PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dancing on NY "Journalists"(Update on William C. Rhoden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who changed Wikipedia?!?!

"Rhoden's writing is often unbalanced, unresearched and biased. A classic example of that can be seen in his article about the "Decline of the Patriots" in the New York Times, just prior to the Patriots - Jets game on Monday Night Football. The "declining" patriots were 9-2 going in, tied for the best record within the AFC, and proceeded to dismantle the Jets 45-3."

William C. Rhoden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I SWEAR on a stack of bibles, that wasn't me!!!!!

But I love it! :D :D :D

Bostonsportsmedia.com No More?

What happened to that site?

It is nowhere to be found on the internet as of this afternoon.

Did the New York Times /William C. Rhoden have it killed today for it's reporting on the Mr. Rhoden's Patriots slander?

Re: Bostonsportsmedia.com No More?

What happened to that site?

It is nowhere to be found on the internet as of this afternoon.

Did the New York Times /William C. Rhoden have it killed today for it's reporting on the Mr. Rhoden's Patriots slander?

i saw it this am with the william rhoden thing

I think it was mentioned in a Bill Simmons column and the servers were overwhelmed.

via bruceallen twitter
Server restarting. A little ticked, This hosting plan is supposed to be able to handle traffic spikes like this.

via bruceallen twitter

Wow, so it was Simmons' twitter about William C. Rhoden sending too much traffic to the site.

Man, we had it hours before them (oh, well, glad our site isn't going to crash, so thanks Bill for passing over us).

That guy and the Times better come out with an explanation. So far, it seems that they intend to ignore it and are confident it will all just go away.

Last edited:

Wow, so it was Simmons' twitter about William C. Rhoden sending too much traffic to the site.

Man.

That guy and the Times better come out with an explanation. So far, it seems that they intend to ignore it and are confident it will all just go away.

can this be sent to other mediots e.g PFT somehow ?

I hate that Joe Scarbrough is on our side in this. Ugh.

I know. But it's the New York Times factor. Just say the words "New York Times" and certain people start frothing at the mouth, like a Pavolvian dog. But this is all sports, though. It will (and should) definitely come back to bite them. :(

can this be sent to other mediots e.g PFT somehow ?

Florio? He only PROPOGATES cameragate. He won't report about the media's unfair reporting of it.

Last edited:
Thats some good spin, there.

Didn't see the link posted yet, but SI gets in on it as well. :D

WHOOPS
William Rhoden of the New York Times wrote a story Monday BEFORE the Jets-Patriots game titled, "The Day the Patriots Empire Began to Crumble." The story also contained this gem: "The Jets are in ascendancy, while New England is in retrograde." After the game, the Times made changes to the story. [link to the Deadspin article]

Mila Kunis; Ndamukong Suh fined by NFL: Hot Clicks - SI.com - Extra Mustard

Last edited:
As far as Rhoden's concerned, it's amazing that a guy can apparently know so little about his subject matter and still hold a byline in what is still a prestigious newspaper. He must have something on somebody.

This is the mistake people still make about the New York Crimes. Comparing the writing inside this useless, lying fishwrap to that of a Tabloid is an insult to tabloids everywhere.

This is the mistake people still make about the New York Crimes. Comparing the writing inside this useless, lying fishwrap to that of a Tabloid is an insult to tabloids everywhere.

Like I said, mention the words "New York Times" and certain types start frothing and panting like enraged bulls. It's New York Times Derangement Syndrome.

yes, they cover the Jests and the Jests suck and yes, they cover the Yankees and the Yankees suck. yes, this columnist sucks and this "article" sucks but...

They're still prestigious and they're still the journal of record. Get over it.

Like I said, mention the words "New York Times" and certain types start frothing and panting like enraged bulls. It's New York Times Derangement Syndrome.

yes, they cover the Jests and the Jests suck and yes, they cover the Yankees and the Yankees suck. yes, this columnist sucks and this "article" sucks but...

Understood.

And they should be held accountable for cover-ups if they are going to be throwing stones at the Patriots for cover-ups.

In U.S., Confidence in Newspapers, TV News Remains a Rarity

Daily newspaper circulation plummets, Sacramento Bee's decline larger than industry average | Sacramento Business Journal

It's neither particularly prestigious nor the journal of record at this point. Get over it.

Ah, I was wondering if you might have chimed in. What's it like being the biggest know-it-all on here? Do you enjoy it with your pretentious sig and your disgusting avatar? Opinion taken, not fact.

The Sacramento Bee? That newspaper is not in libraries for historical purposes all over the country like the NYT is. I know ALL newspapers are in decline, though, so it's not unique to the NYT. The internet has changed the delivery of news for good, so all papers have to either adapt or die out. There will still be people who buy print media but the question is for how long? No matter what, there should be a continuation of the "journal of record" tradition into the digital age. I understand a certain resentment of their self-proclaimed "journal of record" tag, but some people take it to a ridiculous extreme, hence the New York Times Derangement Syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back