PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Falcons at Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ****** Sunday Wild Card Games ******

I disagree. The goal was not clear for the falcons during the last 1 min of the 2nd quarter. Either the coach didn't tell the QB what they were doing, or the QB didn't tell the players what they were doing (either going down the field or running out the clock), so there was lots of confusion.

1. Re: the Giants

- Goal is picking up the first down. Brady gets that spot and call. He executes the QB sneak as well as any QB in the game. In that situation, he walks up to the line, quick counts and picks up the first with the sneak. Manning, who's not as good with the sneak, goes with the pass. Same goal. Brady would likely have better execution.

2. Re: The Falcons

- 2 goals are avoiding big play by Giants line and moving ball for possible last minute score while being sure not to leave time on clock in case of a 3-and-out. Brady is just better than Ryan.

How many flags would have flown in if that was a pats defender

props to eli, dude is kinda clutch

refs aint helpin ny one bit

That was a good physical play, glad no P.I there.

Good no call. As Deion would say "Let em play."

I really would love to see Manning during a scramble turn left right into a 300 lb. lineman.

That said, when the Giants are playing well, they look pretty good. I covet their defense. Even when they aren't making plays, guys just seem to get intimidated into rushing an extra half second and timing is off. Holding a team to no offensive points this far into a playoff game is pretty good.

The Falcons remind me of Cinci yesterday -- starstruck and happy to be there, but not ready for primetime. Don't seem to have any concrete sense of what they want to do or who they are.

that was total pi lol, and if it happened to brady there'd be a ****load of crying over it

duplicate 10 char

Last edited:

jeezus h.....do the networks get extra commercial time for the playoffs?.....friggin' annoying:bricks:

I'm so damn sick of seeing that moron avoid a sure sack.

That was a little deja vu-ish...

Eli is still a putz, but he has a horseshoe up his ass at times. Maybe the Colts should trade the luck pick to the Giants for Eli and picks...

Still too close to call under most circumstances, and bad Eli could yet kill them. But Matty Ice isn't nearly as icy as his fans want to believe. I recall wondering about the pick given what happened at Harvard. Smart kid. High floor as a result. But I'm not sure he doesn't have a glass ceiling he may never break through. Still, a lot better than the crap shoot killer who was his predecessor, so spending a #1 on him was still probably the move Atlanta had to make. They are relevant and contending consistently, just not seriously. A team that needs a lot of breaks to capitalize.

man am i glad we do not have matt ryan on our team. The doods horrible

1. Re: the Giants

- Goal is picking up the first down. Brady gets that spot and call. He executes the QB sneak as well as any QB in the game. In that situation, he walks up to the line, quick counts and picks up the first with the sneak. Manning, who's not as good with the sneak, goes with the pass. Same goal. Brady would likely have better execution.

2. Re: The Falcons

- 2 goals are avoiding big play by Giants line and moving ball for possible last minute score while being sure not to leave time on clock in case of a 3-and-out. Brady is just better than Ryan.

I'm not talking about generic goals, like picking up first downs or win the game but situational goals. Both teams did not maximize their options.

1. Everyone wants a 1st down but they way they did it was terrible. They should have asked for the measurement to stop the clock and re-organized.

2. If that was the goal, they won't win this game.

The Falcons remind me of Cinci yesterday -- starstruck and happy to be there, but not ready for primetime. Don't seem to have any concrete sense of what they want to do or who they are.

Spot on. And Matt Ryan is quickly becoming this generations...David Kreig??? Who used to make it to the playoffs but lose every year in the early rounds?

Looked like flags should have flown no matter who was on D. What have the Falcons done to deserve all this Michael Jordan treatment?

I'm not talking about generic goals, like picking up first downs or win the game but situational goals. Both teams did not maximize their options.

1. Everyone wants a 1st down but they way they did it was terrible. They should have asked for the measurement to stop the clock and re-organized.

2. If that was the goal, they won't win this game.

So, basically, you've got nothing and were just talking out your backside.

That's what I thought.

Last edited:

After watching yesterday's Lions / Saints and this game I'm getting more worried about officiating mistakes deciding big plays. I don't want another Broncos / Pats playoff game next week.

props to eli, dude is kinda clutch

refs aint helpin ny one bit

No crap, if they were the Packers the refs would've spotted them atleast another 7 points by now.

Last edited:

matt ryan's just a *****. He is so AFRAID of getting tackled. Man up son and make a play

So, basically, you've got nothing.

That's what I thought.

I thought we were having an interesting debate. I'm not sure why you resorted to sarcasm. That's fine though. You can have the last word, after this post.

Last edited:

Too skittish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST