PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4/45 for Mark ****ing Barron is why the Rams are the Rams. I wouldn't pay him half of that.

He's been damn good as a linebacker for them. People probably remember him as the bust safety for Tampa. He's worth it.

Absolutely. Draft a QB, sign Fitz, and Denver will be really, really good again.

That's what I'm thinking...

2015 Fitzicksix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015 Peyton Manning
2015 Fitzicksix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015 Osweiller

Denver would be upgrading the position.

Can you imagine what Collins would get if he was a free agent?

BB would franchise him before he lets him hit the market

The Patriots signed some guy named Ramon Humber.

Get used to the new reality, 3 Million/year is the new JAG money, now way we would sign Forte for that. I'm OK with paying around 5/6 MI/ year to a decent RB, you gotta run the ball and not be so predictable. I know BB is not ok with that.

Guys, the market is all ****ed up, I know Edelman and Gronk have strong work ethics, but they are huge bargains, Edelman especially. With this market so messed up I wonder if there's implications on signing a WR and creating a situation inside the locker room. I know I know, he signed what was out for him at the time and the Cap increases every year but Edelman's contract doesn't reflect the reality.

There is no doubt that Edelman would get a raise but I don't think he would get a monster contract. Everyone though Welker was going to get 10mill+ a year but he settled for 6Mill. Gronk on the other hand would get a silly amount of money.

Harvin doesn't want to play football anymore. Wallace had a bad year with a weak-armed quarterback but was effective as the Dolphins #1 and was a star the last time he played with a good QB.

Wallace has been on a steady downward slope since his 3rd year in Pitt.. Look it up..

Can we hurry up and grab Kearse before other teams catch on?

Also, Boldin is not an outside the numbers receiver but would be a GREAT insurance policy for Edelman/Dola.

That's what I'm thinking...

2015 Fitzicksix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015 Peyton Manning
2015 Fitzicksix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2015 Osweiller

Denver would be upgrading the position.

Yep, I agree wholeheartedly. It sucks that suddenly Denver has a way out of losing both QBs from their SB-winning team. I'd much prefer they trade real assets for Kap.

The Patriots signed some guy named Ramon Humber.

Probably one of a few STs we will bring in to fight it out to replace Tavon Wilson who played on all ST units.

Can we hurry up and grab Kearse before other teams catch on?

Also, Boldin is not an outside the numbers receiver but would be a GREAT insurance policy for Edelman/Dola.

IDK. Boldin seemed to play outside the numbers a good amount IIRC. I think he can play any spot really.

Probably one of a few STs we will bring in to fight it out to replace Tavon Wilson who played on all ST units.

Except, of course, for the seven games he was a healthy scratch.

BTW—what is going on with Ebner? No word he's looking at anyone else, no word the Pats have made an offer either.

Wallace has been on a steady downward slope since his 3rd year in Pitt.. Look it up..

He caught more balls his first year in Miami with a rookie quarterback than he did in any other season of his career.

my guess Houston for Ebner Vrabel was high on him

Not sure how you figure that Gordon would be a restricted free agent when he already has 3 vested seasons. (2012, 2013, 2014).
Don't know, maybe Spotrac got it wrong then. They have him listed as a RFA for 2017.

There is no doubt that Edelman would get a raise but I don't think he would get a monster contract. Everyone though Welker was going to get 10mill+ a year but he settled for 6Mill. Gronk on the other hand would get a silly amount of money.

If Gronk was a FA he'd be Osweiler territory. Production. Marketability...he has it all.

Can't believe Jones picked the Lions over the Pats and Bengals. I guess there was a big difference in $?

I think it would've been worth it to pay a bit extra by giving him the same amount Lions were offering (or close) - as opposed to overpaying for an alternate, inferior player just a couple million less

I can believe it. In Detroit, he's going to be their #1 Receiver. With New England, Jones would be behind Gronkowski and Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3