PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off-season Choice: pats bring in Byrd, Bills bring in Diggs

I think we should have paid Brady and signed/traded for Diggs.......we'd be in the same spot......except there would be the same ones who are whining now who would be rocking back and forth, sucking their thumbs sayin 'not Brady's fault'

Reactions: SVN
Biggest difference is Brian Daboll is the Bills OC so they bring in Diggs and develop Allen into a pro bowler and a top6 offense. We have McDaniels so we bring in Byrd, spend a 2nd for Sanu, spend a 1st for Harry, and develop nobody for 8 years and have the worst TE group in the league by production.

Biggest difference is Brian Daboll is the Bills OC so they bring in Diggs and develop Allen into a pro bowler and a top6 offense. We have McDaniels so we bring in Byrd, spend a 2nd for Sanu, spend a 1st for Harry, and develop nobody for 8 years and have the worst TE group in the league by production.
Develop nobody for 8 yrs ? really ? You are really stretching your hate for Josh too far. He is not the reason for this current team . You think we had daboll we wouldve won as many games since last 8 yrs and continue winning with Cam and stidham because daboll wouldve "developed" them better?

I think we should have paid Brady and signed/traded for Diggs.......we'd be in the same spot......except there would be the same ones who are whining now who would be rocking back and forth, sucking their thumbs sayin 'not Brady's fault'
Brady wouldve been miserable playing for this pats team unless it had 3 or 4 legit weapons like he has now. He was genuinely excited to work with AB last yr and once it fell apart , he sort of resigned himself to the fate of it being the last yr.

You may want to take a peek at some of Daboll's offenses over the years. His teams have ranked near the bottom of the league in all 6 of his season in yards and points prior to this one. (3x in the 30's, 3x in the 20's) I know how important those rankings mean to you.

You may want to take a peek at some of Daboll's offenses over the years. His teams have ranked near the bottom of the league in all 6 of his season in yards and points prior to this one. (3x in the 30's, 3x in the 20's) I know how important those rankings mean to you.

Yeah Daboll went to bad teams and made them better. The opposite of McDaniels riding Brady and Gronk's coat tails and doing nothing otherwise with league worst offenses this year, in Denver, and St Louis

Yeah Daboll went to bad teams and made them better. The opposite of McDaniels riding Brady and Gronk's coat tails and doing nothing otherwise with league worst offenses this year, in Denver, and St Louis
When did he do that? Are you talking about his 2 years in Cleveland when he led them to 32rd in yards and 29th in points in 2009 or when he turned things completely around in 2010 when they improved to 29th in yards and 31st in points? He did lead KC to 32nd in points his one year there. If you are going to cherry pick teams and years for McD you should do the same for others. I see Daboll as riding Josh Allen's coat tails this year so obviously 2020 does not count just like you do not give McD any credit for anything Brady did.

Last edited:
When did he do that? Are you talking about his 2 years in Cleveland when he led them to 32rd in yards and 29th in points in 2009 or when he turned things completely around in 2010 when they improved to 29th in yards and 31st in points? He did lead KC to 32nd in points his one year there. If you are going to cherry pick teams and years for McD you should do the same for others. I see Daboll as riding Josh Allen's coat tails this year so obviously 2020 does not count just like you do not give McD any credit for anything Brady did.

Ha that's great. Josh Allen's coat tails. Who threw 50% completion rate 2 years ago. Sorry but McDaniels is totally exposed this year without Tom Brady. Nothing you can do to spin these facts. The offense keeps getting worse with McDaniels.

Brady may have stayed if Patriots made a move for Diggs or Hopkins. Once brady saw the trash he would be left with this year he bolted.
Patriots put together teams that went to 5 straight conference championships 4 superbowls and won 3 of them. Part of that was pushing back cap hits like Brady to field competitive teams. The Pats biggest cap hit this year was Brady at 18 million and he wasn't even on the team. They had something like 28M in dead money from players no longer on the team.

BB had a choice, keep trying to kick that can down the road or take his lumps for 1 year and then retool. Looks like he did the smart thing, took his lumps for 1 year with a team that now has like 40M in cap space with potential for more if some players retire

Ha that's great. Josh Allen's coat tails. Who threw 50% completion rate 2 years ago. Sorry but McDaniels is totally exposed this year without Tom Brady. Nothing you can do to spin these facts. The offense keeps getting worse with McDaniels.

So when Brady explodes under McDaniels in 2007 it is all Brady but when Allen explodes this year it is all Daboll? Makes sense. Look - you have probably made 500+ posts regarding your disdain for Josh in the past 2 months so I do not expect you to change your mind but to actually applaud someone like Daboll who literally just had his first successful year ever as an OC is amusing.

People forget Marquise Lee is a pretty decent WR, certainly the best we could afford. But when he opted out we were left short handed.

In all honesty, I do not blame Bill or the Pats for taking this year on the chin.

It was clear at the end of 2018 that they were a team on the decline.

- Add in the free agent losses

-Then add in the 'opt out' losses

-Then add in the possibility that the season doesn't actually complete

With all those things combined, I fully support them not making big acquisitions or shaking up the roster too much. It was the perfect year to just 'see what happens' and if that means stinking then so be it.

Post-season Result: Bills go to the dance, Pats stay home.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back