PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Niners @ Pats postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP should have been sealed up tonight

and it's brady with his fight at the end of the game and putting them back in the game to almost win

Re: The Official Patriots vs 49'ers POST game thread

Against the best defense in the league and one of the top 3 teams in the league we:

- Were missing our top offensive threat not named Brady
- Lost one of our top 2 corners for half of the game
- Missed out on a number of fumble recovery opportunities
- Had every fluke play go the other team's way
- Were down by 31 points

And we tied the game. The special teams and defensive failure that lead to the next score absolutely took the wind out of our sails as did the repeated flags on special teams that kept setting us back 5 years.

But I look at a game like this and say this is a game we can build on in a lot of ways positively. A win would have been better. Playing mistake free football and dominating them would have been better. But I look at this loss and I see a lot of things that show how much heart this team had.

Look at how other teams laid down when things started going against them. A lot of things just didn't go our way, that 14 points after the half were killer and off of turnovers. But we kept fighting.

We fix the mistakes, we get and stay healthy and we'll see this team again in the SB and it won't be the same game.

Last edited:
As a 49ers fan, I felt pretty confident going into the second half, but even up by 28 points, I knew that Brady was good enough to come back and win, especially with key 49ers defensive players leaving the game.

This game pretty much went how I expected it to. The Patriots have a powerhouse offense, a weak defense, and the game ended up being decided by one score. I didn't expect the 49ers to run up so many unanswered points so quickly, or for the Patriots to come back just as quickly, but at the end of the game, it was pretty much what I expected, although maybe with twice the points on the board.

Hopefully everyone who got hurt today will be healthy by playoff times and if these two teams keep playing like they are now, there will probably be a rematch of this game in New Orleans.

My thought is that the league needs to look at the niners DT's holding the opposing OG everytime they run a twist...That seemed to be the majority of the time that they would get pressure in Brady's face is because they would hook/hold our guards so they couldn't move to block them...Now I am a referee, albeit high school, but still they can't allow this to keep happening or otherwise there is no stopping them....Plus the fact that it is blatantly obvious when they do it.....

Ok now that rant is over....I thought the pats looked in a fog the first half...The second half Brady was putting receivers in motion and reading the niners defense allowing him to dissect them.....We were not ready and turned the damn ball over way to much....We usually play better than other teams in the weather but it bit us in the ass tonight as the ball looked like a hot potato....Give us a healthy team WITH GRONK and I would love our chances in a rematch in the superdome.....

And hopefully Dennard and Spikes are ok as we don't need people missing a ton of time.....

Llolyd is everything i wished wes welker was................

brandon is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Don't hate on Arrington too much. He's a pretty good slot CB who was pressed into duty as the #2. In a game where plenty of starters didn't perform as well as they should have, there are better hate targets than a guy who's great at what he does and not great at what he had to do.

2. The Pats have a great chance here to rest a few players, most notably Spikes, but also Gronk and probably Dennard. With nothing to play for except the difference between the #3 and #4 seeds (assuming Denver wins both of their games and the Texans win one), the Pats have two full weeks to rest players that need rest.

3. Lost in the 4th down to Woodhead blame is that McDaniels obviously did something right at halftime.

4. If Brandon Lloyd is actually "out" and not just teasing us, then this offense is going to have two more legit weapons than it had for most of the season once Gronk gets back.

5. Talib gave up one big conversion, but he had a really good game.

Probably will have more. Definitely need to watch this second half again.

Last edited:
Teams just do not win games when they turn it over 4 times. Damn fine effort to overcome them and make it interesting.

i might be in the minority but i am proud of this team today. it is what it is. 31-3 at half, u aren't going to win alot of those games. I thought sf would put up 50.

I am proud on how they fought back, but this loss hurt. Losing the bye and probably needing to win at Houston and Denver will be a tough chore, but if we get Gronk back we can do it.

3 loses to the NFC West. Bet nobody saw that coming looking at our schedule before the season.

Last edited:
They got all the breaks, pretty much all the calls, we played absolutely dreadful, and we still made it close.

Good luck in the playoffs Niners, you'll need it.

Ridley and Vereen hit the pine, just like in the playoffs last year.....deja vous all over again

funny..one the 9ers after the game played the disrespect card...why is it that it's only the Patriots every team feels they need respect from??? penis envy or what?

Let the game be in Denver or Houston. With Gronk back this offense will carve whatever AFC team up.

I believe that was about 400 yards and 31 points on the #1 defense in the 2nd half, only losing by 7 after turning the ball over 4 times and the special teams having probably its worst game.

Also I still think there is an ever so slight chance Houston could lose their last two games. They gotta deal with Peterson next week. Dude is on a mission and is single handily carrying that team.

Oh and lloyd i think is finally getting it and on the same page as brady..good sign

Once again, Brady did the heavy lifting and the D let him down, although the kickoff coverage didn't help on the return following the tying score.

I don't believe that going for it in your own end zone with two time-outs and the 2:00 warning was the right call; I don't care what the stats say.

I know some are dubbing this as a "moral victory" or an "impressive comeback" but I don't care. They had the momentum and let it slip away.

would've been a great comeback if our special teams and d held on for that last touchdown. i really believe that ball grazed ted ginn and that there should've been a couple of PI's in the beginning but the patriots overcame a horrible first half where our receivers couldn't make a catch and our running backs couldn't hold on to the ball. maybe it was the rain but our defense took a step back tonight. if the patriots play again we will have gronk, it won't be raining, and i doubt we will turn the ball over as much as we did tonight.

We were out coached and weren't as physical.

maybe not as physical in the first half but certainly not in the 2nd.

coaching didn't make us throw INT's, or fumble the ball. we were not out coached.

Re: MVP should have been sealed up tonight

This will seem very insensitive but I don't really care about the MVP race right now and I'm pretty sure, neither does Brady.

I didn't realize it but Lloyd went for 190 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back