PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 9 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
KC up 7-0. After some issues with the downs.

wish our receivers could make catches like that...

Well friend, you haven't been here since 10/24, but now you coincidentally show up on the day of a Jets victory and a Patriots loss. :)

Welcome back. :)

===============================================

I am here every morning and every evening. Hasn't been a lot of discussion relating to the Jets as of late and so I have remained silent.

For some reason I just felt now was a good time to post.:)

of course they will regret it

As long as no one starts an "At Least Indy Lost" thread before that game ends, we might be all set. :)

how do the jets do it? 2nd game where the other team commits a dumb penalty to hand them a win. i was hoping after the pats game, to say at least the jets lose too.

let's go chiefs! need oakland to go down the standings.

49ers will only be 2 games out of first place in the NFC West after today.

And they still have 5 division games left on schedule.

Colts player might be seriously hurt

It is now illegal to tackle a Colt. 15 yard penalty.

It is now illegal to tackle a Colt. 15 yard penalty.

Holy **** the NFL is getting ridiculous. Im sorry Collie got injured on the play but GTFO with that BS. Reid should challenge the play and take the ball from the Colts because he had possession.

Last edited:
Call made me sick and is the type of call that players were worried about. Any time a receiver gets hurt now there will be a 15 yd penalty. It is completely irrelevant what the defender does.

As bad as Collie may be hurt I saw no helmut to helmut hit there
This rule will change the game as we know it
Figures Indy will benefit
Prayers to Collie

They say "he let us play the game" because **** like this happens on legal plays and flags and fines get thrown around. Goodel needs to stop ****yfying the sport. Im all for the crackdown on illegal hits and fines on vicious hits but Pryor had no business being fined for his hit and this hit has no business being a flag.

Last edited:
As bad as Collie may be hurt I saw no helmut to helmut hit there
This rule will change the game as we know it
Figures Indy will benefit
Prayers to Collie

Collie seems a stand up guy. REally hope he is ok. Was hoping to see some movement from the arms and legs. Did anyone see it?

Holy **** the NFL is getting ridiculous. Im sorry Collie got injured on the play but GTFO with that BS. Reid should challenge the play and take the ball from the Colts because he had possession.

I know, it's really insane. I don't wish any harm upon anyone. But Collie caught the ball between two defenders who have to hit him. It wasn't a defenseless receiver on an uncatchable ball. He caught it, got tackled, got hurt. That's a part of the game. It's unfortunate, but not a penalty.

And I could do without Nantz's sermon about how we need to protect players when he has no clue what the hell he's talking about.

TD nfl officials.

Dont hit a colts receiver or anything :rolleyes:

You simply can't safeguard a reciever on that kind of play
It's the Malachi Crunch between the cornerback and safety
Collie ducked right in but I saw no head hit from either defender
Can't play football with these rules

That was horse****. Sucks Collie got hurt but it was a legal hit.

Collie seems a stand up guy. REally hope he is ok. Was hoping to see some movement from the arms and legs. Did anyone see it?

It was a obviously a concussion and nothing more.

yup, the new NFL was born in 2010. Can't protect players on every play but the league is sure trying (and not in a good way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes