PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 10 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be 12 players or could be that Ed Oliver has three butt cheeks

Aaaaand he just got a 3rd TD...

Edit:

Looking at our 1st RD WR vs GBs 2nd & 4th, our OC doesn't know how to use his players. Thornton's TD came w/ Zappe. Cut this kid loose for God's sake.

Screenshot_20221114-133224_Firefox.jpg

I counted the players in that photo a couple times and i only see 11. The numbers say 12, but I only see 11 players. Hmm?
2 under the #6

Looking at our 1st RD WR vs GBs 2nd & 4th, our OC doesn't know how to use his players. Thornton's TD came w/ Zappe. Cut this kid loose for God's sake.

View attachment 47266
I hope Tyquan gets it in the Second half really look like we are missing out so far. He's a very similar WR to Watson who arrived on Sunday.

Same. They counted someone twice, unless they've got a DB hiding between two of the d-linemen.

EDIT: Nope, wait, I see 12! Some skinny dude is hiding behind Ed Oliver (#97).
Nah, it's an artifact of it being a still taken from video. It's one guy.

Raiders: 203 points thru 9 games
Patriots: 203 points thru 9 games

McDaniels would fix nothing unless he's bringing Devante Adams and Derek Carr with him.
Right, because these are apples 2 apples. Got it.

Watching that Bills/Vikings game yesterday was the most fun I've had watching an NFL game in years. And what was crystal clear is that the Patriots are so far from being able to play at that level right now - at least on offense. Maybe our D can hang for 2 - 3 quarters, but our offense is just not there. That game seemed like a SB. (while I think the Eagles and Bucs have a good shot at making it, the Vikings are solid. I believe those 3 are the favorites. Cowboys will choke as always)
I had the same feeling as I watched a number of games yesterday. Neither our qb nor our offense as whole is ready to compete at the level I saw in a number of games yesterday. Even dragging around the ball and chain that the "offensive coaching staff" represents, Bill will probably cobble together a presentable record, but they really aren't ready for prime time. I'm not complaining, though. I doubt they'll make the playoffs, and if they do, they won't advance; but this year I have thought all along is really about next year and years following. I HOPE Mac pans out (The jury in my mind is very much still out on this), because we sure need those draft picks to fill other offensive gaps: O-line, of course, and apparently, yet again quite possibly, receivers. I'd like a big knucklehead fullback myself.

I do see genuine progress this year, particluarly on D, in the secondary. The lb's might be better as a group. And so on. The offense needs new coaches. That much is obvious. And we need to know what we REALLY have in Mac. When we get Josh back, that'll help as well.

Damn Adam’s went in on McDaniels in his post game presser. I’d be shocked if he’s coaching next week
Not sure how this is going in on Josh. He's just saying there's a lack of effort by the players. Is that 100% on Josh? I don't think so.

“Just don’t have enough guys that are fully bought in,” Adams said, via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com. “I don’t think people are like, you know, ‘F what [McDaniels] is talking about’ or ‘I’m going against the grain.’ It’s just a matter of executing when it’s time. . . . It means playing a complete game, every minute of the game, giving it everything you’ve got. . . . It’s doing your job and making the plays when you’re called on and get the opportunities, and we just don’t do that at a high enough level right now.”

Woke up & checked last night’s score. Sure fire, prodigal son, infallible Herbert lost ?!? Can’t be. Zero points second half ? Was he out 1/2 the game ? I refuse to believe 100% excellent Herbert didn’t get the job done.
He was throwing to a bunch of scrubs. Well placed balls were going through receivers hands. He actually did pretty good keeping them in the game against 9ers. I'd rather have Herbert w/ busted ribs & a concussion than Mac 100% healthy. There's simply no comparison.

It's bizarre that teams are getting worse, yet they are Super Bowl contenders. Vikings and Chiefs are two teams in particular. Giants are 7-2 with a crap roster. Bills are another team that hasn't really improved in some areas. Seahawks, Titans and Ravens are hanging around in 1st place with mediocre rosters.

Not sure how this is going in on Josh. He's just saying there's a lack of effort by the players. Is that 100% on Josh? I don't think so.

“Just don’t have enough guys that are fully bought in,” Adams said, via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com. “I don’t think people are like, you know, ‘F what [McDaniels] is talking about’ or ‘I’m going against the grain.’ It’s just a matter of executing when it’s time. . . . It means playing a complete game, every minute of the game, giving it everything you’ve got. . . . It’s doing your job and making the plays when you’re called on and get the opportunities, and we just don’t do that at a high enough level right now.”
Yeah, it kind of is. That's pretty much the coach's job.

GOAT coach right there. Can't say he was carried by assistants given they don't have much success other than knowing how to win games against Pats teams because they were in the room with Belichick.

35- 27 (.564) in NE with Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, Jimmy Garoppolo, (the football career corpse of) Cam Newton, Brian Hoyer, Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe as his QBs. Take out the Scam Netwon rebuild covid year 28-18 (.608) and probably should have 2 more wins this year, Ravens & Packers should have been wins but Jones & Agholor gave the Ravens the game and he had to put a rookie QB who was taking 3rd string reps for weeks in the 2nd drive of the Packers game.
You conveniently forgot to include the franchise QB, Drew Bledsoe years. He's 2 games (33-31) over .500 as a NEP coach w/ all those QBs. It is what it is man.

I wasn't criticizing Carr, I was just pointing out that things are not going well there since someone else pointed out Adams going in on McDaniels in his presser.
Carr was saying he wished everyone was as bought in as he is.

I would too if I was given that contract keep crying Carr all the way to the bank. That Team should not be that bad we better not lose to them.
Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny
Exactly. Can you imagine if we lose to them after all the Josh thrashing. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back