PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL orders clubs: Show fantasy stats at stadiums this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an irrational hate of it. I have a rational one.

Primarily because I watch a lot of games in a football party-setting and the last ******* thing i want to hear about is whether or not that latest score for the San Fran game might mean that Frank Gore got a touch down which means you need Drew Brees to get 2 TDs on the MNF game at least.

Conversation about a made up team that exists only in your head and doesn't involve anyone else gets old really, really fast when I am trying to watch the goddamn game.

Sure if you play and talk about it during a commercial, halftime or post-game show I got no problems with that cause I'm not a jerk but seriously shut up about Fantasy Football when the game is on. :mad::mad::mad:

Sounds to me like your problem isn't fantasy football... the problem is you have annoying friends.

I rarely pick Patriots in mine. 2004, I was in the the championship game with 800 on the line for winners share. Pats were playing Buffalo, game was getting down to the 2min warning. I had a 3 point lead and had Brady as my QB and Dillon as my RB.

1st and goal at like the 6. You think I have it in the bag. now its 3rd or 4th and goal. Patriots didnt even attempt to score the TD. In comes Vinatieri who is owned by the opposing fantasy team to kick the field goal and tie it. Championship weekend ends right there, I believe it was a Monday night game. He won the 800 because he had the better overall record. I settled for the 400 losers share.

No big deal, I'll take real championships anyday over fantasy paydays. It's still funny to this day though. Not to mention I've won a few leagues since then. I don't know why some people get so angered over fantasy football. It really is a lot of fun,especially on draft day.

Fantasy is the correct name for it. Play it all godda_m day if you want to but keep it out of "real football" stadiums. Stay home and play if you prefer fantasies.....and i wish they would cut the crap with the fantasy updates I hate waiting for the crawling fantasy stats to end while waiting to see real news and scores.

I have a problem with this. It is overreaching.

I don't have a problem with teams showing the stats. I don't have a problem with teams not showing the stats. I do have a problem with this being a league decision. If the owner of one team feels that the he will make the game experience better for the fans by providing the data he should do so to sell tickets. If another team owner feels the opposite it should be up to him as well.

There is absolutely no reason to mandate conformity.

The NEP sometimes will provide Red Sox scores at games. Something even less relevant to the game at hand than FF stats. I would be oppose to the league either mandating or prohibiting the updating of scores for other sports, such decisions ought be made on a stadium by stadium basis.

And here I was ready to biatch about how the Pats don't show the scores of other games often enough at the stadium. Now it's gonna be worse and I'll have to wade thru scrolls of meaningless fanboi stats to find out how say the Jets are doing elsewhere.

No I am a Neanderthal and thrifty Scot who doesn't pay for a smartphone. Seems to me there's a market for an Ap connected to a website where you can pre-select your fantasy players and have any updated stats pushed to your iPhone, Android device or whatevah. I'm sure that 90% of the fantasy fanatics have smartphones.

Last edited:
And here I was ready to biatch about how the Pats don't show the scores of other games often enough at the stadium. Now it's gonna be worse and I'll have to wade thru scrolls of meaningless fanboi stats to find out how say the Jets are doing elsewhere.

No I am a Neanderthal and thrifty Scot who doesn't pay for a smartphone. Seems to me there's a market for an Ap connected to a website where you can pre-select your fantasy players and have any updated stats pushed to your iPhone, Android device or whatevah. I'm sure that 90% of the fantasy fanatics have smartphones.

Does Patsfans have a yearly award show? If so, I'd like to nominate this post for "Most Appropriate Post/Avatar Combination". I seriously said in my head, "Get off my lawn!" while reading it, look over and boom! Gran Turino ;)

Seems to me there's a market for an Ap connected to a website where you can pre-select your fantasy players and have any updated stats pushed to your iPhone, Android device or whatevah. I'm sure that 90% of the fantasy fanatics have smartphones.

It exists. In fact you can't watch a football game on TV without seeing it advertised a dozen times.

fantasy football is so goddamn stupid, its ruining the game. You aren't a real football fan if you play that crap.

It really is stupid. It has nothing to do with the game's team aspect, which is everything. This is not baseball or bowling.

If you go to Gillette you know that
The scoreboard is never idle.

They show far too many commercials
On the screen.

Let them show the stats and cut out
A couple of pepsi commercials.

I had Brady on my team last year. I won my league :)

Will anybody here now attend games that they wouldn't have because the stats will be available? Does anybody know a person that would now attend a game for that reason?

Will anybody here now attend games that they wouldn't have because the stats will be available? Does anybody know a person that would now attend a game for that reason?

Nope, and that's why I believe the real reason for this -- and the reason it's an NFL mandate rather than an individual team initiative -- is to persuade any ff holdouts in the crowd that they're missing out.

Fantasy football players are terrific customers. They're more tempted to sign up for Sunday Ticket to flip between games, they pore over stats on NFL.com, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back