Welcome to PatsFans.com

Number three pick this evening

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by ironwasp, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

In my NFL.com I'm picking number three this evening. I know conventional wisdom has it that you pick RB in first round, but after LT and Steven Jackson the next guys - Gore, LJ - seem to have question marks of one sort or another.

So should I be picking Peyton???
  2. Gopats!!!

Gopats!!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Depends on your scoring. If QBs get the same number of points for TDs and yards then it would be a decent decision. If not, it is probably better to take a RB. You are absolutely right that there are a lot of question marks. In my (PPR) league the first four RB taken were LT, S Jackson, LJ and Gore.

Hope that helps.:bricks:
  3. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

For me, it would come down to Frank Gore vs. Larry Johnson, and I would go with Frank Gore.

Frank Gore's team is still improving, with Alex Smith still up and coming and the additions of Darrell Jackson and Ashley Lelie. While you may think this will lead to less opportunity for Gore, I think it leads to more scoring opportunities for him.

As for Larry Johnson, his team is on the decline. The quarterbacks on the roster have been ineffective and thus will have to rely on the run. Sure, this means that Johnson will still get LOTS of carries, but defenses will stack up against him. Let's not forget that he has had a lot of mileage in his few seasons as a starter. Running backs that rush for over 1800 yards in a season generally don't do well the next season.