PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O.K. Fellow Members...Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: O.K. Fellow Members..Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

I briefly played professional hockey in Europe, and played some football at the high school level as a running back/linebacker. That's my sports experience.

Last edited:
Re: O.K. Fellow Members..Who here has actually been a player on a football team?

LoooL! Nice story Briz. I don't think Champ Bailey can even say he got 4 INT's in one game!

not many people have! its really hard!

check out the NFL record book, only around a dozen players have ever intercepted 4 passes in a game, getting 5 INTs a game would be crazy, 4 is about the limit!

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/ints

Most Interceptions By, Game
Sammy Baugh, Washington vs. Detroit, Nov. 14, 1943
Dan Sandifer, Washington vs. Boston, Oct. 31, 1948
Don Doll, Detroit vs. Chi. Cardinals, Oct. 23, 1949
Bob Nussbaumer, Chi. Cardinals vs. N.Y. Bulldogs, Nov. 13, 1949
Russ Craft, Philadelphia vs. Chi. Cardinals, Sept. 24, 1950
Bobby Dillon, Green Bay vs. Detroit, Nov. 26, 1953
Jack Butler, Pittsburgh vs. Washington, Dec. 13, 1953
Austin (Goose) Gonsoulin, Denver vs. Buffalo, Sept. 18, 1960
Jerry Norton, St. Louis vs. Washington, Nov. 20, 1960; vs. Pittsburgh, Nov. 26, 1961
Dave Baker, San Francisco vs. L.A. Rams, Dec. 4, 1960
Bobby Ply, Dall. Texans vs. San Diego, Dec. 16, 1962
Bobby Hunt, Kansas City vs. Houston, Oct. 4, 1964
Willie Brown, Denver vs. N.Y. Jets, Nov. 15, 1964
**** Anderson, Miami vs. Pittsburgh, Dec. 3, 1973
Willie Buchanon, Green Bay vs. San Diego, Sept. 24, 1978
Deron Cherry, Kansas City vs. Seattle, Sept. 29, 1985
Kwamie Lassiter, Arizona vs. San Diego, Dec. 27, 1998
Deltha O'Neal, Denver vs. Kansas City, Oct. 7, 2001
BRiZ, Springfield Central vs. Chicopee Comp, Oct. 13, 1994

Last edited:

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once....

I play my junior and senior year in HS was a starter on Special teams. I was in and out as a DT and RT. Has for my talent level i won the award for most heart lol

Coed flag football in grad school.

RB/NT/KR/PR/LS - we played ironman (my QB/S/K/P team capt would be disapprove of that term though she preferred the word ironperson) We had a total of roster of 20. Typically 13-17 folks would be show up. 11 on the field.

I started and played about 80% of the snaps.

We came in dead last, and had a record akin to the 76' Bucs. I think our closest game was 17 points, our worst blow out was around 70.

We had some disadvs: 1) None of us had played football before - every other team has several players who played in HS. 2) we were all grad students and older than the undergrad teams; 3) rules required one male and one female on the field at all times and most other teams had 2-3 girls on the roster. Our team was mostly women. Not a knock on women, our best player threw like girl cause she was, but our linewomen were always out matched by their lineman.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once....

Very nice VA_Pats_Fan :D

I played football from seventh grade through high school. I started out as a Fullback and inside linebacker and then played guard/ILB & some defensive line.

After college I coached football starting with junior high and then up to varsity for over 10 years. I was primarily an offensive & defensive line coach.

why yes, yes I have :)

High school WR and Corner Back with a little bit of safety thrown in. Even though I now weigh 225 (33 inch waste), i was lighter in HS. Played 3 years of Div 2 football as CB and safety. I have had two back surgeries and need more (disk fusions, etc) from playing but it seemed worth it at the time

That's enough about me on a message board, I don't like to talk about myself much.

7th grade

Cornerback / Backup QB [Came in one play, fumbled while handing off]

Yes.

We had one win, by one point.

It sounds like the other team outsu<ked your team by a point.:D

played from 6th grade to 10th. Played defense mainly, but guard on offense.

I played Freshman and Sophmore year. WR, never started and only played a couple snaps in a couple games.

My JV team my sophmore year won the JV title and beat our rival 63-0. One of our "fat men" did a punt that literally went straight up. It was hilarious :D

Never played any Jr High or High School sports. Played sports around the neighborhood all the time. I do remember going to an outing where I didn't know anybody and joining a pickup game. I ended up scoring 5 TDs (3 interceptions returned for TDs and 2 throws made to me for TDs); we won the game 5-0. :) The first half of the game they kept me in to block every play (since most everyone else knew each other).

It sounds like the other team outsu<ked your team by a point.:D

Save for the point part, reminded me a lot of the Raiders/Jets game last weekend.

I have to admit I never played anything beyond backyard brawls we called football, the mutts that we were.
I never did play in any high school team but I did play flag football at the
parochial school.
But with those backyard brawls I can honestly say I have experienced the sensation of trudging forward with the rock(it really was a rock) while the defense(Sparky, Phil and Albert) were doing all they could to bring you down like linebackers on a determined tight end.
AHh, those were the days.

Hats off to the OP for this great idea of a thread.
It's going to be interesting seeing what some of you guys say.(haven't read the whole thread yet sueme.)

I started playing in my Sophomore year. I'm a senior now, and have been starting center the entire time, and am captain this year. I'm a backup DT as well, and they put me at TE for a play and I scored a TD. I also long snap, and play on kickoff and kick return.

Last year we went to provincials, but lost in a tough game. The league bumped us up to AAA this year and we're still doing very well. We play semi finals this weekend.

That's my story.

Another question!

Anyone have any nasty injuries they sustained while playing football?

For me i had:

-Turf Toe
-1 Concussion (Knocked Out)
-1 Stinger (these are HORRIBLE)
-A pretty nasty pulled Heel
-Ruptured Spleen (AKA the big injury)

I think its great to hear the athletic background of all us Patriots fans and shows that not all of us have been nothing but armchair quarterbacks since birth :)

Briz seems to have been the biggest athletic stud of all Patsfans members so far - Great story Briz

ya and this info will never be used to discredit anyone in the future.

i've never been president so i can't talk about politics.

Just finished Playing Varsity football, my team had 3-peated the last three years as State Champions! Played WR, I am like Randy Moss, 6'4" around 175, and i can burn you or jump over you. One of the few white kids on the team! Am going to try to walk on in college next year!

Peewee AND midget, mofo!

OG, OT, DT. My main claim to fame was in my first season, I had 2 straight false starts. Wasn't paying attention when they said I couldn't pick up my knuckles in a three point stance.

I really wish my nickname was "Pancake" or "Meast" or "Manimal" or something, but in reality it was "Heavy," as bestowed by Coach.

Played against the REAL fooball players from the fooball team every Sunday at the park from September through about December when I got to high school... by then had gotten really into the school paper. (Also didn't really want to be an O-lineman the rest of my life :) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back