PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Patriots vs. Titans Post Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hats off to Joey Iosefa. Kid just brought it today. Loved his running and bulldozing people. There were a few runs it looked like he got stood up and when the play was over, he'd still gained 4-5 yards.

Hightower seemed to have made it out unscathed, though he left the game early.
Chung was walking around the locker-room and also seems to be unscathed..

Amendola looked like he tweaked his hamstring. Give him rest.

LaFell was gimpy, but I haven't seen anything on him yet..

The O-line really needs to come together. Vollmer needs to step it up and lead these guys as the veteran on the line.

The play-calling by McDaniels left a lot to be desired. Switching off of Iosefa to go with Bolden when Iosefa had just run it successfully instead of going to the play-action pass or another run by Iosefa made no sense. They had too many WR screens today. They went away from what was working, for whatever reason, and then seemed to be out of sync the rest of the game.

Thanks to @vuudu for providing the picture that clearly showed that Martin was within 1 yard of the LOS when there was contact between him and the defender. That OPI should have been picked up based on the rules.

I haven't noticed who has been wearing the green dot on defense the last few weeks. Other than it wasn't Collins last week. Anyone see who it was?

Based on the post game comments, Gronk's play was affected by the death of his friend..

Hightower seemed to have made it out unscathed, though he left the game early.
Chung was walking around the locker-room and also seems to be unscathed..

Amendola looked like he tweaked his hamstring. Give him rest.

LaFell was gimpy, but I haven't seen anything on him yet..

Who and where are you getting this information from?

LaFell was in the game for the last offensive series.
To those with keen eye. Why did we stop blitzing when Mariota went out? Afraid Mettenberger will rip a long run?

I'm looking forward to the snap counts cause I didn't see Cleveland on the field much at all.. Maybe I just missed him.

I honestly felt that Iosefa was the best runner today. Bolden had 10 for 36 yards. 5 of his rushes accounted for 39 yards. The other 5 accounted for -3 yards.

Iosefa had 14 carries for 51 yards. About the same YPC, but he only had 3 carries that got 1 yard or less.

It is about perception. And the perception is that Iosefa just was more consistent.. Kind of like BJGE was back several years ago..

EDIT: OH.. The call on Leonard Johnson was ridiculous as well. Harry Douglas fell down trying to duck underneath Johnson's arms and they call Johnson for a hold??? smh..

Last edited:
One step closer to hfa. Just hoping we made it out ok injury wise.

One step closer to hfa. Just hoping we made it out ok injury wise.
Patriots aren't getting any help this week.. Denver and Cincy both winning right now..

Patriots aren't getting any help this week.. Denver and Cincy both winning right now..

Yup. Starting to look like both of the games left are must wins for us.

I just got home from the game and i don't remember seeing hightower out there at all

Lafell seems to be hurt and lucky Chungs doesn't sound serious

Last edited:
We need one win to secure a bye and that's all i care for. Those two weeks of rest are paramount if we intent to win it again.

Home advantage in the AFCCG is important but if we're healthy, we can beat anyone, anywhere.

My UPs and DOWNS:

UP:

Akiem Hicks - Is he doing well because he's in a contract year or have things finally clicked for him? Whatever the reason, his play has really stepped up with Easley going down. A sack and a fumble recover and a TD. Very Nice. That being said, each awesome play he makes leads me to believe that he'll be gone next year..

Chandler Jones - 2 more sacks. One a strip of Mariota to allow Hicks to grab it for the TD. People point out that Jones has been silent the last 4 weeks, but they overlook that he's drawn double teams on almost every play during that time because the Pats were without Hightower and Collins.

Joey Iosefa - I like the consistency with how this kid ran the ball. Only 3 of his carries (out of 14) failed to gain more than 1 yard. Would have liked to see him get more snaps and some in the receiving game, but that's just personal preference.

James White - This kid rocked it today. Would have had a huge gain if the refs didn't blow the call on Martin.

Jamie Collins - Collins was back to being in his beast mode. Had a sack. Had a long interception. played well all game long.

DOWN:
Pats O-line - You'd think that they'd have better consistency than they have since all the players on the line have been getting snaps due to all the injuries so far this year. They came out strong and then become inconsistent for the rest of the game. There were times they were able to block for 3-5 seconds, but not consistently enough.

Logan Ryan - Dorial Green-Beckham beat him several times today, despite having help. He's been rather good until now, so can't be too hard on him.

Jordan Richards - Had one bad play where he couldn't bring down Delanie Walker on the long TD. Of course, some people ignore that Chung and Bostic failed to bring him down earlier on that same play.

This is what it has come to with this team....they're so dominant, can go 11-5 sleepwalking through the schedule, that the media engages in injury/playing time second guessing post game...:rolleyes:

They should be able to take care of the jets and Dolphins
With the injuries we have, and with the division locked up, I can't see us beating a relatively healthy Jet's team in NJ. I know the Pats are playing for HFA, but the Jets will be more desperate than the Pats. Just don't feel good about that game, I see them getting after Brady a lot, our Oline is such a weak point. Nothing would be sweeter than beating the Jets in front of their fans, some of those knuckleheads are talking Super Bowl and to hurt their playoff chances would be sweet. Just don't know if our Pats can do it.

Also if Pittsburgh loses today, and I think they will, the Jets control their own destiny. This is the best Jet's team we faced in years, they will be foaming at the mouth and the fans will be going berserk, biggest game for them in years. Just don't feel good about this one. Hell even when they stunk, we barely beat them when we had a full healthy staff the last year. Just not a good matchup for a severely wounded Pat's team. I hope and pray I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents