PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week Two Games

Lets not forget that Rodgers is the best long ball passer in the league. Our guy...not so much

Maybe because our guy doesn't even have a long ball receiver.

Several years ago there was a guy who went by the name of Randy Moss and him & "our guy" set records together.

Guys, guys, guys. I do have my Bachelor's degree, and I'll use that to tell you guys that all this talk of degrees is pointless.

Larry, VJax and Wallace were available and dismissed, even Sanders and Cruz were available.

To me the issue is applying a baseball mentality to the NFL game. If I am wrong I apologize, but I do see this phenomenon quite a bit. Building an NFL roster is not the same as the Red Sox or Yankees going out and procuring whatever players they so desire.

For example Larry Fitzgerald was never available because of the NFL salary cap. If Arizona traded him they would have taken on a huge cap hit, with all the pro-rated signing bonus being accelerated into the current season. Trading him would have hurt their team immensely, without even considering losing him as a player.

Vincent Jackson signed a $55 million contract. Tampa Bay was able to make that deal because prior to that in the uncapped year they took advantage of their being no salary floor, and as a result had about $40 million worth of cap space to play with. Competitive teams such as the Patriots did not have the flexibility to match that offer.

Similarly Mike Wallace signed a $60 million contract. Teams that already had high priced quarterbacks are unable to make that kind of a deal feasible, so teams like the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Broncos, Giants, Ravens, etc. had no chance of signing him.

Victor Cruz was a restricted free agent so a team signing him would not only have to beat the original team's offer, but in addition trade away a draft pick. It is extremely rare for any RFA to sign with another NFL team; this isn't something that applies strictly to the Patriots.

The salary cap and free agency make roster building and retention a very difficult endeavor in the NFL. It is quite unique in comparison to MLB and other pro sports.

It's hilarious that you're using your uncompleted Bridgewater education and an uninitiated doctorate education to win an argument.

Same here, you talk down on college students because you are older, joker, clown, loser.

Jackson went to TB, did we not have the ammo to grab him then? Keep acting condescending, you guys are the same clowns who troll Jets boards and cry when people mention spygate, I read those topics weekly.

I will say what I want, and if you don't agree I could care less, your condescending attitude has you what exactly?

Iam not condescending . You are the one throwing out your education smarts as one being better than others here. And when you do that I feel the need to respond. I never asked about your education or what you do but you seem the constant need to tell all of us about bridgewater and phds -like that guy in 'Good will hunting' . Jackson went to TB last yr . Did we need him last yr ? What we need is now. So give a 'pick' scenario like you originally suggested to improve the team when bad teams and poor managmeent are available or dont talk Bs and expect no one will call you on it.

Jackson went to TB, did we not have the ammo to grab him then? Keep acting condescending, you guys are the same clowns who troll Jets boards and cry when people mention spygate, I read those topics weekly.

Vincent Jackson signed a 5 year, $55 million dollar contract in 2012, the same year the Patriots signed Hernandez to a $40 million dollar extension and Gronkowski to a $53 million dollar extension. It's obvious the Patriots wanted to go into the future with their proven two TE offense.

The Hernandez situation and the Gronkowski injury are the real reasons why the offense has been shaky during these two weeks. Not trading for a WR (I still contest no trades are available) or signing VJax or MWallace is not the issue.

You're going into a gun fight with an unloaded water pistol. Don't start calling people condescending because you can't formulate an argument.

*edit: I used maximum contract values.

No thanks, this isn't the 60s anymore, but I can help the dementia when I get my doctorate. ;)

In all seriousness, is Bridgewater where the kid brother bomber went? Or was that the other pot head school in southern Mass.

Woodhead with a great blitz pickup.

Vincent Jackson signed a 5 year, $55 million dollar contract in 2012, the same year the Patriots signed Hernandez to a $40 million dollar extension and Gronkowski to a $53 million dollar extension. It's obvious the Patriots wanted to go into the future with their proven two TE offense.

And the first few seasons of the tight ends' new contracts didn't have a large cap hit, where Jackson had a $15M cap hit the first year.

Iam not condescending . You are the one throwing out your education smarts as one being better than others here. And when you do that I feel the need to respond. I never asked about your education or what you do but you seem the constant need to tell all of us about bridgewater and phds -like that guy in 'Good will hunting' . Jackson went to TB last yr . Did we need him last yr ? What we need is now. So give a 'pick' scenario like you originally suggested to improve the team when bad teams and poor managmeent are available or dont talk Bs and expect no one will call you on it.

The minute I mentioned other offenses I was attacked, I made an error (sorry for sipping beers, switching boards, and rushing) and got called an idiot.

Pats fans are annoying online, at games and bars cool, but you guys act like you know the management, I like the above post where I got actual arguments with no insults. At least I spoke up for the members who get ran off by the regulars calling them uneducated and ignorant.

Tony Romo needs to learn how to hold on to the ball, especially if you are going to run with it. He's lucky his defense bailed him out after that TO.

Does Indianapolis know there are OTHER songs out there besides Hells Bells? I mean I like the song, but not every 5 minutes.

The minute I mentioned other offenses I was attacked, I made an error (sorry for sipping beers, switching boards, and rushing) and got called an idiot.

Pats fans are annoying online, at games and bars cool, but you guys act like you know the management, I like the above post where I got actual arguments with no insults. At least I spoke up for the members who get ran off by the regulars calling them uneducated and ignorant.
You want others to give 'actual arguments' but you cant provide your own ? You seem to hate pats fans a lot so why are you here ? You know the management then ?

If Dobson and Thompkins hold on to a few passes Thursday you aren't complaining right now.

How about giving them more than a week before you come on PatsFans complaining about how they should have signed this guy or that guy.

Maybe because our guy doesn't even have a long ball receiver.

Several years ago there was a guy who went by the name of Randy Moss and him & "our guy" set records together.

Brady gets alot of street cred for 1 remarkable year 6 years ago. The reality is...he dumps off to slot guys and TEs like no other QB. His accuracy outside the hash marks is ordinary at best. As a Pats fan, I am willing to admit our guy has deficiencies....And since BB throws all the $$$ at skill players who live in the box, clearly BB recognizes Brady's strengths as well.

Does Indianapolis know there are OTHER songs out there besides Hells Bells? I mean I like the song, but not every 5 minutes.

Try watching Browns vs Ravens, with that awful soccer chant.

BREAKING: Ray Rice just went down untouched, might've been holding his hip. Limped off the field

It's that or the CD with the crowd noise

If Dobson and Thompkins hold on to a few passes Thursday you aren't complaining right now.

You do realize just how inane this line of yours was, right?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back