jets back into the game and gave them some momentum. At one point a 10 point game with the Jets having the ball near midfield.
3. We once again reverted to soft coverage with no pressure and BBDB defense with a lead, allowing the Jets to mount their only sustained offensive drive of the game. Pees was much more of a threat to us than Sanchez.
4. Terrible special teams. Bad coverage of punts and kickoffs. Blocked punt by Hanson for a TD could have been huge with another team. Missed 39 yard FG by Ghost ... just not acceptable.
5. 0 points scored in the 3rd quarter again. Just not acceptable.
6. Oline broke down in the 2nd half. Brady was pressured the whole half.
7. Moss pretty much shut down by Revis.
8. 6 penalties for 51 yards.
9. Fumbled the ball 3 times, losing 1.
10. Where were the TEs? Neither Watson nor Baker had a catch. They obviously were busy helping in protection, but it would have been nice to see them involved a little bit in the passing game.

Not bad overall, but we'll have to do better next week against the Saints.

Edelman did a great job and showed how much he's improved in such a short time. Used to be he'd get taken down, and we'd all say, "Welker gets a few more yards on that one." Now Edelman's doing it a bit, too. GREAT sign.

Rex is on ESPN the blitz right now ... no tissue though.

I loved how you guys tried to go to Moss up top when the game was well under wraps. Revis did his job, but damn Belichick is cut-throat! Geez.

I loved how you guys tried to go to Moss up top when the game was well under wraps. Revis did his job, but damn Belichick is cut-throat! Geez.

he is a BALLA!!! NO MERCY!!!!!!!!!:)

Did anybody else notice?: The Patriots fans were booing when Fat Man Crybaby called a time out with 5 seconds left in the game, and they had a close up of him and he kept saying "Eff Them. Eff Them." (Of course, he used the actual word).

Yeah, Fat Man, eff the Patriots fans............that's WINNING TEAM New England Patriots fans to you.

That jelly roll can't stop himself from yapping. When he's not yapping he's crying. What a horse's ass. As far as how the Jets' fans feel about their QB, someone over on NJ.com: NJ.com: Jets Forum Forum has dubbed him TalibanChez.

Last edited:

That's what happens when you've had your throat cut before ... and Bill's been slit a few times.

Sanchize is like Favre without the upside right now.

The lone td given up on D was really good coverage, just a great pass & catch. It's kind of obvious that the pass defense we employ can victimize inaccurate QBs, unfortunately, Seyton is not very inaccurate.

Pass rush was ok, but where art thou AdT?

Were none of the TEs open today? It was truly the Wes Welker show, with a light pinch of Edelman & Moss. Take what they give you, but man I was hoping to see some TE action or some of Isaiah Stanbeck.

We faced the #1 rushing attack and they barely got over 100 yds, which a good chunk coming in the 4th while NE was protecting the 2 score cushion.

Some things that still concern me:
Do we not have anyone that can get open for the 15-20 yard catch? It's either short+YAC or the deep ball. Nothing midrange.

Haven't seen much of the bubble screen lately, is that due to the recent injuries on the o-line?

O-line still doesn't run block very well, but LoMo is trying his ass off out there.

Kick coverage was a little off today as well.

Re: Thoughts on the Jets Game

#2 and #5 worries me the most. It has become a consistent trend.

#2 and #5 worries me the most. It has become a consistent trend.

#10 is rather concerning as well.
I'd like to see tight ends more actively involved in the offensive gameplan to diminish the predictability of our passing offense.

-Jamman

1. Final score should have been at least 38-7. Again missed a lot of potential points, killed a couple of drives, and missed several red zone chances.
2. Failed to show the killer instinct. Up 24-0, let the Jets back into the game and gave them some momentum. At one point a 10 point game with the Jets having the ball near midfield.
3. We once again reverted to soft coverage with no pressure and BBDB defense with a lead, allowing the Jets to mount their only sustained offensive drive of the game. Pees was much more of a threat to us than Sanchez.
4. Terrible special teams. Bad coverage of punts and kickoffs. Blocked punt by Hanson for a TD could have been huge with another team. Missed 39 yard FG by Ghost ... just not acceptable.
5. 0 points scored in the 3rd quarter again. Just not acceptable.
6. Oline broke down in the 2nd half. Brady was pressured the whole half.
9. Fumbled the ball 3 times, losing 1.
10. Where were the TEs? Neither Watson nor Baker had a catch. They obviously were busy helping in protection, but it would have been nice to see them involved a little bit in the passing game.

I agree with ya.
We are stil not firing on all cyclinders. We need to pick it up if we want to get to the SB.

#10 is rather concerning as well.
I'd like to see tight ends more actively involved in the offensive gameplan to diminish the predictability of our passing offense.

-Jamman

They were actively involved in the blocking game. I wouldn't worry about them.

I didn't want to make a thread on it because I knew it would not go anywhere.

This could be complete HOMERISM, but there is stats to prove it.

Can we say the pats are the BEST team in the AFC? (hear me out)

Everyone knows how the pats-colts game went down and the pats dominated most of the game.

Look at this: Pats margin of victory +126, Colts +114.

7-3>10-0? or am i just losing it :D

If I didn't watch the game and just saw the final score, I'd be happy. But they really did let the Jets back into it briefly. And I'm really getting sick of the lack of halftime adjustments. We are the highest scoring team in the first half, but the second half, we look awful.

Still, it's a good win. A lot of positives. But a lot of things to work on before the Saints game.

I didn't want to make a thread on it because I knew it would not go anywhere.

This could be complete HOMERISM, but there is stats to prove it.

Can we say the pats are the BEST team in the AFC? (hear me out)

Everyone knows how the pats-colts game went down and the pats dominated most of the game.

Look at this: Pats margin of victory +126, Colts +114.

7-3>10-0? or am i just losing it :D
Complete homerism, but I agree with you.
Look at what HAD to go wrong for the Pats to lose last week:
a. LoMo fumble on the goal line.
b. Brady red zone INT.
c. Another phantom PI call in Indy.
d. Horrendous spot by the ref, and uncharacteristic mismanagement of timeouts by the Pats.
e. Injuries to TBC & Ninko with Green & Warren already out.
f. Matt Light out, Vollmer did a great job, but we had no one to spell Kaczur when he struggled.

If there's a rematch, we can possible have Green & Warren back, as well as Taylor and Sammy. I like our chances....

They were actively involved in the blocking game. I wouldn't worry about them.

Obviously my point was directed towards more pass catching from the tight ends, to help mix things up, as the offense seems to be keyed too often on Welker and Moss to their detriment at times...

That's far from worrying though, as they still managed to score a sizeable amount.

-Jamman

It was good to see my man Vollmer back........ losing him would have made it a game:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots