PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 penalties called against the Pats....PLUS Weirdo Mike "The Fixer"'s curious spots ....of course, only THREE calls against the Phins, two being about as blatant and deliberate PI's as anyone has ever seen...with a ton of deliberate PI's going uncalled all game against Patriot WR's.

I would think the less talented (admittedly) Phins would be flagged for more infractions on the road with rookies all over the starting 11's but I guess Mike "The Fixer" Carey decided to level the playing field because, after all, HE is the reputed "best referree" in the league and NEVER makes any errors in judgement.

Right....and Moose and Rocky were spotted going over Frostbite Falls in a bicycle made for two.

1. Stressful day for the fans but a gritty performance and a win is a win, we are comfortably ahead in the division

2. Ted Ginn is a horrible WR that has costed MIA several gms this year. I might turn into 790 the Ticket Miami tomorrow to listen to the craziness

3. Never, ever, ever do I want to see a 50 yd bomb pass on a 2nd and 1.

4. No more rollouts to the left, we don't have Steve Young

5. Whoever covered Welker did an amazing job

6. Going for 2pts at 22-17 drove me nuts. There were 18 minutes left in the gm!

7. That extra effort run by Maroney was awesome when everyone thought he was down

8. Chad Henne is much better than Mark Sanchize. Either that or Dean Pees is making him look good

9. Gostkowski was awesome on kickoffs, but his FGs are recently having some twist and drama to em.

10. Crowd was pretty pathetic. The home crowds for the Bills and Ravens games sparked the defense I thought.

Our D has been consistently holding our opponents under 20 pts. It's a good thing.

The bad thing is our O is up and down. Our redzone still sucks.

1. Stressful day for the fans but a gritty performance and a win is a win, we are comfortably ahead in the division

2. Ted Ginn is a horrible WR that has costed MIA several gms this year. I might turn into 790 the Ticket Miami tomorrow to listen to the craziness

4. No more rollouts to the left, we don't have Steve Young

7. That extra effort run by Maroney was awesome when everyone thought he was down

8. Chad Henne is much better than Mark Sanchize. Either that or Dean Pees is making him look good

9. Gostkowski was awesome on kickoffs, but his FGs are recently having some twist and drama to em.

10. Crowd was pretty pathetic. The home crowds for the Bills and Ravens games sparked the defense I thought.

yea, cuz he was being held down every time

on one occasion, where brady got sacked, welker was the GROUND, with a DB ON TOP OF HIM

and still no flag

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to discuss it, but this was another great game from Wilfork.

Will we be resigning him? The guy has been nothing but reliable and a model player throughout his tenure, and I truly hope they reach some sort of compromise in terms of a new contract rather than franchizing him.

But that's me...

-Jamman

"3. Never, ever, ever do I want to see a 50 yd bomb pass on a 2nd and 1."

seriously. some of the offensive playcalling was just downright stupid. the team struggled in the redzone again (thanks in part to a dropped TD by Law Firm), but still, 27 points should be enough to win in the NFL on any week.

yea, cuz he was being held down every time

on one occasion, where brady got sacked, welker was the GROUND, with a DB ON TOP OF HIM

and still no flag

You can get away with a lot before the ball is thrown and within five yards of the LOS.

Like most every week, there was a lot of good and bad to talk about. Bottom line, we got out with the win. I HATE Miami week. They always play us tough and we regularly seem to drop a game to them here and there (in humiliating fashion too). Not this game. Solid win.

Maroney looked decisive. Loved SeaBass, Love the VERY physical nature of our secondary (even with Chung’s penalty). They just like to hit. Brady was steady, but got the sense he was just playing through this one. Nothing flashy, just steady. WR’s too…. Not sure why I feel this, but we seem to be just inches off out 2007 offensive form. Almost there, just not quite. It was several feet off earlier in the year, so I suppose that bodes well for later in the year. ;)

OC play calling sucked. The ref’s were terrible. Thanks god Ginn sucks as a WR, he could have hurt us. The shot of Porter near the end holding in tears warmed my heart. Hope Koppen is okay, but I have to admit, I was very pleasantly surprised by Connely. He didn’t miss a beat out there. Also, I hate our PR on 3rd down…….. Jesus……… How many 3rd and 10+ converted have we allowed for the year now, anyone counting?

All and all…….. Notch the win and get ready for Indy. I feel good about Indy……. They are hobbled right now.

Hey guys/gals... Miami fan living in Buffalo. wanted to say congrats on a good game. The pats are always fun to watch whether you are rooting for them or against them. I thought miami played a decent game, but they are not ready to compete on the level of the pats. Good game.

Nice classy post. Like I said.... Miami is NEVER a gimme game for the Patriots. Unlike Buffalo :singing:

Last edited:
You can get away with a lot before the ball is thrown and within five yards of the LOS.

Sometimes people forget that Welker runs alot of routes inside 5 yards.

My points from an opposing fans view.

1) Davis will be an excellent corner one day, but there is no way the coaching staff should have let him cover Moss 1on1. I knew sooner or later Moss would torch him.

2) Ted Ginn dropped another pass late in the 4th quarter. If Ginn and his family could catch a pass Miami wins the Indy game, Miami possibly wins the saints game (instead it was a pick 6 going the other way), Miami has a shot to at least tie this game.

3) The wildcat isn't as effective against BB a 3rd time (wasn't effective the second time either). Time to figure out another way to outcoach him

4) Brady, is brady. Moss is Moss, Welker is Welker, and well enough said there. (PS I hate playing you guys twice every year)

5) Porter sucks, all he does is talk trash and can't back it up, this guy needs to be released at the end of the year. I also believe that Taylors days are behind him. Between the two of them I think they've touched Brady once.

6) Maroney still needs to hit the hole harder for you guys to have a consistant running game. Perhaps he should watch how Ricky hits the holes.

7) Wish the game was in Miami because the clock runs out before you get a chance to kick the field goal b4 half. You guys should buy your clock person a case of beer, he/she had quite the trigger finger.

8) We are still your whipping boys, for at least this year and possibly next year. Hopefully by 2011 we will have a WR who can catch. :D

Sometimes people forget that Welker runs alot of routes inside 5 yards.

My points from an opposing fans view.

1) Davis will be an excellent corner one day, but there is no way the coaching staff should have let him cover Moss 1on1. I knew sooner or later Moss would torch him.

2) Ted Ginn dropped another pass late in the 4th quarter. If Ginn and his family could catch a pass Miami wins the Indy game, Miami possibly wins the saints game (instead it was a pick 6 going the other way), Miami has a shot to at least tie this game.

3) The wildcat isn't as effective against BB a 3rd time (wasn't effective the second time either). Time to figure out another way to outcoach him

4) Brady, is brady. Moss is Moss, Welker is Welker, and well enough said there. (PS I hate playing you guys twice every year)

5) Porter sucks, all he does is talk trash and can't back it up, this guy needs to be released at the end of the year. I also believe that Taylors days are behind him. Between the two of them I think they've touched Brady once.

6) Maroney still needs to hit the hole harder for you guys to have a consistant running game. Perhaps he should watch how Ricky hits the holes.

7) Wish the game was in Miami because the clock runs out before you get a chance to kick the field goal b4 half. You guys should buy your clock person a case of beer, he/she had quite the trigger finger.

8) We are still your whipping boys, for at least this year and possibly next year. Hopefully by 2011 we will have a WR who can catch. :D

well, hopefully by then we have a cb who can cover better than the ones we have did today

on top of that, i thought maroney ran better then ronnie today....and the one special trait he showed was making yards out of nothing....ill take that running very day

I'm wondering at what point do we start to become excited or keep our reservations about the 2009 draft class. So far Butler, Chung, Vollmer, Pryor, Edelman and to a lesser extent Tate have looked alright from what we have seen.

I'm fast developing a man crush on Vollmer.

I'm wondering at what point do we start to become excited or keep our reservations about the 2009 draft class. So far Butler, Chung, Vollmer, Pryor, Edelman and to a lesser extent Tate have looked alright from what we have seen.

I'm fast developing a man crush on Vollmer.

Looking ahead a year or two Vollmer could be the best T taken in the 09 draft.
Im excited/nervous to see him go heads up against Freeney, easily his biggest test so far.

I must be completely out of the loop, but where was Seau?

I must be completely out of the loop, but where was Seau?

I saw him on the sidelines, and from the look of it, he is rather coaching, he was looking at the offensive shots of Miami and talking to our D. He was in a Jersey but did not play.

Last edited:
A little OT and sorry if it was mentioned before, but right at the end of the game I watched Brady, he went right across the field, practically sprinting, to go and talk to Jason Taylor. You could see them chatting like old friends (which they are). Just makes me more bummed out again that we couldn't get him in the off season.

Just makes me more bummed out again that we couldn't get him in the off season.

After last night, I'm not too upset we missed him. We need to coach our boys up, though.

5. So holding a WR to 9 catches for 84 yards is amazing?

6. Thought is the right call to make at that point. Miami just drove down the field and killed 10 mins off the clock. BB is thinking if they go on another 10 minute drive and score we will be down again and not much time on the clock.

9. He made them and that is all that matters.

10. Gillette crowds sucks 90% of the time anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back