PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Colts Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense doesn't suck.

With Manning you know you are always going to get a high scoring game.

We still have red zone problems. We had a few chances to do it, but didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Pa Patriot
Please stop before you shoot all your crediablity down the drain... The refs are not the cause , for the first time in a long time , the coaching decisions are in question...

How do you know that?

Did you know that the ref that called "bobble" was in BACK of Faulk?? How the **** does he see through Faulk's back?

What coaching decisions, going for it on 4th and 2 was the right percentage call. Both teams made mistakes but the refs cannot blow a call with the game on the line.

What coaching decisions, going for it on 4th and 2 was the right percentage call.

And how does the Colts D look, do they look like a super bowl team, do you think the Colts are a super bowl team after that defensive performance?

The super bowl is up for grabs and we can take it.

Re: End of an Era

Belichick gave his proverbial "2 Weeks Notice" with that decision. No defense, no run game and a Coach who violates the cardinal rules of football. The Belichick Superbowl era is OVER.

Rab - You've been demoted to 5th string jock strap washer with these comments. Seriously.

No Defense? You mean the defense that picked Manning twice and held Dallas Clark in check all game? The defense that got screwed AGAIN by a BS call by the official on the Pass Interference on Butler?

Seriously.. you must be drunk or something.

Please that is enough , no more debate on this.. Was it a first down?? it could have been, but Maroney fumble, Brady int in the red zone led to the stupid decision, not to mention Belichick's lack of faith on defense, and I think we could say the first round bust in Maroney..

Then why are you bringing up Maroney? That's an even worse debate and will just start a raging thread that goes on for 200 pages.

I am convinced that we are the best team in the league. We just need to get that clutchness back.
I'm not. We haven't been clutch for a few years.

This one hurt. I think the D was playing great until they went into prevent.

One thing they can take into a rematch: bad decisions and a fumble aside, they dominated on the field. The comeback was only due to terrible game management.

Nah, I'm not buying that. The D made mistakes but for long periods of the game they did well - what was it, 6 punts for the Colts in the first half? They were gassed at the end, in large part due to the offense not being able to keep them off the field. The D's getting there.

They did the same thing in 06, and that D was going nowhere. This defense is lacking one thing, and that's a pass rusher that gets it done. The second they get that they could possibly be the best in the NFL. But until they do they will continue to give up the big passes in big situations.

Say what you will, but blowing 17 points is blowing 17 points.

I'm not sold on a defense that has had sucess against the Bills (terrible) titans (terrible) Bucs (terrible) OK against the Ravnens (mediocre club) good against the Falcons (decent team)

How could you be sold when they haven't stopped anybody who mattered when it mattered? They continue to falter against good QBs.

The defense doesn't suck.

With Manning you know you are always going to get a high scoring game.

We still have red zone problems. We had a few chances to do it, but didn't.

If they're a good, capable defense show me the good opponents they have shut down.

-My prediction of the Colts getting blown out was looking pretty good until the Pats offense and defense did everything they could to get the Colts back into the game.

- It's becoming way too obvious when Maroney is in the game. It's either going to him on a hand-off, or it's a play action. Either defenders stuff him or they get beat for big pass play.

- The Pats should look into investing in a legit FB, it just might help the running game.

- Vollmer looked good for the most part, but couldn't block Freeney when it mattered most. However, this all could've been avoided had Maroney held onto the ball and Brady not throwing such a dumb interception. In the end, Vollmer looks like a keeper.

- Why can't the Pats match up with the Colts defensively? You have teams like the 9ers and the Texans hold them to 20 or less points but the Pats defense can't hold them down for a full game.

- If you plan to play the "Big Nickel" the entire game, you better keep scoring.

- Did I mention this game should've been a blow out?

- Another game where the Pats score 34 points and still lose to the Colts.

- Anybody remember 2006? The injuries on the DL really killed the Pats. Thomas and Burgess started off well, but were clearly gassed at the end of the game.

- Second consecutive game where the Pats score 34 points and still lose to the Colts.

- Why do the Pats have to keep throwing when it's 1st and goal at the 10 yard line?

- Jonathan Wilhite really sucks.

- Why wasn't Raheem Brock called for a penalty like Chung was last week?

- That PIT on Butler was ridiculous!

- I really hope they abandon this stupid "Big Nickel" when they're fully healthy.

- Warren and Green better get their a**es back on the field.

- The Pats need a pass rusher in the worst way.

- The Seymour trade looks terrible right now. Could've used that extra D-lineman.

- I agreed with BB's 4 and 2 call because their defense wasn't going to stop the Colts offense.

- This loss is pretty pathetic but it didn't lose them the super bowl.

- With another AFC loss, the Pats pretty much lost home field throughout the playoffs.

- The Colts are the Pats kryptonite.

Last edited:
Then why are you bringing up Maroney? That's an even worse debate and will just start a raging thread that goes on for 200 pages.

Belief in Maroney and they run the ball in certain situations, would not be in that situation where you have to make that decsion.. the team and this coach does not believe in him..

I'm not. We haven't been clutch for a few years.

We just dominated the second best team at their place for 55 mins. All of our losses have been the same. We've pissed away three games.

I agree with you though that we haven't been very clutch the past few years. That's exactly our problem.

I know this might sound over the top, but I think a part of me died tonight.

Going to bed, but bottom line for me is

1 This is probably the worst coaching job of Belichick's carrer

2 But he has no faith in the running game or defense...

3 We dominate 2 of our 3 loses, and we are going to be suffering from this loss for quite some time..

We just dominated the second best team at their place for 55 mins. All of our losses have been the same. We've pissed away three games.

I agree with you though that we haven't been very clutch the past few years. That's exactly our problem.

Until they figure out what it is they need to get back to the next level, if they ever do, they will continue to blow games like this. They will continue to beat the Bucs, Dolphins, etc. to make us think they're capable. But ntil they figure out what ever it is they're lacking, they'll fold when it matters.

It's said to say but to me this game feels like it just shows the change in the Patriots. At this point they've been choking in so many situations in so many big games against so many good opponents it's getting old talking about this or that that could've happend to change the game. It's starting to appear like they're just choke artists.

What is missing is a running back that you can trust to line up in a regular (not shotgun formation) and ram it for two yards. Imagine the Patriots with a two-touchdown lead handing off to a pissed off Larry Johnson.

This team should be able to finish off opponents and right now it cannot because the power running game is non-existant.

What is missing is a running back that you can trust to line up in a regular (not shotgun formation) and ram it for two yards. Imagine the Patriots with a two-touchdown lead handing off to a pissed off Larry Johnson.

This team should be able to finish off opponents and right now it cannot because the power running game is non-existant.

They didn't make a strong commitment to it tonight.

Don't blame the reffs we gave the game away, multiple times.

this is true...it wasnt so much that 4th down call as the two lost opportunities to get atleast a field goal when the Pats were inside the 20s that cost us the game

2 But he has no faith in the running game or defense...

Do you really think he had no faith in the D?

BB felt, whether rightly or wrongly, that the offense could get two yards in that situation. It's not a question of faith, or lack of faith, in the D.

Wow, some of you need to go to bed and get some sleep, talk about overracting, we have a great coach with the BALLS and smarts to go fot it there and because it fails half of you are ready to jump off the Tobin Bridge or throw BB of the bridge.
We go back there we will win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back