PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass rush might be the worst in the league

game was much closer than the score indicated. I started having flashbacks to Denver with all the three and outs and missed opportunities, but our defense, and eventually the offense came through when it mattered.

oh yeah, and man does it feel good to be 7-3

even thou I hate Maroney w/ a Firey PASSION...... he played extremely well in the 2nd half....... his fumble was inexcusable but he ran well @ the end.

I still hate MARONEY....... btw

gotta give credit where it is due.... good 2nd half Maroney.

FLIP..... mine was:( the last post of the page.

Pass rush might be the worst in the league

LMAO, and even if that statement was true, are you saying the pats have the best secondary in the league, because the pats are a top 5 defense.

I rarely criticize Randy Moss, but he didn't even bring his "C" game today. He never seemed to run even close to full speed and just gave off a "disinterested" vibe (at least to me, I admit that's completely subjective watching on TV). I hope his back is not acting up again, because the way he was running reminded me of the way he ran earlier in the season.

Other than that, my main criticism is that the offense is too predictable. It seems like I can almost call out where the ball is going pre-snap by formation alone. It seems like most teams come out in the 2nd half with adjustments, while the Patriots just continue to run the same stuff.

At Jetsinsider they are mad because Brady did not shake hands.

I know you guys are all hopped up for the game next week against the Saints, but I really don't think it's that big of a game for you. Yes, it is a measuring tool to see how you measure up with the NFC's best team and to see if your 2007 squad has finally rekindled its form (in actuallity, I'm a bit worried you have hit that stride.) And yes it does position you nicely for playoff seeding if you win, but the big game is against us the following week.

You may very well steamroll us, it's a possibility. But if we can hang tough, get pressure on Brady, and protect the football, we just might hang one on you and make the division race a very interesting one.

I watched most of your game today and it's the same story. You can be ran on, we can move the ball on you and we can score points, but how will we contain Moss and Welker.

I'm thinking we go with a cover one with Gibril Wilson playing center field (kind of a scary thought lol) Yeremiah Bell up in the box feeling out Watson and Welker should the test between the hash marks, and go with Nate Jones on Welker. Force him into the middle, funnel him into a zone.

This will work if we do it, but it exposes the outside because I'm putting Vontae Davis one on one with Randy Moss. It's crazy, but I think it's our only shot. He has the physicality to fluster Moss and there's no way he'll back down. Go with Sean Smith on the other side of the field and maybe roll Wilson on top of Moss every now and then.

Bottom line is we have to get pressure on Brady or else it doesn't matter what kind of coverage we run. I think Cam Wake is going to get a lot more snaps in the coming weeks and he has been our best pure pass rusher.

Can't wait till week 13. Sunday night in Miami. :cool:

Did anybody else notice?: The Patriots fans were booing when Fat Man Crybaby called a time out with 5 seconds left in the game, and they had a close up of him and he kept saying "Eff Them. Eff Them." (Of course, he used the actual word).

Yeah, Fat Man, eff the Patriots fans............that's WINNING TEAM New England Patriots fans to you.

I rarely criticize Randy Moss, but he didn't even bring his "C" game today. He never seemed to run even close to full speed and just gave off a "disinterested" vibe (at least to me, I admit that's completely subjective watching on TV). I hope his back is not acting up again, because the way he was running reminded me of the way he ran earlier in the season.

Other than that, my main criticism is that the offense is too predictable. It seems like I can almost call out where the ball is going pre-snap by formation alone. It seems like most teams come out in the 2nd half with adjustments, while the Patriots just continue to run the same stuff.

bull........ He was covered by REVIS often.... he is a legit CB. Welker came up big as always:)

Did anybody else notice?: The Patriots fans were booing when Fat Man Crybaby called a time out with 5 seconds left in the game, and they had a close up of him and he kept saying "Eff Them. Eff Them." (Of course, he used the actual word).

Yeah, Fat Man, eff the Patriots fans............that's WINNING TEAM New England Patriots fans to you.

if he thinks we're bad he'll probably have a nervous breakdown when he reads the papers in NY tomorrow.

I'm am SO DISAPPOINTED...

I'm off tomorrow from work and will only see my Jest co-worker tuesday afternoon...:singing::singing::singing:

I'm am SO DISAPPOINTED...

I'm off tomorrow from work and will only see my Jest co-worker tuesday afternoon...:singing::singing::singing:

hehehehehahaaha

rub it in for me......

Bring up the "SANCHIZE" and his uselessness:):):):)

4 smiles for 4 picks

Props to Edelman for that third down gain.
Quite fidgety...

-Jamman

Props to Edelman for that third down gain.
Quite fidgety...

-Jamman

very athletic...... squirmed and fought for yardage.....

welll done liltle Welker :)

I could sit here and argue with you guys all night about how Belichick is classless and all that jazz...

But god damn, at least your team has won something. Rex Ryan has this self-incriminating desperation to be accepted and this unwarranted swagger and arrogance like he's done something before.

He has quickly risen to the top of my most hated men in the league list. It used to be Belichick, Brady and Harrison.

Now it's Ryan, Scott and Rhodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes