PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady Foot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Just saw a picture of Brady in N.Y with a cast boot on his foot.

Wrong planet .... it's EOSDELB!

I agree!

The State Department of Interplanetary Relations confirms this! Have you checked their latest list of woobly planets? ZCOTROB is high on the list!!!!

Re: Brady's Foot - what 2+2 = for me

People forget Peyton Manning suffered a hand injury during the AFCCG last year. He had no trouble withstanding the pain picking apart the Patriot defense in the 2nd half en route to an MVP performance in the Super Bowl.

Manning shot his load. He should have retired after that game. He'll never go back. ;)

Mo, it is obvious to me that there are some Pats fans who LOVE gossip & speculation. I mean, did you see the those who foolishly made phone calls last week to do their own investigating regarding the Moss story? What could these people have been thinking?

This is not a reality show here folks. The worst part of the under 30 generation is that they actually believe that the MTV (fake) & other reality shows reflected a way of life. They were just TV shows and had nothing to do with how anyone should live. As a matter of fact, they reflected how people should NOT live.

It is not ok for any of us to "try to get to the bottom" of these stories. Do what normal people do and WAIT for the facts to come out....gee, what a novel idea!
Well, whatever, I know we don't know (and I'm not under 30 either) but we can't just bury our heads in the sand and assume the normal Brady will show up in two weeks. If he's in a boot, something is wrong - hopefully it won't still be wrong on the big day but it might be and while it might be silly to speculate it's just as silly to ignore.

Re: Does Brady's injury change your mind about the extra week off?

It's long to wait when everyone is excited, but considering the foot issue 2 weeks sounds good to me...:D

Quite frankly, maybe one of the higher profile players in the league needs to use better judgement than spending his off day in the media capital of the world wearing a protective boot? If Tony Romo does this the media fries his ass to kingdom come.
That's the interesting thing about Brady, in press conferences/interviews he seems like such a homely young man but he clearly likes the model dating image too. I'm not being critical in any way, it's just an interesting personality he has.

Well, whatever, I know we don't know (and I'm not under 30 either) but we can't just bury our heads in the sand and assume the normal Brady will show up in two weeks. If he's in a boot, something is wrong - hopefully it won't still be wrong on the big day but it might be and while it might be silly to speculate it's just as silly to ignore.

Whether we do or don't speculate won't change a thing. The smart fans would just discuss "what if" scenario's rather than actually trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

The guy who quoted a source as saying pain killers were involved in how Brady looked during the game wasn't thinking too clearly. Anyone who knows anything about sports knows no quarterback would take pain killers DURING a game. He wouldn't be able to think right. They may shoot his foot with a novacane-type drug, but no pain killers:rolleyes:

Ah, you know, there’s always bumps and bruises. I’ll be ready for the Super Bowl,” Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury. “I’m not worried about that. I’m not missing this one. I’d have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It’s nothing serious.

No worries.

Has everyone forgotten that Brady played half a season with a sports hernia and started a Super Bowl with a bum ankle? He's tough, he'll play, he'll be fine. Some on here really know how to work themselves into a panic.

NOOOooo!!! Really Angelaf? You're kidding! I haven't read one person who has panicked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whether we do or don't speculate won't change a thing. The smart fans would just discuss "what if" scenario's rather than actually trying to figure out what's wrong with him.
OK, I guess I'm not as smart as you. I'll go back and read your posts and try to learn something :bricks:

Quite frankly, maybe one of the higher profile players in the league needs to use better judgement than spending his off day in the media capital of the world wearing a protective boot? If Tony Romo does this the media fries his ass to kingdom come.

Maybe, just maybe, it's all part of the master plan!:D

With Dr Hoodie, you never know! heeheehee:D

It is not ok for any of us to "try to get to the bottom" of these stories. Do what normal people do and WAIT for the facts to come out....gee, what a novel idea!

While I agree with some of what you have said, here's one I disagree with. That's a very pre-Internet view of the world. The Internet has enabled people to be much more informed and to ask for the details of developing news. Sometimes the truth of a story gets much better developed through discussion and group ideas. It's not at all clear the Moss story would have developed the way it did had non-newspeople not been actively pursuing it.

As it was, had I depended on some of the local media for the Moss story last week I would have gotten a wrong idea. The day after Reiss' email from Moss' lawyer, Channel 4 news was still citing the woman's lawyer's statement as the latest on the story.

What is your point? That Tony Romo is not Tom Brady and so Brady gets the benefit of the doubt that Romo doesn't? If so, wow, insightful.

And if Brady had stayed in Boston, I assume anytime he ventured out he would still be wearing this boot. He gets photographed when he's in Boston too.

Brady with the hoodie and sunglasses "Unabomber" look ... I like it.

Re: TMZ.com has Brady Scoop

If he's walking then I'm not worried. Boots like that mean toes or medatarsels (sp?) in most cases which really wouldn't impact whether or not Brady would play anyway. Even if it's a big toe, he'll have time to heal, get shot up with pain killers, and play. It's most likely precautionary especially since he's walking around, but no worries here.

seriously if it was broken or anythig broken he's have crutches and wouldn't be walking on it

such a girl man BB fan.... you've been a girl man for weeks with your worrying and your worrying is turning into a sel fulfilling prophecy

While I agree with some of what you have said, here's one I disagree with. That's a very pre-Internet view of the world. The Internet has enabled people to be much more informed and to ask for the details of developing news. Sometimes the truth of a story gets much better developed through discussion and group ideas. It's not at all clear the Moss story would have developed the way it did had non-newspeople not been actively pursuing it.

As it was, had I depended on some of the local media for the Moss story last week I would have gotten a wrong idea. The day after Reiss' email from Moss' lawyer, Channel 4 news was still citing the woman's lawyer's statement as the latest on the story.

You make a valid point here. but at the same time, this story would not have spread the way it did without the internet. It's a catch-22. I'd love for one person to give me one good solid reason why anyone should speculate on the Brady story. Explain what good it can do.

The only answer is it makes for good gossip.

OK, I guess I'm not as smart as you. I'll go back and read your posts and try to learn something :bricks:

Nice tactic! You don't have an intelligent reply, so you get facetious. I've used that one before;)

Well I'm not a 16 year old girl but he obviously has something and likely had it early or before the game based on his play - we all wondered why he was below average (for him).

FYI...brady played worse in last year's playoff game vs. the Chargers. Look it up!

Then your premise is that it's a GOOD thing he's created a stir that could have been avoided? And don't give me the bullcrap that the Patriots want distractions, lol, I'm sure Bill Belichick is just absolutely thrilled the Giants now can target his right foot in any hits or sacks Brady takes in the Super Bowl.

Who said it was a good thing? Your point was that somehow, in going to the "media capital of the world" Brady walked right into the photog's hands, when even if he had stayed in Boston someone would have snapped him with the boot on. You tried to, clumsily, compare his judgment with Romo in regards to going to Cabo with Jessica Simpson.

And that's great, now the Giants will be aiming for his foot instead of what exactly, his knees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST