PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ninkovich getting MRI on injured tricep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a guy who's been stellar in terms of effort, attitude, leadership, accepting a role... He is an example of BB's faith and his ability to find players who don't fit somewhere else. He is a loss.

Here is a guy who's been stellar in terms of effort, attitude, leadership, accepting a role... He is an example of BB's faith and his ability to find players who don't fit somewhere else. He is a loss.

yes.......Long gets to assume that role for now though we will likely miss Ninko's ability to read the play

Its not bad to have other interests in life.
Then you come back to the site and see that everything will be fine.
Hearing about two favourite players going down at the same time is something I can do without.
-
Julian is breaking in his new shoes, his place is on the field.
Nink will shake it off soon enough.

****.... dropping like flies, no Brady....not good

Um, that's assuming we still have High or Collins, I'd say. We have young talent that seems viable at DE. I can't say the same for LB if one or both of those guys walks.

Hightower and Collins will be taken care of . We have young talent at DE that hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet. Sheard is gone next season, someone is going to massively overpay for him.

Hightower and Collins will be taken care of . We have young talent at DE that hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet. Sheard is gone next season, someone is going to massively overpay for him.
You don't know that for certain when it comes to either of the LB's and I used the word "seem" when it comes to the young DE's. Your draftees would likely not be any more viable than what's on the roster now. At least they will have had seasons in the system at that point.

Watch him make the opening tackle on Thursday. "Actually minutes, not days or months."

chandler jones

oh wait, he's gone. pink hats better hope thuney's the 2nd coming of mankins!!!
Seriously? I'd take two hobbled Ninkos over one Chandler Jones any day. Ninko will be missing his first games in almost seven seasons. Jones has missed games in three out of four. Ninko always makes the big play. Jones didn't do that once in a Pats uni. Ninko set the edge. Jones couldn't find the edge to set. Jones was benched in the AFCCG when the team was down...usually when you want your best players in the game. Yeah, Chandler Jones by a mile. :rolleyes:

If it's a minor tear he can get back to do some work with his legs in 2 weeks so he can stay in football shape.

So probably the first 2 regular season games at most.

The news actually isn't as bad as originally thought. The Patriots will miss his leadership on defense and what he brings to the table in terms of diagnosing plays and edge rushing, but he will be back in October and hopefully fully recovered. If that's the case, the additional time off may do him some good. Ninkovich has logged a lot of snaps in the last few years. Hopefully Flowers is the real deal.

This is good news. Even if he misses a game or two, he will be back for most of the season Dodged a water balloon there.

might not miss any game after all:

Ninkovich has torn triceps, timetable ‘a couple of weeks’: According to a medical source, a non-operative triceps tear will take “a couple of weeks” of downtime to heal and then training can resume.

Ninkovich has torn triceps, timetable ‘a couple of weeks’: According to a medical source, a non-operative triceps tear will take “a couple of weeks” of downtime to heal and then training can resume.

iron-man.jpg

Yeah, I read that and had a hard time believing it relates to game availability. Maybe he can resume training in a couple of weeks, to stay in shape, but full and dependable use of a triceps muscle with even just a small tear? I can't imagine it.

But maybe RW is right (above).

chandler jones

oh wait, he's gone. pink hats better hope thuney's the 2nd coming of mankins!!!
1469512610452-inigomontoya.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back