PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL: Norv Turner named new Chargers head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norv Turner is a reasonable long term choice (i.e., greater than 1 year,) because of his reputation for developing young quarterbacks. "Screech" Rivers is precisely that. Hey by the way, can Shottenheimer coach receivers?

I kid because I love.

PFnV

Norv is likely a stop gap, as he would have been in Dallas. It will be interesting to see if AJ gets the axe after the draft or is given a year with Norv and an all new blended or cobbled together staff to see if he can play well with others and Marty was the whole problem. Norv was prepared to butt heads with Jerry Jones at the expense of landing that job, so I doubt AJ will scare him.
AJ Smith is one of the better GM's, in my opinion, it would be a mistake to let him go so soon after letting Marty go.

How old is Reeves, about a hundred? :p

NO. He just had a birthday the other day he's only 80......oh no......oh yeah......that was Marv Levy.:D

Last edited:
I wonder what the Vegas oddsmakers do with this move? :)

Christmas comes early for the rest of the AFC I think. The only way I see this as a fit at all is that Norv does like to pound the ball. I can guarantee you that LT would have had more touches in the 2nd half against the Pats than Marty gave him.

But overall...I couldn't be happier than if I hired the Chargers coach myself...unless I could talk Art Shell or Dave Campo into it.

since i haven't understood much that the chargers have done in the last ten days, why should i expect to understand this. bottom line is that this is good news for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News