Welcome to PatsFans.com

More ignorance from King on "offensive signals"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/05/11/mmqb/3.html

i wish he read or researched what mike florio did about the offensive signals and what actually goes on the sideline.

its clear king keeps calling belichick for cheating anytime he gets a chance purely because he has been shut out for media access. Cant be more obvious.

2. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -2

Didn't the official NFL statement reference that the Pats got punished for taping defensive and offensive signals?

Anyway, all of us should link him to our new favorite website, FRAME. Like, right now. Anyone have his email address? He could be our first official victim.

3. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Perfect Pete has pretty high "moral" standards. I guess that's why he stood by Ron Borges and wanted him to remain on the Hall of Fame election board despite being a confirmed plagiarist.

Still, I recognize a pattern. The most well connected NFL writers have already stated they expect no further punishment vs the Pats:

1. Clayton
    2. Mortensen
    3. P King

This bodes well. I hope the Pats haters have their hankies ready tomorrow.

4. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I guess unfortunate for Peter King, there is no more punishment since he cant support his anti pats sentiment.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +510 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

As long as there's no additional punishments, I don't care at this point. People will think what they want to think - fine - I don't care. Just no more draft choices or suspensions.

6. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +110 / 2 / -3

"Make no mistake -- it's still cheating. And it would bother me if I were Roger Goodell that Bill Belichick never told him about taping offensive signals, if indeed Belichick didn't, and we don't know if he did or didn't."

It's not cheating. King has proven here that he's never even looked at the rule he's spent so much time talking about.

Pre-2006 the NFL admits their rule in the manual was unclear. It cited the location where tapes could be obtained from but left open the question as to whether non-game day use was prohibited in other locations.

If the rule was clear before 2006 there would be no reason to clarify in 2006 as they did.

The episode with the Dolphins use of "purchased" tapes after the September 2006 memo illustrates two things:

#1 Taping of offensive calls is legal, assuming its done in accordance with the rules.

#2 The NFL had no interest in reviewing those tapes to determine the location of where they were obtained from, and had no interested in inquiring as to who they had been purchased from.

If this is such a significant issue to the integrity of the game, King should be asking the NFL why they did not, and to this day, still refuse to make those specific inquiries regarding the Dolphins use of taped offensive playcalling.

If this is solely a witchhunt against the Patriots the media should continue their practice of unethical reporting.

7. ScottieC

ScottieC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I agree, who cares. I just want the season to start so the beatings can continue. Prepare for an ***** whopping the likes of which we have never seen on Sept. 7th at 1pm.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  8. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

They might go easy on Herm...he did wave at the camera, proving what a joke the whole taping thing is.

9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's going to be the spygate week and we are going to hear a lot about it this week. If Goodell continues to let Specter tell him what to do, only god knows what happens and Specter should have Goodell's job.

10. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,854 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

So after Tuesday, will we stop posting threads like this? Honestly (and I know I'm not an admin) we should just have one big Spygate article thread where, if anybody wants to, we can post all the different boneheaded articles from Si and ESPN about Spygate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.