NYT: The NFL has a Goodell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Top/center on the site's front page

goodell-test-master1050.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/sports/football/roger-goodell-nfl-players-union.html

There is NO ONE on this planet that needs a punch in the mouth more than this cretinous little rich boy turned megalomaniac.
I'd prefer to pound him endlessly with body shots myself, but that's me

I'd prefer to pound him endlessly with body shots myself, but that's me

Nice....make it look like he's lying as he cries like the little coward biatch he is. I'm more direct in my desires. No subtlety involved...*BAM!*...out go da lights....pay the winos 20 bucks a piece to pizz on his head to wake him up afterwards.

Nice....make it look like he's lying as he cries like the little coward biatch he is. I'm more direct in my desires. No subtlety involved...*BAM!*...out go da lights....pay the winos 20 bucks a piece to pizz on his head to wake him up afterwards.
You want him to wake up??!!:D

THAT is an extremely puzzling philosophical question, PR...let me think about it for a while.....

“And he answered:
You delight in laying down laws,
Yet you delight more in breaking them.”

Excerpt From: Gibran, Khalil. “The Prophet.”

I suspect as time goes on that the schisms in the NFL will become more and more obvious as Goodell is completely out of control..

We have the National Anthem thing, and it is rumored that the Seahawks will do something as a team. The owners do not like this type of publicity and may look for a scapegoat.

Sooner or later there will be a successful lawsuit against Article #46... it is only a matter of time before this megalomaniac completely craps the bed.

Sooner or later there will be a successful lawsuit against Article #46... it is only a matter of time before this megalomaniac completely craps the bed.

I think Article 46 goes out with a whimper, not a bang. Everybody knows the owners will negotiate it away; the question is the "price" for doing so. And the union is, amazingly, doing exactly the right thing; namely they're setting up its abolition as a precondition for having any kind of labor peace at all.

I think Article 46 goes out with a whimper, not a bang. Everybody knows the owners will negotiate it away; the question is the "price" for doing so. And the union is, amazingly, doing exactly the right thing; namely they're setting up its abolition as a precondition for having any kind of labor peace at all.

I dunno, when negotiations start up again(2019?)... can see this as a major issue, if they do not completely get rid of it may be modified significantly to avoid the current appearance of impropriety.. at least give a different path to administer justice in rule infractions.

There is NO ONE on this planet that needs a punch in the mouth more than this cretinous little rich boy turned megalomaniac.

My hatred of him has become so intense that I cannot enjoy football anymore. I am typically a very non-confrontational guy and not vindictive. He might be the only person (outside of murderers, pedophiles, and genocidal world leaders) who I truly wish misery upon.

Yep. The public perception will be that of horse trading with somehow the NFL maintaining complete control over the disciplinary process

I really wonder how many millionaires and billionaires would love to own their own Professional Football team. With a four year head start, an NFL lockout would be a good time to start.

After all, it is (was) a free country.

The guys avoiding the HGH meeting until publicly threatened, Brady and the sticker, Kaepernick and the anthem add up to the players ready to revolt. Goodell has fomented unrest. The owners need to see where the real problem lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes