PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted him gone but I thought the Pats would be able to get a 6th or 7th for him.

Him getting an extension because he showed up well in practice and never said anything negative to the media is extremely frustrating.
Thanks Bill.

Because they aren’t going to spend nearly the amount this off-season we assumed they would. Gonna eat those two contracts with all the caption this year it’s easy, Draft WRs in rd 2 and 4 and that’s the WR room. Packers formula.
Huh? Parker gains them 143K on cap space so if they had kept him, they would have less to spend?

JujU is a different story if cut pre-June 1 but it's -1.9 million, and so far they have not indicated they are cutting him. If they do it post 6/1 or trade him they gain $.

Cutting them could save money on cap vs keeping them, so not sure I see the correlation on less spending if they cut them both?

sounds like the "we will release you Wednesday" announcement is an attempt to have someone pony up a 7th rounder over the next couple of days.

Huh? Parker gains them 143K on cap space so if they had kept him, they would have less to spend?

JujU is a different story if cut pre-June 1 but it's -1.9 million, and so far they have not indicated they are cutting him. If they do it post 6/1 or trade him they gain $.

Cutting them could save money on cap vs keeping them, so not sure I see the correlation on less spending if they cut them both?
Yeah, you’re right when it comes to the cap. Guess it’s more so Krafts wallet eating 18 or whatever million for two players not on the roster. And then going to spend more.

Good. We don't need any dead wood. Would rather bite the bullet and eat whatever dead cap we need to.
dead wood sucks, but they make a pill for it. Just pricey.

So fare thee well Mr Parker. Your alligator arms and hands of stone will long be remembered.
Don't forget his lack of accountability and effort. Definitely addition by subtraction. I like to see the effort to heal the locker room as well as put more talent on the field.

Pats are finishing 4th in the division again next year, so no point spending big this offseason I guess? They have to at least sign a couple mid level deals to hit the cap floor, no?

Pats are finishing 4th in the division again next year, so no point spending big this offseason I guess? They have to at least sign a couple mid level deals to hit the cap floor, no?
4 hours.
dodgeball dodgeballshouldas GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents