PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patrick Cobbs makes the team thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Patrick has had a great pre-season thus far and Patrick Pass should be a little worried to make the roster. I hope this guy makes the team.

I'd be shocked if he got cut. In fact I expect him to get the bulk of the play next week also. You have to feel good for the guy. He never came to camp with the "woe is me, nobody drafted me" attitude, instead he came into camp very positive that he is a good back.

scott99 said:
I'd be shocked if he got cut. In fact I expect him to get the bulk of the play next week also. You have to feel good for the guy. He never came to camp with the "woe is me, nobody drafted me" attitude, instead he came into camp very positive that he is a good back.

What he said.

I dont want to see this kid in a Colts uniform so keep him. He could problably be better than Rhodes and Addai, LOL.

He plays hard and makes positive yards. He also seems pretty tough. I hope he makes the team. There are going to be some tough cuts this year.

Dillon, Faulk and Maroney are running the ball
Faulk and Maroney are returning the ball
They are going nowhere
---------------------------------
And then there is the blocking backs Evans and Mills (also #4 TE)
--------------------------------------------
What exactly will Cobbs do on the team, other than be inactive and hope someone gets injured?

I dunno. Keep him away from any rivals. He could be a really good player. Cut Pass?

Pass isn't making the team unless he beats out Evans as the fullback.

Kdo5 said:
I dunno. Keep him away from any rivals. He could be a really good player. Cut Pass?

Does Cobb's success speak to the development of the O line? Just about every back is putting up numbers. This guy would be hailed as the second coming and have a starting job if he were playing for denver. If he is productive on special teams I think you have to find a way to keep this player.

Last edited by a moderator:
we made a mistake last year with Eckels

Let's not repeat it this year with Cobbs.

Pass-you can't make the team from the trainers room.

Evans - good guy, steady performer, but Cobbs has much more of an upside. Beisdes, isn't Mills really slotted as a FB/TE? This would seem to eliminate Evans.

"waiting for someone to get hurt.." well, last year Dillon was hurt most of the year as was Faulk. Cobbs is young, runs hard and by making the team it would reinforce what BB says about judging players by their play. He's earned a roster spot in my mind.

Last year we did let a good RB get away by cutting him and thinking we could get him on the practice squad. Eckels would probably have helped during the Dillon and Faulk injuries. Instead he went with Miami and now is in limbo because of his military status.

Lets keep Cobbs. He's earned it.

mgteich said:
They are going nowhere
And then there is the blocking backs Evans and Mills (also #4 TE)
What exactly will Cobbs do on the team, other than be inactive and hope someone gets injured?

what thread are you reading? what does this have to do with this thread?
nobody said anything even close to this.

mgteich said:

He is a good runner and adds another recieving option to help take the strain off the thin WR corps. Dillon and Faulk are on the older side so they're likelihood of injury is higher. Last year it would have been nice to have this Cobbs guy on the team.

Digger44 said:
what thread are you reading? what does this have to do with this thread?
nobody said anything even close to this.

Um...those are the reasons why Cobbs will/should not make the team.

mgteich said:
Pass isn't making the team unless he beats out Evans as the fullback.

Pass will be PUPPed and will replace Heath "1.9 yards per attempt" Evans. Pass will then resume his solid and improving running and stellar special teams work while BB thanks Evans for all his hard work.

And all the posters who point to Pass' ONE infamous play last year will continue to try to define his career by it.

zippo59 said:
Um...those are the reasons why Cobbs will/should not make the team.

um those reasons suck, and have no bearing on the work cobbs has done. bb rewards effort and talent. this guy has worked his butt off to get here. he can have klecko's spot. give cobbs some credit.

shmessy said:
Pass will be PUPPed and will replace Heath "1.9 yards per attempt" Evans. Pass will then resume his solid and improving running and stellar special teams work while BB thanks Evans for all his hard work.

And all the posters who point to Pass' ONE infamous play last year will continue to try to define his career by it.
lol. Dropping the ball and grabbing his leg. It was stupid by him but I'll forget about it as we still won the game(barely).

Sign me up. The guy is good. Wasn't he injured in college? He's healthy now.

Re: we made a mistake last year with Eckels

old 55 said:
Evans - good guy, steady performer, but Cobbs has much more of an upside. Beisdes, isn't Mills really slotted as a FB/TE? This would seem to eliminate Evans.
Thats the point. Mills plays FB/TE. That means Evans is out and Cobbs is in.

Digger44 said:
um those reasons suck, and have no bearing on the work cobbs has done. bb rewards effort and talent. this guy has worked his butt off to get here. he can have klecko's spot. give cobbs some credit.

First off, I agree that Cobbs will make the team.

Secondly, you asked how listing reasons of why there isn't a spot for him on the team has anything to do with whether or not he makes the team. Regardless of whether you agree with the given reasons, the idea is completely relevant to this thread and discussion.

mgteich said:
They are going nowhere Check.
And then there is the blocking backs Evans and Mills (also #4 TE) just say no to drugs - see below.
What exactly will Cobbs do on the team, other than be inactive and hope someone gets injured?Besides special teams, learn how to pick-up blitzs like Faulk, get in some cross-training at WR, who knows, the kid is good and has worked hard to be considered for the final roster.
Okay, to elaborate on the say no to drugs - Evans can't block to save his life, nothing I've seen from him in this preseason indicates he has improved his blocking from last year's horrors. Mills is a college receiving TE who has thrown a couple decent blocks against the third stringers of Atlanta and Arizona, and missed a couple, hardly a strong recommendation for his lead blocking skills.

Cobbs has actually been surprisingly good on blitz pick-ups so far. Granted they're also third string, but for a little guy who was a feature back in college, he puts his nose in and has done a good job. Read that as trainable.

Cobbs may not make the roster as BB tries to figure where he'll need the most depth, but the kid has stood out as a play maker who "consistently" gets the job done. That's righteous, since TheHives started this thread, it might even be tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back