PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho vs Rex Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waits for Joker...

scarjo_popcorn.gif

this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

I could watch Scarlett eat popcorn all damn day....

My god.

Joker is good people, I've known him since about 1997, we've met and have engaged on a number of fan related events. He used to hate the Dolphins a lot more than he does now the Jets, but I take that as a complement. Nothing will ever change the hilarity of the days we've had as we used to engage phin fans. Me personally, nothing will ever, ever trump my hatred of the phins and their fans. Joker went down hill with the whole Mangini era, sometimes I don't think he realizes that Mangini is no longer the Jets coach.

I don't think Ryan is at all obsessed with anything, if anything, you should take what he does say about the Pats as respect. The fact that Belichick and Ryan respect each other so much should tell you that.

I'm sure they do. But why does Rex have to open his mouth? See, I never ever hated the Jets till the whole Eric Mangini. Then came 2007. After he got fired, I could have cared less about the Jets. Then came Rex Ryan. A dude who had never been a HC, boasting of the Jets winning a SB (which didn't bother me) and then, for a guy he highly respects, kinda insults BB by saying he isn't going to kiss any rings. It begs the question- why can't he act and behave like any other HC?
See, if he had actually kept his mouth shut and produced the same result, I don't think most people in NE would give a rat's *** about Rex. If he keeps on proclaiming that the Jets will win a SB every year and fails to do so, isn't he a joke to himself, the Jets fanbase and to the NFL?

I'm sure they do. But why does Rex have to open his mouth? See, I never ever hated the Jets till the whole Eric Mangini. Then came 2007. After he got fired, I could have cared less about the Jets. Then came Rex Ryan. A dude who had never been a HC, boasting of the Jets winning a SB (which didn't bother me) and then, for a guy he highly respects, kinda insults BB by saying he isn't going to kiss any rings. It begs the question- why can't he act and behave like any other HC?
See, if he had actually kept his mouth shut and produced the same result, I don't think most people in NE would give a rat's *** about Rex. If he keeps on proclaiming that the Jets will win a SB every year and fails to do so, isn't he a joke to himself, the Jets fanbase and to the NFL?

That is media hogwash. The NY media and national hating media are rooting against the Jets just so they can see what Rex will talk about next.

The man can coach his ass off, and has earned his spot up at the top of the coaching ranks in the league as one of the better coaches. The whole prediction thing is media drivel, so what, he say's the Jets are going to win the SB, but have you ever actually watched him when he says it, do you see the look on his face knowing full well the media are ready to run to the print rooms? He does it on purpose, he's completely removing the focus and pressure from his team and is putting all on himself, he knows this, meanwhile, his team prepares, they get ready, and now the whole world is waiting for the team to fail, or wanting them to, so what do you have? A hungry team ready to prove the doubters wrong to back up their coach.

JI is great for a laugh. I reacquainted myself with some of their light hearted ventures into the realm of supposed intelligence to be greeted by "McCourty can be beaten like a rented mule and gets thrown at, that's why good corners don't have good stats.. he's crap" thought process.

Jets fans are the source of so much personal pleasure.

Have the Jets been to a Super Bowl in the past two generations?

When you become as relevant as the Tampa Bay Bucaneers or Atlanta Falcons then we'll talk about the relative "greatness" of your organization.

Until then, you're a joke (and starring on the Practice Squad!).

Hmmm, ok, I was looking for an adult conversation on the subject, I guess kids need to play too... :rolleyes:

The premise of your thread is ridiculous. There is one reason and one reason only for why Jabba Wrecks is so publicly, "loquacious." And if you don't get it now you never will: He was given marching owners on the day he was hired by Woody Johnson to be brash, loud and provocative so his team would be NOTICED in a market dominated by the Giants. The idea was/is to cast an air of relevancy about a team that had not yet earned it in order to sell PSLs -- thousands of which remain unclaimed. Wrecks always has been an obnoxious blowhard, a trait now applied in cynically calculated (marketing) fashion. Johnson simply saw him as the right guy for the role of carnival barker for his joke of a franchise in a desperate attempt to fool even more desperate fans into forking over big $$$. Now 42 years and counting without a championship the team already is backsliding because Woody's big-splash scheme didn't work.

Last edited:
Of course he's the class clown. Predicting they'll win the SB every year, "let's get a f*cking snack", he's a clown. The players "respect" him because they like him and they're winning. But he's a clown and it will work just fine as long as they win. When they don't it will get ugly, not predicting that will come soon as I don't know.

I thought it was "let's get a god d*mn snack" ? ;)

Pats fans like to complain about Rex Ryan being a guy that loves to be in front of a camera, loves to bring attention to himself, is full of himself, and any other innuendo you can think off to mock the Jets head coach.

Being a Jets fan, and despite being obviously biased, I honestly don't know why so many fans hate Rex. Some take what he says and make it into a bigger deal than what it is, I've always been of the mindset that Rex has an MO with everything he does, and that he has taken one of the many great attributes that made Buddy Ryan a great coach, Rex also likes to create a bunker environment with his team, his "us against the world" mantra works IMO, he gets the most out of his players because he creates a culture that motivates a player to back up everything he says, but it's even more than that IMO, its Rex' genuine passion for the game, for winning, the man loves football, and his players will go through a wall for him. That is the biggest objective for any coach, after all, isn't it? The best coaches in the game are the coaches whose players buy into their program and what they are all about. You can hate Rex all you want, but you can't deny he gets the most out of his team, and there are a lot of good that Rex does for the league because of the "way" he is. I think deep down, some of you would even have to admit, despite having one of the very best coaches in the history of the game leading your team, that you could find yourself rooting hard for Rex and enjoying the culture he creates for his teams...

Which brings me to the point of this thread, not too far on that end of the spectrum is Chad Ochocinco, for all the whining you guys probably do about Rex, how is Ocho any different? Is he not a guy that loves to be in front of a camera? Is he not a diva? Is he not a player that at one point in time during his career violated every "what it means to be a Patriot" rule ever written, or still being written? This guy loves to talk, he's arrogant, if not over confident, he's pretty much everything Rex is as a player. I also believe he is a guy that wants to win, and quite frankly, I don't really have a problem with the "way" Ocho is, I've always found a lot of his "stuff" hilarious, some of it extreme, and I know he can wear on players and locker rooms, which is a risk in itself for the Pats, leopards don't change their colors, Ocho may be putting on a nice face, but the guy is ready to burst, in some ways, he has, and it can make a fan just shake his head in befuddlement. Again, I used to like Chad a lot, I don't think he is the same player he once was anymore, not by a long shot, he looks like a player who has slowed down quite a bit, and has been eliminated in big games in the last couple of years quite easily, irregardless of who was on the opposite side of the field.

My point is, how is Ocho different, for those that hate Rex, do you like Ocho, if so, why, what is the difference?

Not fat, doesn't lick feet.

Being a Jets fan, and despite being obviously biased, I honestly don't know why so many fans hate Rex.

Because he's a big fat tub of goo. Now, let's go get a god d*mn snack. :cool:

I don't like him because he's a good coach, and he coach's a division rival that I completely despise. That's why I hate him. I'm not sure why fans "in general" would. I think it's pretty much expected from a Patriots perspective. We hated Sperm Edwards too, and Mangina (with extra passion I might add)..... etc down the line.

95% (or more) of Jets fans hate BB for the exact same reason. You'd have to troll other teams messageboards to find out why they hate him. I suspect it's because many people have a vision in their head about how a head coach should behave (whether that is right or wrong is another point altogether), and lets face it, Rexy is outside of that vision for most folks.

As for Ocho and Rexy............ we really can't have a serious conversation debating the behavior of a WR and a Head Coach. It's like equating the behavior of a CEO and some schmoo that works in the mailroom.

Last edited:
The premise of your thread is ridiculous. There is one reason and one reason only for why Jabba Wrecks is so publicly, "loquacious." And if you don't get it now you never will: He was given marching owners on the day he was hired by Woody Johnson to be brash, loud and provocative so his team would be NOTICED in a market dominated by the Giants. The idea was/is to cast an air of relevancy about a team that had not yet earned it in order to sell PSLs -- thousands of which remain unclaimed. Wrecks always has been an obnoxious blowhard, a trait now applied in cynically calculated (marketing) fashion. Johnson simply saw him as the right guy for the role of carnival barker for his joke of a franchise in a desperate attempt to fool even more desperate fans into forking over big $$$. Now 42 years and counting without a championship the team already is backsliding because Woody's big-splash scheme didn't work.

That is quite the concoction you and some of the Pats fans have cooked up regarding Rex Ryan.

Pats fans sure can spin it... :rolleyes:

Embarrassed? No, there isn't a single Jets fan that would characterize Rex as embarrassing.

Let me ask you, were you embarrassed as a fan of Belichick through the whole videogate scandal?

No, because I was aware when Cowher, Jimmy Johnson and multiple other coaches came out and said THEY DID THE SAME THING. I was embarrassed for the media for making it a bigger deal than it was and embarrassed for the opposing fans who use it to this day as a way to put down the Patriots. It's sad.

Joker is good people, I've known him since about 1997, we've met and have engaged on a number of fan related events. He used to hate the Dolphins a lot more than he does now the Jets, but I take that as a complement. Nothing will ever change the hilarity of the days we've had as we used to engage phin fans. Me personally, nothing will ever, ever trump my hatred of the phins and their fans. Joker went down hill with the whole Mangini era, sometimes I don't think he realizes that Mangini is no longer the Jets coach.

I don't think Ryan is at all obsessed with anything, if anything, you should take what he does say about the Pats as respect. The fact that Belichick and Ryan respect each other so much should tell you that.

You will likely never know what BB really thinks of Rex Ryan...and that's the difference between a classy individual and one that is not classy. It's really that simple.

People who are insecure often make up for it by being a loud mouth. It's a way of seeking approval or making themselves feel the confidence that they seek. Rex Ryan is the definition of that. Only a Jets fan would deny it...It's pretty obvious. Maybe he's insecure about the way he looks, who knows...He's clearly envious of Belichick, and that's why everything that comes out of his mouth is Patriot related. The dude is obsessed with New England..

Last edited:
That is quite the concoction you and some of the Pats fans have cooked up regarding Rex Ryan.

Pats fans are the ones who spin it? That's hilarious...just go away.

Blind, deluded denial. How will YOU spin it when the roof caves in this season and it's back once again to SOJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back