PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network on Peyton vs. Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Did U guyz see The Brady vs. Manning Comparison on NFL Network...They had Manning over Brady in like 6 of 9 Categories. They Only had Brady In Pocket Presence, Clutch, & Personal Accomplishments. Everything else went to Manning. What Do U guys Think...Is The NFL Network Favoring Manning or What??? SO, WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF THIS??? HOW MANY CATEGORIES SHOULD BRADY HAVE WON??? IS MANNING REALLY BETTER THAN HIM??? STATE YOUR REASONS!!! THANX GUYZ. LET GO PATS!!!!

My response is this...

Does it matter which is better? We are watching something that only happens every 20 years or so in sports. We are watching 2 of the great players at their position play the game.

Marino vs. Montana, Bird vs. Magic, Russel vs. Chamberlain.

I'm just enjoying the show, seeing football played at an extremely high level, and glad that I root for the team that has gotten the best of the competition so far.

Tom's simply the better player. He's far more clutch and there is no comparison in the leadership dept. The Patriot players would go to war for Tom Brady. Anyone honestly think the Colt players would lay out and go the extra five miles for Peyton Manning? :rofl:
Manning strike you as a guy who engenders great loyalty and affection among his teammates? Would love to hear Adam Vinatieri's "truth serum" comments comparing the two. The media ball washing for Manning is predictable yet puzzling. Not sure why they always feel the need to "justify" Manning as they ignore his Me First personality.

It would help to know what was the categories and the opinions provided.

In cause U guys R Wondering, They ranked them in 9 Categories...They had Manning over Brady in <<Arm Strength>> <<Accuracy>> <<Toughness & Durability>> <<Delivery>> <<Decision Making>> <<Leadership>>....Brady got <<Mobility>> <<Clutch>> <<Personal Achievements>>

Final Score: Manning 6, Brady 3.

In cause U guys R Wondering, They ranked them in 9 Categories...They had Manning over Brady in <<Arm Strength>> <<Accuracy>> <<Toughness & Durability>> <<Delivery>> <<Decision Making>> <<Leadership>>....Brady got <<Mobility>> <<Clutch>> <<Personal Achievements>>

Final Score: Manning 6, Brady 3.

"Toughness & Durability," that's rich.

Delivery? Is the hoppin' and jumpin' around fundamentally sound?

Decision Making? Good thing they didn't show this "debate" after Sunday night's game.

Basically, I think Manning's arm strength is overrated and Brady's is shat on by a lot of people unfamiliar with his game. Steve Young was pretty critical of people who allow arm strength to assume so much weight when evaluating a QB, FWIW.

To be honest, I wouldn't argue too hard with the NFLN's verdicts, but I'd probably give Tom the 'Decision Making' category.

I'd have to give Manning all the accuracy etc stuff. And it's hard to argue with the durability one given his number of consecutive starts.

He's the better passer.

But #12 is the better quarterback, without a shadow of a doubt.

How the hell is Manning better at leadership the Brady, unbelievable.

How do they give "Personal Achievements" to Brady. Okay, he's got 2 SB MVP's but Manning has like 3 or 4 League MVP's. Sure Brady's got the 3 SB rings but SB rings are more of a team accomplishment than a "Personal Achievement".

How does Manning get the check mark for Accuracy? Tom, up until this season has, has been a dink and dunk passer, meaning he's extremely accurate at the short/mid-range pass.

Whatever, NFL Netowrk...Whatever...:rolleyes:

In cause U guys R Wondering, They ranked them in 9 Categories...They had Manning over Brady in ...........<<Leadership>>....

Stop right there. Leadership?? I have never heard Tom throw his teammates under the bus.......ever. Leadership is taking responsibility and not pointing fingers.....NFLN might want to rethink that category....

That's totally absurd. TB is so much the better QB right now there isn't even any debate about it in my mind.

Durability is a push...neither player misses games.
New categories:
1) Better Teammate
Answer: Brady. Have you ever in your life seen Manning interact with his teammates, besides pointing out their mistakes. Brady, on the other hand, is an offensive lineman at heart (and nails A-List celebs).
2) Better employee
Check out their contracts and tell me that Brady is not a team first guy who has bought into the Patriot way in a big way.
3) Worldwide appeal
Tom Brady is the David Beckham of "American" Football. If the NFL ever decided to promote its league using one player, Brady hands down gets the nod. Goodell may be a simple fellow, but he would never present Gomer Pyle as the NFL's face to the world.

Brady's better in the clutch, decision-making, and most importantly, winning championships...PERIOD. And this year, he's better in all the other categories, and probably will be for some years to come. That's all we need to know.

So much of these polls are subjective and can be argued ad infinitum, here is the one thing that is objective Brady has three rings and Manning has one... nuff said.

There was some minor bias in the evaluations. 2 of the experts were Marshall Faulk and Jim Mora. Faulk played with Manning and lost a Superbowl to Brady, and when giving offensive 'checks' in comparing NE and Indy prior to the big game, gave ALL FIVE checks to Indy. Enough said with him. And Mora coached Manning for a while in Indy and obviously loves the guy. So, clearly he has a little bias. They both should have been left out of the evaluations.

So much of those categories is strictly opininion. I wouldnt get too overworked about it. Brady is on his way to winning a couple more titles. In that time, this debate will more than take care of itself.

If I were voting, and keeping in mind big game performances, not just regular season stats.
<<Arm Strength>> Manning, ever so slightly

<<Accuracy>> Manning, as it's a byproduct of familiarity with his receivers and the offense.

<<Toughness & Durability>> Push. Both teams are very lucky here.

<<Delivery>> If this is meant to be mechanics, then Brady by far.

<<Decision Making>> Brady

<<Leadership>> Brady. Just because Manning yells and screams at the line, doesn't mean squat. Who's calm, cool, and collected in the clutch? Who's teammates constantly praise his qb's hard work?

<<Mobility>> Laughable, as neither is mobile, but Brady still wins this, not only for grace in the pocket, but his weak scrambling beats out Manning's.

<<Clutch>> Brady, by far.

<<Personal Achievements>> Push. Manning has the individual, season stats. Brady has the rings.

So Tom is 5-2-2, in my opinion.

To be honest, I wouldn't argue too hard with the NFLN's verdicts, but I'd probably give Tom the 'Decision Making' category.

I'd have to give Manning all the accuracy etc stuff. And it's hard to argue with the durability one given his number of consecutive starts.

He's the better passer.

But #12 is the better quarterback, without a shadow of a doubt.

The one I take exception with is Leadership.

BS!

How do they give "Personal Achievements" to Brady. Okay, he's got 2 SB MVP's but Manning has like 3 or 4 League MVP's. Sure Brady's got the 3 SB rings but SB rings are more of a team accomplishment than a "Personal Achievement".

How does Manning get the check mark for Accuracy? Tom, up until this season has, has been a dink and dunk passer, meaning he's extremely accurate at the short/mid-range pass.

Whatever, NFL Netowrk...Whatever...:rolleyes:

If you look at Brady's stats, he has not been a dink and dunk passer. After his first season, he has been at the very top of the list in YPA. He throws more long range balls than 95% of the league.

I think Manning got [maybe] arm strength and accuracy. but decision making? cmon bradys got his name on that one. i think it should of been brady:7 peyton: 2. Bradys got everything a QB needs. hes better by a mile. NFls favoring no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes