PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ninkovich getting MRI on injured tricep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well..here's my .02....a lot of people in "here' think I'm a grade TEN groin pull.

Now I'm not one to vehemently disagree BUT...I like to think of myself as the Ghandi or Mandela of this board "here". Just sayin....:eek:

Yeah, but at the same time it's kind of why a message board exists in part. We should be able to discuss these things and I don't see the problem if someone who has experienced something similar shares that, including their timeline for feeling right again. We do things like that in everyday life all the time. If we're wrong, we're wrong. The problem is people don't generally like to admit when they're wrong and everyone thinks his or her viewpoint, opinion or diagnosis is the be all, end all. we tend to forget in that moment that even doctors get it wrong sometimes, and they actually physically examine the players. So it wouldn't be someone on a message board with zero contact to the player and medical equipment/training that would be immune to getting it wrong from time to time. Just my .02.
And in my opinion, your .02 are fine. You're right in that we all think it. My dispute is with the manner in which it's almost always done - namely, "I went through this and this is the way it is and no one can tell me anything different." The diagnoses are rarely offered as a possibilities. Rather, they're most usually offered as indisputable fact. Finally, what really irritates me is that the diagnoses offered are so dire and so dark, and then when those doomsday scenarios are proven wrong those who made them aren't relieved that they were wrong. On the contrary, they're flat-out pissed off.

And in my opinion, your .02 are fine. You're right in that we all think it. My dispute is with the manner in which it's almost always done - namely, "I went through this and this is the way it is and no one can tell me anything different." The diagnoses are rarely offered as a possibilities. Rather, they're most usually offered as indisputable fact. Finally, what really irritates me is that the diagnoses offered are so dire and so dark, and then when those doomsday scenarios are proven wrong those who made them aren't relieved that they were wrong. On the contrary, they're flat-out pissed off.
Respect. That's kind of the point I made, Jackson...the part about people being unwilling to admit they were wrong. We're essentially in agreement, with exception to the fact I still think it's okay to discuss the injuries and guess the diagnosis. What else would we talk about?

Respect. That's kind of the point I made, Jackson...the part about people being unwilling to admit they were wrong. We're essentially in agreement, with exception to the fact I still think it's okay to discuss the injuries and guess the diagnosis. What else would we talk about?
Oh, I don't know...perhaps football? Look, I'm not claiming to be 100% reasonable on this matter. I think most of us have our " things" that irritate and/or flat-out piss us off to degrees which seem disproportionate to their actual importance. Intentionally dire, absolute injury diagnoses based upon what was seen on television offered by those not qualified are one of my "things." The fact that I spent the afternoon on Scarborough Beach in RI attempting to hydrate myself with cold malt beverages, in vain I might add, doesn't add to my reasonableness on this matter. Of course, my reasonableness, or lack of same, would likely be the same if I had been packed in ice all day in a darkened, air-conditioned room and been fed black coffee...ugh, what a thought...

Oh, I don't know...perhaps football? Look, I'm not claiming to be 100% reasonable on this matter. I think most of us have our " things" that irritate and/or flat-out piss us off to degrees which seem disproportionate to their actual importance. Intentionally dire, absolute injury diagnoses based upon what was seen on television offered by those not qualified are one of my "things." The fact that I spent the afternoon on Scarborough Beach in RI attempting to hydrate myself with cold malt beverages, in vain I might add, doesn't add to my reasonableness on this matter. Of course, my reasonableness, or lack of same, would likely be the same if I had been packed in ice all day in a darkened, air-conditioned room and been fed black coffee...ugh, what a thought...
I don't get it. I'm agreeing with you but feel almost as though you think I'm not.o_O So I'll leave it alone before my chaperone files me into another thread to tell me I'm lacking in perspective.:D

I don't get it. I'm agreeing with you but feel almost as though you think I'm not.o_O So I'll leave it alone before my chaperone files me into another thread to tell me I'm lacking in perspective.:D
No, no I understand your general agreement and appreciate it. Thanks. And, your perspective seems fine to me. But, what do I know?:)

No, no I understand your general agreement and appreciate it. Thanks. And, your perspective seems fine to me. But, what do I know?:)
I thought it was too, but I apparently made my chaperone spray his shorts. Gross.:D

I thought it was too, but I apparently made my chaperone spray his shorts. Gross.:D
I haven't paid sufficient attention to this thread to know who your chaperone is, so I'll just exit gracefully (or as gracefully as I can, which isn't very..)

I haven't paid sufficient attention to this thread to know who your chaperone is, so I'll just exit gracefully (or as gracefully as I can, which isn't very..)
Oh for sure. I'm not trying to drag you into anything, friend. That's why I never mentioned his name. So, gracefully exit away, buddy.:D. Just wanted to make sure we were cool, dawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down