PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network on Peyton vs. Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's all you need to know about the two players:

When injuries hit the Colts and the Colts lose, Manning complains about injuries and having to play with backups.

When injuries hit the Pats and thre Pats lose, Brady gets offended when someone makes a comment about how injured the team is. He inherently realized that making that comment is an insult to the people filling in for the injured starters, who are (a) teammates and (b) busting their asses doing their jobs.

One person is a leader; the other is a goober. Nuff said.

Last edited:
I

<<Leadership>> Brady. Just because Manning yells and screams at the line, doesn't mean squat.
It does if he shows his teammates up, especially on national TV.......

KC Joyner, "the football scientist," has a stat he created called "bad decision percentage." Brady finishes #1 or #2 every year. Simply watching the two of them bears out the idea that Brady makes many fewer bad decisions than Manning. Making a stupid play (like running backwards out of field goal range on a sack) at the end of games isn't exactly a foreign concept for Manning.

Leadership is simply a joke. There's no need to even debate that one.

How do they give "Personal Achievements" to Brady. Okay, he's got 2 SB MVP's but Manning has like 3 or 4 League MVP's. Sure Brady's got the 3 SB rings but SB rings are more of a team accomplishment than a "Personal Achievement".

How does Manning get the check mark for Accuracy? Tom, up until this season has, has been a dink and dunk passer, meaning he's extremely accurate at the short/mid-range pass.

Whatever, NFL Netowrk...Whatever...:rolleyes:
I posted this in another thread yesterday, but despite having better receivers through most of his career and playing half of his games in a dome, Manning's career passer rating is only two points above Brady's. And by the end of this season Brady may well have passed him in that category too. So how is Manning a better passer?

I'll give the nod to Manning in the durability category simply because he has been playing longer, but neither has ever missed a start since becoming a starter. I'd give most if not all the other categories to Brady. Am I a homer? Sure, but I also think I'm being honest.

After this season Brady will be universally recognized as the best Quarterback in the league and there will also be an argument of wether or not Roethlisberger belongs in that upper echelon with Tom and Manning.

The Manning ballwashing earlier this year was just embarassing. And the people praising him were the same who criticized him so many times for folding under pressure.

This is just how the media goes, it's a "what have you done for me lately" league.

In cause U guys R Wondering, They ranked them in 9 Categories...They had Manning over Brady in <<Arm Strength>> <<Accuracy>> <<Toughness & Durability>> <<Delivery>> <<Decision Making>> <<Leadership>>....

<<Arm Strength>> doesn't mean squat.

<<Accuracy>> perhaps.

<<Toughness & Durability>> can't tell how you can distinguish the two here.

<<Delivery>> 6 interceptions because his favorite receivers are out?

<<Decision Making>> really?

<<Leadership>> what a farce.

Was Marshall Faulk part of this discussion?

I actually think Tom may have the better arm, its kind of hard to tell. Though I would give Manning the mobility, he seems to have quicker feet. I saw this program too, and I dont think they did a very good job evaluating the two imo.

I actually think Tom may have the better arm, its kind of hard to tell. Though I would give Manning the mobility, he seems to have quicker feet. I saw this program too, and I dont think they did a very good job evaluating the two imo.

finally someone who isn't blind.

It's so ridiculous for NE fans to unanimously concede the best arm category to Peyton. You guys would make lousy GMs.

Gee, Peyton has been in a better passing system and played in a hermetically sealed dome, therefore his numbers are bigger, therefore he wins league MVPs (which, unlike championships are TOTALLY subjective and therefore NOT how QBs ultimately stack their legacies -- see: Favre, Brett with THREE MVPs and gunning for #4 because he's simply more fun to watch than TB), therefore he has a bigger arm.

USE YOUR EYES.

Anyone who thinks Peyton's arm is bigger, what are you basing this on. Have you seen them both line up and sling it? Because I guarantee you Tom gets more hang time....and with far less effort.

Just because he looks constipated when he throws doesn't mean he has a bigger arm.

You're all mistaking ugly aesthetics and overexertion for strength. THROWING A FOOTBALL SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE A BENCH PRESS. Tom is effortless....which actually implies strength to anyone who has ever tried to play QB....you've all got it backwards.

Peyton's a better passer, but Tom's a better QB.....they are both all time greats....let's stop picking one over the other and appreciate them both....CLICHES AND MORE CLICHES

Guys, it's not close. Tom's a better passer....a better decision maker and a better leader. I don't need Peyton's former coaches and teammates (Marshall Faulk and Jim Mora) to tell me otherwise.

The reason I'm pissed off is because the debate is not nearly as close as we're led to believe.

Joe Theismann, who was fired for being essentially less wishy washy than Jaworski, was recently on the radio and he basically called out all the "analysts" who are afraid to take a side in this debate (Simms, Young, Jaws, etc.)....
“Most TV analysts don’t want to pick between Manning and Brady because they’re afraid they’ll change their phone numbers without telling them. They are both the best quarterbacks in the NFL by a wide margin. But Tom is a little more accurate, has a quicker release and a stronger arm. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL and is on pace to be the greatest of all time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News