PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Colts Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd and 2 you run the ball even with Maroney u are going to get a yard most likely. or even a qb sneak. BB needs his head examined....

They ran the ball multiple times in the 4th and Maroney was getting stuffed.

I think it could be a Super Bowl team...but they gotta get healthy on defense in a hurry.

What were they down to...?

3 or 4 defensive linemen and....maybe 2 OLBs?

The team would not have fallen on its face were it not for the ref-delivered TD on that drive.

Please stop before you shoot all your crediablity down the drain... The refs are not the cause , for the first time in a long time , the coaching decisions are in question...

I don't blame BB for using the 3rd timeout there. Brady using the second timeout though was certainly funky at the start of a series.

On 4th down, with one play to go before the 2 minute warning, you must use a timeout there.

Wasn't it Welker who called that time out?

Please stop before you shoot all your crediablity down the drain... The refs are not the cause , for the first time in a long time , the coaching decisions are in question...

How do you know that?

Did you know that the ref that called "bobble" was in BACK of Faulk?? How the **** does he see through Faulk's back?

I just can't get the feeling of dissapointment out of my head. All this loss shows me is what I feared. This game, as I've been saying all season was the measuring stick. So far the Patriots the last 2 years have a good W-L against **** teams and a weak W-L against good teams. WTF is up with this?

Why can this team no longer beat the good teams? why do they continue to blow big games in closing situatiosn? This team in the early 00's was smart, clutch. Now they just fold like nobody's ever time it counts, every season since 04. They continue to pile up good stats against inferior competition and lose to the good teams.

It seems like every loss like this, we analyze it to death and focus on all the little things that could have changed the out come. My question is, how long is this going to continue? Has the magic faded or what? This team continues to blow leads in the 4th quarter. I hate to say it but we are officially the 01-04 Colts/Eagles. Beat the scrubs, pad the stats, fold when it counts whenever it counts.

shoot me, tell me I'm over reacting. Look at their record against teams well over .500 the last 4 years. See how many blown 4th qtr leads they've had. When will they get it right? Or are we just going to shake our heads and admit this team just doesn't have "it" like it used to.
Pretty much

Re: I Just Don't Get It

Are you blind, Upstater1? Did you mentally block "habitually" out of that sentence when you read it? Or do you just not understand its definition. It's simple, really. Use your brain.

And what is the significance of "Habitually?" WHat the hell does that mean? Going after the refs for close calls is ludicrous whether you do it habitually or once. It's ludicrous all the time.

Eh, I think the league is bad enough that the Patriots can make it to the AFCCG with this ****ty game managing. They certainly don't stand a chance against the Saints, though.

The only positive out of this.... the only _______ thing is my man Vollmer is a stud

Vollmer doubters feel it...... he is legit.

I rather we had punted....... let Indy march the field and try and beat you.

This is a travesty.... TFB and the O were superior and Belichick's failure to trust in his defense was the key to our defeat today.

When this team gave the chance for the defense, which played its best football on the road in a long time, or the running game , they had no faith. ... The red zone play calls, the maroney fumble , led to the 4th and 2 ... This team is not going far.. if the coach thinks if Brady and Moss cant win me games, then nothing else will..

I just can't get the feeling of dissapointment out of my head. All this loss shows me is what I feared. This game, as I've been saying all season was the measuring stick. So far the Patriots the last 2 years have a good W-L against **** teams and a weak W-L against good teams. WTF is up with this?

Why can this team no longer beat the good teams? why do they continue to blow big games in closing situatiosn? This team in the early 00's was smart, clutch. Now they just fold like nobody's ever time it counts, every season since 04. They continue to pile up good stats against inferior competition and lose to the good teams.

It seems like every loss like this, we analyze it to death and focus on all the little things that could have changed the out come. My question is, how long is this going to continue? Has the magic faded or what? This team continues to blow leads in the 4th quarter. I hate to say it but we are officially the 01-04 Colts/Eagles. Beat the scrubs, pad the stats, fold when it counts whenever it counts.

shoot me, tell me I'm over reacting. Look at their record against teams well over .500 the last 4 years. See how many blown 4th qtr leads they've had. When will they get it right? Or are we just going to shake our heads and admit this team just doesn't have "it" like it used to.

Well, in the Super Bowl years, we lost to the Rams, a couple years later to the Steelers, so we lost games to our best opponents in those years.

Exactly. Some people will say bull****, and they'll point to next week when/if we beat the weak Jets. But this team just cannot handle the big boys. I agree. The division is ours, but this is a 2nd round AFC title game tops team.

This was the game our D could prove themselves and they failed all the way.

Nah, I'm not buying that. The D made mistakes but for long periods of the game they did well - what was it, 6 punts for the Colts in the first half? They were gassed at the end, in large part due to the offense not being able to keep them off the field. The D's getting there.

There's really not much more to say than the Patriots continue to kill the Patriots.

1. Lack of crucial execution,
2. A complete lack of faith in the defense,
3. Play calling reliance on Tom Brady,
4. Tom Brady calling what appears to be to many audibles,
5. Abandoning the run when it was clearly working, and
5. Belichick continuing to over-think situations and over coach.

All of these things are readily fixable. Whether or not we do is another thing.

We had the Colts stone cold beaten motherless tonight. Stone cold motherless. I have no idea which patriots we are anymore, the one's who thrive on pressure and performing when it matters most against quality opposition or a finesse team who beats up on nancy boy teams.

I'm gutted with that result... especially now that it leads to Manning's star rising to another stratosphere. My hat is off to him. There is no way he should have won tonight.

Ah well, end rant bring on the Jets.

I'm sorry, but like you I'm having the same thoughts although I think I've come to the harsh reality. I really don't know what it is. Maybe the defense is lacking that pass rusher, or they have just lost "it". But this team continues to fold in any situation that it matters. this game matters in the fact that no matter what, we have to go through Indy.

This game is yet another game the Patriots blow in the 4th qtr. This team used to thrive on situations like this. They always beat the good teams, always made the right decisions, the key plays. EVER since 04, they've done the exact opposite. Take 07 out of the equation and look at this teams performance in clutch, late game situations in game that mattered against good opponents.

When, outside of Indy in 07, do they get it done? They continue to fail in big situations, in games. I've come to the conclusion they've become the Eagles/Colts of the early 00's. Explosive team, beat all the pretenders, fold when it matters most. No logical person can deny this.

I'm not saying we suck, or anything like that. They just don't have what ever it was that seperated them before.

sadly our defense did play very well until the end. our offense scored 10 pts in the 2nd half and our lack of application to the running game cost us. Samelike in 2006 where we didnt run the ball then and today the same. shouldve run twice .if not with maroney then with faulk or brady himself sneak it .
during the atl game when bb went for it he ran the ball .why not here...put wilfork in if you have to a full back.

he's not wrong though

I never want to blame the refs and I thought it was really fantastic officiating overall. This one call though was just a total head scratcher. I would have been upset with it no matter where or when it was called and I'm especially upset that it came at such a crucial moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Pa Patriot

How do you know that?

Did you know that the ref that called "bobble" was in BACK of Faulk?? How the **** does he see through Faulk's back?

What coaching decisions, going for it on 4th and 2 was the right percentage call. Both teams made mistakes but the refs cannot blow a call with the game on the line.

And for everyone doubting if were a super bowl team, do you think the Colts are a super bowl team after that defensive performance?

The super bowl is up for grabs and we can take it.

Don't blame the reffs we gave the game away, multiple times.

I have never been more disgusted in a loss (at least not for a long time). Everything on that last few minuteswas just downright offensive. Let's recap:

1.) Two blown time outs.
2.) Not able to challenge what might have been a first down because of it.
3.) Going for it on 4th down
4.) Tackling Addai after he got past the first line of defense rather than just letting him score and giving the Pats a shot to get the field goal.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was yelling to let Addai score when he busted through the line. The second he went down on the one yard line, the game was over.

This loss is on the coaching in my book. The Pats should have not lost this game and it was a series of stupid mistakes that cost the Pats this game. I don't want to take away anything from the Colts because they stepped up when they had to, but the Pats allowed them the opportunities.

How do you know that?

Please that is enough , no more debate on this.. Was it a first down?? it could have been, but Maroney fumble, Brady int in the red zone led to the stupid decision, not to mention Belichick's lack of faith on defense, and I think we could say the first round bust in Maroney..

I am convinced that we are the best team in the league. We just need to get that clutchness back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back