PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL's Goodell Proposes Crackdown on Cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still angry about the Touchdown celebration rule ...

pretty soon we are going to be the:

AFL ... Amish Football League ...

No offense Amish people .. I love ya ... your just a tad boring that's all.:p

The Fighting Amish... sounds like an Independent Conference team

Apparently you've never seen KingPin. Those Amish are really a whacky sort.

I guess the latest news is that Goodell is proposing that defensive players be allowed to wear a head set for communication with the sideline. Maybe all this fuss will bring something good after all.

Will he enforce the rule that Parcells is apparently breaking in asking BC for tapes of Matt Ryan?

Can someone explain to me why asking for tapes of a rookie FA who is entering the draft is against NFL rules?

Maybe he can crackdown on cheating in the media as well and force truthful reporting.

I wonder if this is an attempt to further punish the Patriots for

past allegations of misconduct. Goodell wants to lower the

standard of proof. He could conceiveably punish the Pats for the

Matt Walsh alleged tapings without having to present the evidence.

I imagine Arlen Specter thru his friendshiip with Walsh's lawyer

knows exactly what Walsh has in his posession. This is something

Bob Kraft and his high powered lawyers should take a good look at.

Maybe the Boy Wonder could start with hammering the Eagles for tampering in the Samuel negotiation?
This is the warning. The hammer comes later.

pao

wonder if this includes unannounced monitoring of staduim PA systems during games. If it does it's interesting that he proposes to start the practice next season, immediately after some stadiums are being replaced....

:rolleyes:
LOL. Umm, I think this is about a little bit more than just the crowd noise issue. I doubt that Goodell was sitting in his office and said "Ah, the Colts are moving. Finally my chance to crack down on cheating!"

poa

is Lee Hamilton at all related to that other Cry Baby (LT)
LOL. I can't believe how obsessed you are with LT. Crazy. But for your info, no, Lee Hamilton is not related to LT. He is a bombastic ASS whose inflated sense of importance makes him an on air joke in San Diego. He is a bafoon. This ridiculous announcement may just be the end of him, hopefully. If there was any, ANY, substance to this report the National Media would already have wind of it and would be blaring at the top of their lungs.

pao

Guys, here is what Goodell is saying:

1) Other teams have skated, and the Pats got hammered. Now I am taking the **** from some Iggles fan a s s clown in the Senate, and the **** rolls downhill.

2) You know as well as I do I whacked Belichick to set an example and make everybody cut the crap.

3) We KNOW some of the crap you all pull.

4) I'm getting hammered for not coming down "hard enough" for "cheating." And why? Because I came down hard on "cheating."

5) Time for the **** to roll downhill... to PROVE I was making an example of the Pats, not "letting them off the hook," I'm going to follow up on my "New Sherrif" routine.

6) Oh and by the way, the a s s clown in the Senate is interested in two things: kicking the league in the Nads for Comcast, and legislating a super bowl tie for the Iggles. NEITHER OF THESE THINGS IS IN THE INTERESTS OF THE LEAGUE.

7) Hence, this memo. Best case scenario it "proves" I cleaned up football. Worst case scenario, it "proves" that football is just football (up to now anyway,) and everybody "cheats."
------------------------------------

My take? I think this will be bad for the league but good for the Pats.

There will be far more crying and whining from losers looking for a second chance at a game they "shoulda" won, if the competition committee pushes this memo through.

This does not look on the face of it like a Pats witch-hunt, sensitive as we all are. This looks like a "save the Pats/Save the Lombardi/Save the league" impact to me.

Basically, asterisks are bad for business; this move makes it clear "asterisk talk" is silly. However, in true Goodell unintended-consequences fashion, it opens the door to future asterisks out the... well, out the asterisk.

PFnV

Guys, here is what Goodell is saying:

1) Other teams have skated, and the Pats got hammered. Now I am taking the **** from some Iggles fan a s s clown in the Senate, and the **** rolls downhill.

2) You know as well as I do I whacked Belichick to set an example and make everybody cut the crap.

3) We KNOW some of the crap you all pull.

4) I'm getting hammered for not coming down "hard enough" for "cheating." And why? Because I came down hard on "cheating."

5) Time for the **** to roll downhill... to PROVE I was making an example of the Pats, not "letting them off the hook," I'm going to follow up on my "New Sherrif" routine.

6) Oh and by the way, the a s s clown in the Senate is interested in two things: kicking the league in the Nads for Comcast, and legislating a super bowl tie for the Iggles. NEITHER OF THESE THINGS IS IN THE INTERESTS OF THE LEAGUE.

7) Hence, this memo. Best case scenario it "proves" I cleaned up football. Worst case scenario, it "proves" that football is just football (up to now anyway,) and everybody "cheats."
------------------------------------

My take? I think this will be bad for the league but good for the Pats.

There will be far more crying and whining from losers looking for a second chance at a game they "shoulda" won, if the competition committee pushes this memo through.

This does not look on the face of it like a Pats witch-hunt, sensitive as we all are. This looks like a "save the Pats/Save the Lombardi/Save the league" impact to me.

Basically, asterisks are bad for business; this move makes it clear "asterisk talk" is silly. However, in true Goodell unintended-consequences fashion, it opens the door to future asterisks out the... well, out the asterisk.

PFnV

This is the most generous assessment I've seen. I think Goodell has gone over the top, drunk with power, and is now in full on 'warrantless wiretap & Guantanamo Bay' mode.

honestly, I find this memo to be astonishing, and I'd be VERY surprised and disappointed if the 32 teams go along with this bulls***.

Again, if they don't what does that display? Or if the competition committee stomps the memo, what does that display?

I think this memo is part of the Specter chess match/"New Sherrif" routine. He's painted himself into a corner and now has to play that character for the forseeable future.

PFnV

I agree and with the new "No spiking the ball after a play/delay of game" rule is just ridiculous.

Didn't Goodell just say " I know, the whole league cheats".

I would think he would have done this in a back room manner. How is that announcment good for the league???

He sounds very egotistical.

I think the incompetent commissioner is on his way out come the next bargaining agreement. I can just see Kraft supporting him after the royal screwing he gave the Pats. Anybody remember Faye Vincent.

This is the most generous assessment I've seen. I think Goodell has gone over the top, drunk with power, and is now in full on 'warrantless wiretap & Guantanamo Bay' mode.

honestly, I find this memo to be astonishing, and I'd be VERY surprised and disappointed if the 32 teams go along with this bulls***.

Goodell is well suited to work for the Bush administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye