PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Colts Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the move was BB's lack of faith in the defense but more the up most respect he has for Manning. Let's be honest, my dog could have been head coach for the Colts tonight and the result would have been the same. I got the same tremors and upset stomach I got from the 2006 AFC championship game. It's just F'ing a joke, now we have to listen to this gutter trash for a week before we can beat the Jets ass.....

I will say this, if that same "bobble" had happened in any of the other games on Sunday it would not have been called. Not because I think the Ref's are in the tank for the Colts (which they aren't) but because those are the type of breaks the Patriots have been getting the past couple seasons.....

Last edited:
Re: End of an Era

Belichick gave his proverbial "2 Weeks Notice" with that decision. No defense, no run game and a Coach who violates the cardinal rules of football. The Belichick Superbowl era is OVER.

Oh stop being a drama Queen... It's not like we got outplayed for 4 quarters, no Maroney fumble at the 1 and this game is ours. BB screwed the pooch today but to say it's all over is just plain stupid.

Re: I Just Don't Get It

Are you blind, Upstater1? Did you mentally block "habitually" out of that sentence when you read it? Or do you just not understand its definition. It's simple, really. Use your brain.

The decision to go for it doesn't bother me all that much. Not having any time outs does. As do the refs on the PI call and the Faulk spot.

I don't blame BB for using the 3rd timeout there. Brady using the second timeout though was certainly funky at the start of a series.

On 4th down, with one play to go before the 2 minute warning, you must use a timeout there.

Tough lose tonight ... Pats had plenty of chances to win it but didn't make the one play more to pull it out. Lots of good play by key people and perhaps some failure by the defense to finish the job.

I think in the end the loss of DL players hurt us the most as rotation of players would have helped greatly. The players were hot and over heated as usual ... tough place to play no doubt.

I give Belichick credit for the gutsy call ... Brady could have done a better job there and he knows it. I'd make the call again if I was Bill as that play puts the nail in the game. Even if they punted it our DL were toasted and Manning still makes that drive.

We'll be in the playoffs and we'll get even better ... so go Pats ... keep up the hard work ... we'll meet the Colts again.

Great post Icy. We will get better. We will learn from this game.

Heartbreaking for sure but they definitely played the better game. The bend don't break defense in the fourth may work vs most teams but it is ill advised against team like the Colts. Unless we were up by more than four scores :) They better not let up against the Saints later this month. I sense the offense is just trying to run out the clock in the fourth. I personally like the fourth and 2 attempt. Let's face it, if they had made it, we would have called Bill a genius. Well, sometime you win, sometime you lose I guess. It's the regular season so it's all good. I am content as long as they win the super bowl :cool:

Again the refs did not lose the game, anyone who says it does not know football.. But it does go to show

The Pats have no faith in Maroney or the Defense... Which is why we can more than likley talk draft in a few weeks... We will make the playoffs, but this is not a super bowl team..

I just can't get the feeling of dissapointment out of my head. All this loss shows me is what I feared. This game, as I've been saying all season was the measuring stick. So far the Patriots the last 2 years have a good W-L against **** teams and a weak W-L against good teams. WTF is up with this?

Why can this team no longer beat the good teams? why do they continue to blow big games in closing situatiosn? This team in the early 00's was smart, clutch. Now they just fold like nobody's ever time it counts, every season since 04. They continue to pile up good stats against inferior competition and lose to the good teams.

It seems like every loss like this, we analyze it to death and focus on all the little things that could have changed the out come. My question is, how long is this going to continue? Has the magic faded or what? This team continues to blow leads in the 4th quarter. I hate to say it but we are officially the 01-04 Colts/Eagles. Beat the scrubs, pad the stats, fold when it counts whenever it counts.

shoot me, tell me I'm over reacting. Look at their record against teams well over .500 the last 4 years. See how many blown 4th qtr leads they've had. When will they get it right? Or are we just going to shake our heads and admit this team just doesn't have "it" like it used to.

Belichick gave his proverbial "2 Weeks Notice" with that decision. No defense, no run game and a Coach who violates the cardinal rules of football. The Belichick Superbowl era is OVER.

I'm glad you'll be sharing your lunacy in this thread and no other.

i am sure BB outcoaches himself against indy nowadays.Even last yr with cassel he did something with timeouts and today too.

I dont even know what to say.
I know what to say they should be embarassed in losing this game. They had so many chances to put it away but kept giving manning the ball back. When we went three and out with 2:40 to go i knew it was over. I'm just glad i'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks and not have to listen to the fall out.

kill maroney :(

they get 3 there instead of a fumble............they win but noooo FUMBLE

I'm ready to

the loss was the teams fault but he had the chance to put this game away

Dont blame the refs its disheartening to see actually. The team blew it with redzone turnovers and at the end with the wasted TOs and the 4th and 2 which was way to bold when you are against Manning. Dunno what Beli was thinking with that. Anyway giving up 17 points in nearly 10 minutes cannot be blamed on the officials. The entire team fell flat on their collective faces.

The team would not have fallen on its face were it not for the ref-delivered TD on that drive.

Silver lining fellow Pats fans...we get to absolutely MURDER the Sancheese Jumping Bean, Big Mouth Bart and Wrecks Cryan next week...I WILL be there

Do yo think the team will recover??? We wont know till next week..

Oh stop being a drama Queen... It's not like we got outplayed for 4 quarters, no Maroney fumble at the 1 and this game is ours. BB screwed the pooch today but to say it's all over is just plain stupid.

Special teams did everything it was supposed to do. If either the O or D had made one more play/one fewer mistake somewhere along the line, the Pats probably win.

Again the refs did not lose the game, anyone who says it does not know football.. But it does go to show

The Pats have no faith in Maroney or the Defense... Which is why we can more than likley talk draft in a few weeks... We will make the playoffs, but this is not a super bowl team..

Exactly. Some people will say bull****, and they'll point to next week when/if we beat the weak Jets. But this team just cannot handle the big boys. I agree. The division is ours, but this is a 2nd round AFC title game tops team.

This was the game our D could prove themselves and they failed all the way.

Genuinely felt sick after that. Still do. Going to take a while to get over that one.

Didn't like the decision to go for it but I'm not going to slaughter BB over it. Plenty of other contributing factors to us throwing that away that are the longer-term concerns (awful offensive play-calling at times for one, and yes, not going to pin this on the officials but the PI call on Butler was a joke).

Brutal brutal loss. Can only hope the frustration and anger the players must be feeling is unleashed on the Jets next week and we get a chance to face Indy again in January.

brady coudlve sneaked twice on 3rd and 2 and 4th and2 for the first down...

I screamed at the TV before as I saw Brady go out for 4th and 2. I could not believe it. A boneheaded call to be sure. Belichick is almost always a genius. That call is was forces me to use the qualifier "almost".

That said, Pees defense was awful. That "prevent" crap NEVER works, and I'll never understand it. They had great pressure on Manning all night and it was working. Why tamper with the formula?

Getting beat by the Jets and Broncos was almost tolerable because the Pats just weren't playing well. This one really hurt because they were the better team for 56 minutes and left it out on the field. I haven't needed a shot of whiskey after a game ever (even the 06 AFCCG), but I needed one tonight.

There's really not much more to say than the Patriots continue to kill the Patriots.

1. Lack of crucial execution,
2. A complete lack of faith in the defense,
3. Play calling reliance on Tom Brady,
4. Tom Brady calling what appears to be to many audibles,
5. Abandoning the run when it was clearly working, and
5. Belichick continuing to over-think situations and over coach.

All of these things are readily fixable. Whether or not we do is another thing.

We had the Colts stone cold beaten motherless tonight. Stone cold motherless. I have no idea which patriots we are anymore, the one's who thrive on pressure and performing when it matters most against quality opposition or a finesse team who beats up on nancy boy teams.

I'm gutted with that result... especially now that it leads to Manning's star rising to another stratosphere. My hat is off to him. There is no way he should have won tonight.

Ah well, end rant bring on the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back