PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Love for Brandon Siler in round one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definately was surprised as I am usually am every year on draft weekend,I expected him to be no later than late second but obviously that did not happen..oh Well,I still think he will make the team that drafted him late

He came very close to being this years Ernest Shazor award winner (now given annually to the most hyped player, pre-draft who doesn't get drafted).

ironic...my team just took siler

i hope he's not a character problem, at least it was only a 7th round pick, those are throwaways
How can you go wrong with a #240 pick? The signing bonus wouldn't even buy a decent car.

I wish the Pats had taken him, but now that you have him, I hope he isn't one of those sleepers who emerge from the depths of teh seventh round to make life hell for all the teams who passed him by seven times.

ps I saw Merriman on BDSH, and he was yapping about paying back Pats on week two or some such nonsense. To his credit, he didn't seem very upset about anyone doing his dance. I think he mostly agreed with Rodney Peete who said, when you knock someone out, you dance and when you are knocked out, you get to watch the dance.

Has Tomlinson dried his eyes yet? Or is he still sniffling?

ironic...my team just took siler

i hope he's not a character problem, at least it was only a 7th round pick, those are throwaways

He's not a character problem. He's a good kid and was a leader on UF's defense.

If his knee was in better shape, he'd have gone a lot higher.

How can you go wrong with a #240 pick? The signing bonus wouldn't even buy a decent car.

I wish the Pats had taken him, but now that you have him, I hope he isn't one of those sleepers who emerge from the depths of teh seventh round to make life hell for all the teams who passed him by seven times.

ps I saw Merriman on BDSH, and he was yapping about paying back Pats on week two or some such nonsense. To his credit, he didn't seem very upset about anyone doing his dance. I think he mostly agreed with Rodney Peete who said, when you knock someone out, you dance and when you are knocked out, you get to watch the dance.

Has Tomlinson dried his eyes yet? Or is he still sniffling?
i still don't think you ever 'TO' it on another team's logo, and if my team ever did that to any team, they're idiots.

the dance i never cared about at all, people steal celebrations all the time ala the bears doing the giants lay-up after hester's td return of a missed fg.

as for siler, he's good depth but we got cooper and wilhelm starting this year which should be fun, siler and waters will just have to wait their turn and play ST.

He's not a character problem. He's a good kid and was a leader on UF's defense.

If his knee was in better shape, he'd have gone a lot higher.
ah ok, thanks for the insight, that makes sense then, AJ drafts guys who might have fallen in stock due to injuries (like anthony waters) he figures they can develop while serving as depth , worked out so far with cromartie *knock on wood*

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft