PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY papers' take on Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, admittedly I'm tempered by the fact that I wouldn't want to see Mangini go THERE for any reason, but I just don't see where he's ready for a HC job. He is starting to show promise as a DC and, being a BB disciple, probably will be a future successful HC. If he continues to develop, I'd like to see him groomed to take over the HC role for when...

Other than just being able to exact some perceived revenge on BB for his sudden moment of mental clarity when he ran from Jersey as fast as he could, I don't really see why the NJJ are so hot on him. Although I guess considering what else is out there, why not give the kid a chance.

CTPatsFan said:
Sure, admittedly I'm tempered by the fact that I wouldn't want to see Mangini go THERE for any reason, but I just don't see where he's ready for a HC job. He is starting to show promise as a DC and, being a BB disciple, probably will be a future successful HC. If he continues to develop, I'd like to see him groomed to take over the HC role for when...

Other than just being able to exact some perceived revenge on BB for his sudden moment of mental clarity when he ran from Jersey as fast as he could, I don't really see why the NJJ are so hot on him. Although I guess considering what else is out there, why not give the kid a chance.
1. The remarks about not getting a "honeymoon" period in NY are certainly spot on considering the tone of the second Daily News article. There were hints of brass knuckles in that piece.

2. Experience, this season has been the first time for him to be the man making the in-game adjustments for the entire defense. He's helped devise them for a unit and position, and he's been part of Romeo's brain trust coming up with the ultimate solution, but you have to admit it's been a little shaky to start...how much harder will it be at Head Coach?

3. Beyond team bias, the Jets suck. They're a black hole for success. What makes it even more challenging, they would play in a division coached by two of his old mentors who both have National/World Championships under their belts.

4. He would be in the position of having to bring in a new DC - I think Henderson is going to be chosen as a Heach Coach by another team looking for a fresh start. He might be able to keep Heimerdinger, freeing him to focus on defense and special teams.

5. He is unlikely to be given the same GM responsibilities - Woody isn't wooing him, Bradway is. That's like having Kraft direct Grier to find him a new coach....you may be Tannenbaum's friend, but Bradway is looking for someone to work within his vision.

Use the interview as a learning experience, an opportunity to develop. Sure you might be able to steal a Dimitriof - d%#*!@t, brain flatulence on spelling again - from the Pats' personnel section to be your Pioli - but how close are you as compared to BB and SP?

If he takes the job he will succeed, but he'll be forged in fire and come out a new man by doing so in that dung hole.

In one of my introspective moods I'm pondering a bit of life's ironies...I just got to post about the Jets, scoop cat litter, and put the trash to the curb, all in one brief moment of time............

While I don't think that Mangini is ready for a HC job, if he feels that he would like the challenge, then he should take it. If Mangini has confidence in his ability to handle a HC job, then he should do it. I don't like the fact that he's going to a division rival but what can you do?
If he does leave, I hope Pepper Johnson gets an opportunity. I like the work he has done with our DL and the work he did with our ILBs. He has always intrigued me.

Box_O_Rocks said:
In one of my introspective moods I'm pondering a bit of life's ironies...I just got to post about the Jets, scoop cat litter, and put the trash to the curb, all in one brief moment of time............
May the rest of your day be more refreshing! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye