PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

Trade Arizona/Oakland

Good pick for the Colts.

He'll start out as their #3 wr, but when Marvin decides to hang them up, could he move to the outside? Does he have those abilities?

If they didn't have so many holes on defense I would agree with you. Yes, they pulled the defense together during the playoffs, but their regular season defense was abismal and it got worse during the offseason. They could hve used a LB or CB far more.

It's going to be sweet when Frank Gore's knee explodes and we end up with a top 5 pick next year.

Comments like this show a lot of class on your part..

BB on ESPN.

damn..Berman and Belichick look a like lol

Branch is alleged to have stress fractures in his legs. From being so large I guess.

Pats need a lot of help...a ILB or two...a CB or two...another safety. A RB.

That's 6 picks and they have
1 3
2 4
1 5s
4 6
1 7

If they didn't have so many holes on defense I would agree with you. Yes, they pulled the defense together during the playoffs, but their regular season defense was abismal and it got worse during the offseason. They could hve used a LB or CB far more.

I thought for sure they would have grabbed a CB after losing both starters, Houston was still available

I've never really understood that some drafts are so much better than others. Why? There are a huge number of kids playing every year...why would there be so much variability?

Anyway, any hope of drafting a contributing MLB is pretty much gone...maybe that is deliberate, the pats think that it's so complex that no draftee even a good one like Harris could figure it out. They'd rather get veterans.

I'm a little disappointed in the value they got for it too...why a #4 pick? They must have initiated it, it's almost like SF is doing NE a favor instead of vice versa.

You say that now but SanFran may have improved but they still aren't no powerhouse. As someone else posted that pick could be a top five if gore goes down.

The odds of next years 1st rounder being better than #28 are huge - 49ers have spent alot of money but they will struggle to get to 8-8.

So I think we have traded this years #28 for next years #15 and this years 4th rounder.

Good deal I say.

So, you think the equivalent of a Mid 2nd round pick and a mid 4th round pick should be more than enough to move to the #28 spot in the 1st round?

You do realize that the Cowboys moved from the 4th spot in the 2nd round to the 26th spot in the 1st round at a cost of a mid 3rd and mid 5th, right?

Sorry, This deal is terrible no matter how you slice it.

now we can root for the niners to have a bad season next year. let's pull their schedule

Amen to that.

I grew up in LA prior to the Bill Walsh years, so for me it's normal to think of the 49ers doing badly. :)

Alan Branch is off the board - Cardinals

I know what you are saying. I say it is a "good move" because they do not have a true 3rd wr and they also add potential insurance should one of their top two go down.

Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

Do you mean move up from 91 using our two 4ths? That won't get us too far, and we also don't have a tradeable 5th.

Looks like this draft is turning into a day two fest. Now I'm glad I didn't submit my Pats top 10.
Happily, I still have about 6 potential day two possibilities.

BB looks like he could stand a good nap.

Wow, buffalo is on the clock

Offical 2007 NFL Draft 2nd Round Discussion

new round..new thread?

Branch goes to Cardinals

Colts need defense but Gonzalez is going to be a player. Pre-free agency before the WR additions I was hoping he would be a Patriots target.

Why take a talented WR like Gonzalez when you can save picks for next year.

damn't somehow someway i want woodley, rouse, or houston soemhow i would like to see one of them in a pats jersey

So, you think the equivalent of a Mid 2nd round pick and a mid 4th round pick should be more than enough to move to the #28 spot in the 1st round?

You do realize that the Cowboys moved from the 4th spot in the 2nd round to the 26th spot in the 1st round at a cost of a mid 3rd and mid 5th, right?

Sorry, This deal is terrible no matter how you slice it.

The equivalent of a mid-second round pick?

Bills take Posluszny - solid character guy

Re: Offical 2007 2nd round DICUSSION

puz goes to the bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes