PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ninkovich getting MRI on injured tricep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's done for the season. Goes to show you that it can happen to anyone, he hadn't missed a game in 6 years. Thankfully they had prepared for this with Long, McClellin, Flowers, and Grissom. Still a deep position, but Ninkovich has long been one of my favorite players and it sucks to lose him.

I hope he can get the IR-8 weeks designation and come back. Get well soon, Rob!

Injury bug hitting early this year.

I wonder if they'll keep him on the roster or use the return-IR for him.

Well, the good news is that Ninkovich should be able to return early in the season. Possibly even by the time Brady is ready. Could the Pats not IR him at all and just carry him on the roster? They do get a roster exemption for Brady for the weeks he's suspended. So having 52 instead of 53 by carrying Nink wouldn't be a huge deal.

I wonder if they'll keep him on the roster or use the return-IR for him.

He may not need the IR designation depending on how long his recovery time is since it's the tendon.

Yeah, he's done for the season. Goes to show you that it can happen to anyone, he hadn't missed a game in 6 years. Thankfully they had prepared for this with Long, McClellin, Flowers, and Grissom. Still a deep position, but Ninkovich has long been one of my favorite players and it sucks to lose him.
Yeah, that's the only good news (if really there's any) that can be gleaned. The position is deeper than it's been in many years, and that should mitigate the physical loss. The mental loss of such a cerebral player, however, is likely irreplaceable. Ninko was a jack of all trades type, and that can only be achieved if you have the mental aptitude. Whether or not Trey and the young bucks have it is yet to be determined. Today, I am not a happy sports fan. This absolutely f*cking sucks monkey balls. I'm probably still going to be looking for him out there based on habit. Today is a bad Patriots day. :(

Yeah, that's the only good news (if really there's any) that can be gleaned. The position is deeper than it's been in many years, and that should mitigate the physical loss. The mental loss of such a cerebral player, however, is likely irreplaceable. Ninko was a jack of all trades type, and that can only be achieved if you have the mental aptitude. Whether or not Trey and the young bucks have it is yet to be determined. Today, I am not a happy sports fan. This absolutely f*cking sucks monkey balls. I'm probably still going to be looking for him out there based on habit. Today is a bad Patriots day. :(

With all the news that has developed, it's not as bad as it looked, PB12. JE will be OK as long as his pain is managed properly (shouldn't be an issue unless Dr. Gil Kevorkian is still there) and the recent diagnosis for Nink is not as bad as it was even 10 minutes ago. Stay strong man! It's gon' be aight. lol

With all the news that has developed, it's not as bad as it looked, PB12. JE will be OK as long as his pain is managed properly (shouldn't be an issue unless Dr. Gil Kevorkian is still there) and the recent diagnosis for Nink is not as bad as it was even 10 minutes ago. Stay strong man! It's gon' be aight. lol
Don't 'lol' me, Atomic :). I was ready to incite a riot after my hangover, which I thankfully won't need now that I've read (and posted) Rappaport's tweet. :)

Well, that's good news, at least. Probably won't even need to use the return designation on him. Better now than mid-season.

Well, that's good news, at least. Probably won't even need to use the return designation on him. Better now than mid-season.
Now the only thing that I'm sad about is the fact that it will end his consecutive his consecutive games played streak. Oh well. #50 will play this season!!! ROCK ON!!!

The fact that his tendon is not torn leaves the door open for a full recovery and a return this season. The time table just depends how much of the muscle was torn.

Certainly could be much worse, I'm glad he'll probably only miss a quarter of the season.

Remember years back when there was a thread on this board about Ninkovich being the worst starter in the NFL? Time makes a full of us all.

It sounds like it's a Grade II partially torn tricep. If they said no surgery, then it's not Grade III which is a fully torn one. Most websites say it's a 2 1/2 month recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back