PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious that Maroney is going to have to somehow run for 300 yards in a game before anyone concedes that he runs hard, but still runs behind a bad run blocking O-Line.

Give him a line that can block and enough carries (20+/game) and I think he could be a 1500 yard back. But those things won't happen on this team.

Maroney is a load once he gets going. He's got the moves, and he's shown a physical dimension to his running that has been missing. But it's hard to be physical when you're hit 3 yards behind the LOS and can't generate any momentum.

I rarely criticize Randy Moss, but he didn't even bring his "C" game today. He never seemed to run even close to full speed and just gave off a "disinterested" vibe (at least to me, I admit that's completely subjective watching on TV). I hope his back is not acting up again, because the way he was running reminded me of the way he ran earlier in the season.

Other than that, my main criticism is that the offense is too predictable. It seems like I can almost call out where the ball is going pre-snap by formation alone. It seems like most teams come out in the 2nd half with adjustments, while the Patriots just continue to run the same stuff.

I was at the game, never got that vibe. Moss was fine. Almost every play he had Rhodes and Revis (and some times Leonard) covering him.

It never dawned on me till a few minutes ago when I was checking my fantasy team stats, that I've have pretty much beat my opponent for the week. The irony? The last name of my team is the Patriots. My opponents name: Jets...:)

I was wondering why Rex Ryan called a timeout with 5 seconds left in the game for one final attempt to score a garbage time TD.

Apparently he did it as a direct response to Belichick throwing on 3rd and 8th with 25 seconds left in the game, which really ticked off Rex who had already conceded the game by not calling any timeouts on the Patriots final offensive drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back