PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Are you ready to greet some new Patriots? Enjoy the draft and think twice before you let that tv fly. :D

Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

I can't wait. It suddenly hit me last night and I've had trouble sleeping ever since.

Here's some predictions before the truth unfolds: :cool:

• The Pats will not draft LB David Harris at #24
  • The Pats will not select in their current slots (24 & 28) -- one or both will be moved
  • The Pats will somehow acquire a second-rounder this draft, and/or a day one pick in '08

Is there a pool going to see what time the Pats #24 pick will occur?
The anticipation is almost nauseating.

Good luck BB and SP............do us proud!

I predict the consumption of between 4 and 6 pints by the first Patriots selection.

I predict that I will be ostracized from the bedroom tonight for incessantly ranting about the measurables and intangibles of every pick made today.

I predict that I will get into a half-drunken confrontation at whichever bar I am at right around 3:55p regarding the TV channel.

i have been awakened by my body three hours earlier than planned. Even my cells know that today is a great day.

Let's get it on already!

Last edited:

we're DOOMED :singing:

I'm predicting that day 1 is going to be a downer to watch. If we can't trade back out of round 1, My stomach will be in knots watching all of the talent come off the board between picks 28 and 91. I'd feel a lot better if we had a pick in round 2. Assuming we use all of our picks my official day 1 wish list:

CB - Revis (rd1), Josh Wilson (rd1 or 2), or Damien Hughes (rd 2 or 3)
WR - (rd 1 or 2) Anthony Gonzalez*
LB - Zac DeOssie (rd 3) Stewart Bradley(rd 3) Woodley (rd 2 or 3)

*I know that the Gonzo pick may not be feasible given team needs, but I really do want this guy. If BB/Pioli think Harris/Beason could be the ILB of the future then we'll have to wait on Gonzo.

Last edited:

My keep an eye on list:

For obvious reasons:
Harris
Meriweather

Now the other guy's I'll be looking for:
Harrell
Spencer
Woodley
Ben Patrick
Josh Wilson (If they trade down.)
Chris Henry
Lorenzo Booker
Brandon Jackson
Chris Davis (I think they might pick him earlier than people expect, like the fourth round. I really like his game.)
Brian Robison
Desmond Bishop

Last edited:

If it's ok with everybody, I'll de-sticky the interactive mock and move this thread up for our chatting pleasure.

So, are the Raiders going to pick Ja Marcus Russell? I'd say they should.

did anyone else just see that cheesy intro video on ESPN?

One take & bake pizza, doctored to my standard, for breakfast and I'm ready for some draft stories.

One take & bake pizza, doctored to my standard, for breakfast and I'm ready for some draft stories.

I'm traveling on business right now, locked in a hotel room desperately trying to get some critical work done. :rolleyes: This will test the limits of my multitasking abilities. (Conveniently, though, my work task of the moment is to research babies named ESPN!)

What's on it? I'm having noodles and a can of Diet Coke with Cherry. I never drink at home, so no beers for me.

Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

April 28, 2007
Welcome to Gillette

FOXBOROUGH -- Welcome to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots' top decision-makers are gathered for the NFL draft.

The media is assembled here in the press box, and in a nice touch, many writers are wearing pastel-colored Polo shirts in memory of the late Alan Greenberg. Alan, who covered the Patriots for the Hartford Courant, died of a heart attack in March. We all miss him.

A few initial items to pass along as we get set for our coverage today:

Are the Patriots interested in acquiring receiver Randy Moss from the Raiders? Adam Schefter of the NFL Network writes on NFL.com that the teams have had discussions along these lines. Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal had the initial report on the Moss trade talks.

A few emailers were curious how the Patriots handle the draft, which is based out of New York. As we understand it, the team sends a team official, or officials, to New York to represent the Patriots. That person is in communication with the Patriots' key decision-makers such as coach Bill Belichick and vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, at their draft headquarters in Foxborough. And when it is time for the Patriots to pick, the team official in New York writes the player's name on a card and hands it in on behalf of the team.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 11:32:03 AM

Goodell is at the podium right now with Vick, Hall, and Bruce Smith. There will be a moment of silence for the VT shootings.

Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

John Clayton was just on the radio saying the Pats offered a 6th round pick for Randy Moss, and that the Raiders are desperate to unload Moss.

Let's get it on. Go Pats.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill