PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots UDFA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that these players are competing for Practice Squad spots. Belichick is not going to start the season with THREE rookie receivers. We already have TWO in Dobson and Boyce. We will carry Amendola, Edelman and maybe one more with some experience (we have Jones, Jenkins and Ebert). So, I don't think the UDFA wideouts are going to make the 53.

He might prefer veterans, but I think he prefers better players.

Had Moe run in the 4.4-4.5 range he probably would've been drafted in the round 4-7 range if not higher.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ultimately makes the opening day roster. Great UDFA signing by the Patriots.

TJ Moe was rated 3rd or 4th round pick by Pro Football Weekly, love this pickup. Had a great combine as well.

uh no.. Ken walter happens when you take that approach

Care to point out the last time a team carried two punters? There's obviously some downside to plugging in new ones as you go, but there's a reason why nobody keeps 2, and it's because the value of it doesn't warrant a roster spot.

TJ Moe was rated 3rd or 4th round pick by Pro Football Weekly, love this pickup. Had a great combine as well.

Agreed. Anytime you can get a player as an UDFA who has any business being on the field in the NFL, it's a good signing. It's worth it if he can even be competitive as camp fodder. I doubt he makes the team, but we need all the competition we can get at WR

He might prefer veterans, but I think he prefers better players.

Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that he's already a better WR than Edelman. Still doubt he'll make the team, though, because Edelman will stick even if it's solely as a PR. Versatility wins you a roster spot with the Pats.

Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if it turns out that he's already a better WR than Edelman. Still doubt he'll make the team, though, because Edelman will stick even if it's solely as a PR. Versatility wins you a roster spot with the Pats.

I'm not BB, but I would be OK with Amendola, Edelperson, Moe, Dobson, Boyce.

BTW: am I correct that the Patriots still have just three QBs on the payroll (Brady, Mallett, Kafka)?

BTW: am I correct that the Patriots still have just three QBs on the payroll (Brady, Mallett, Kafka)?

no..they just added Sanchez...with the Jets paying all 13 million of his contract...he'll be the practice QB for our new rookie receivers to sharpen their skills at catching nearly uncatchable passes...and ,of course, to be there as team foot massager after games and practices...
a038.gif

Combine

40 - 4.74 10yd. - 1.57
Bench - 26
vertical - 36
Broad - 10.0
Cone - 6.53
Shuttle - 3.96

Bench + Vertical + BJ = 72.0

Very Athletic, except long speed, short speed is okay. Not great production (except when Gabbert was QB). Slot guy.

Best 3 cone, 20 yd shuttle, 60 yd shuttle and bench of any WR at combine. 9 7/8" hands. Improved his 40 yd time to 4.6 range at Mizzu Pro Day.

Hilarious....i was just looking at available UDFAs and thinking that TJ Moe might be a good fit. Come here and see we already picked him up.

Re: Slot Receiver TJ Moe of Missouri Signs with Patriots

I loves me some ankle-breakers. He'll make the team.

Re: Slot Receiver TJ Moe of Missouri Signs with Patriots

Not the fastest guy on earth, but a good add-on.

I was hoping that the Patriot would sign Mike Golic C/G from ND. It would have been fun to see his dads reaction on Mike & Mike.

Last edited:

I think that as we've seen around Thanksgiving last year before he got hurt that Julian Edelman was, has and is developed into a top flight weapon in the NFL. Just with the ball in his hands, you never know whats going to happen. I think him staying healthy an entire season after coming off hot will surprise a lot of people so no.

I know everyone is excited about the skill players, but its more likely that a kid like Cherington who has the size and played in the SEC will make the team. Its, like always, an interesting group. However if history tells us anything, at least one of these guys will make the final 53, and a couple more will make the PS. Still I would have been thrilled if we had been able to sign the British discus thrower. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft