PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 3

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those frothing at the mouth in a rush to sign FA's, you never know when good players will sign with you. IIRC, didn't we sign 2 DE's around 2010ish who managed 20 sacks between them in June. I can't remember the names off hand, But you never know who is going to be impactful and who isn't.

We dumped a LOT of money in FA and had VERY mixed results back in 21. Meanwhile ESPN and others produce meaningless lists about who "won" FA and who failed even when official FA starts today. :rolleyes:

Andre Carter and Mark Anderson.

I would love 2 good WRs added today.

I hope Macadoo has watched so much Film of the QBs In this draft he memorizes it.

C'mon 50 as bad as Fields is according to most it's not Mac Jones we are talking about here Fields is inconsistent but not Broken: Huge difference.

32 NFL GMs disagree with you. Otherwise Fields would be traded already. But what do the professional GMs know about football players?

Hopefully today we see movement on Calvin Ridley, Tyron Smith and Jonah Williams. We will probably also see some shoes drop on players who are trade/cut candidates for teams with cap issues - namely, the Chargers and Keenan Allen/Mike Williams/Joey Bosa.
I bet the Pats best chance at a big splash is one of the Charger’s guys. I’m not sure they would have brought back both Uche and Jennings if they were bringing in a very expensive edge like Mack or Bosa.

My prediction is either Mike Williams or Keenan Allen is traded to the Pats for 5th rounder today.

Can we expect any WR to be made available today i.e. one or two talking heads mentioning Brandon Aiyuk. Personally I'd be up for 34 for Tee Higgins. Don't see it as we can't seem to attract flies, but you can dream.
So, you're going to pray that they can sign Tyron Smith and that he stays healthy for more than 8 games?

No way I trade for any of the WR until I see how the draft plays out.

Can we expect any WR to be made available today i.e. one or two talking heads mentioning Brandon Aiyuk. Personally I'd be up for 34 for Tee Higgins. Don't see it as we can't seem to attract flies, but you can dream.

It's likely unless the Chargers magically got 2 of Mack, Allen and Williams to sign extensions.

I bet the Pats best chance at a big splash is one of the Charger’s guys. I’m not sure they would have brought back both Uche and Jennings if they were bringing in a very expensive edge like Mack or Bosa.

My prediction is either Mike Williams or Keenan Allen is traded to the Pats for 5th rounder today.

I would prefer one of those 2 on a 1-2 year rental than committing long term to someone like ridley or Hollywood brown. This allows us to continue building primarily through the draft and still keeping the future cap space.

Maybe even try the same at ot or smith on a 2 year deal.

Mike Williams is fine no to the older Allen wish we Drafted Allen instead of discount double catch Aaron Dropson many moons ago.

You're assuming that WILLIAMS is who is going to be cut.

Calvin Ridley on potential return to the Jags: “I learned these guys, built relationships with them. I don’t really care to learn other people and plays and all that other stuff right now.”

That doesn't sound much like a guy I want on the Patriots.

You're assuming that WILLIAMS is who is going to be cut.
Yes GIF by Brittany Broski

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore