PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Agree
Reactions: sb1
Hey guys I hear this is the place to come and forget about 15 years running of top notch roster management and freak out that the Pats aren't playing a 3rd string WR 20394820 mill a year.

Hey guys I hear this is the place to come and forget about 15 years running of top notch roster management and freak out that the Pats aren't playing a 3rd string WR 20394820 mill a year.
Welcome, have a fun time.

Jacksonville would throw 20 mil at him this year.
Carnival Cruise Lines would throw in $5 mill / year to have Gronk in Jacksonville boosting the cruise biz out of the Port of Jacksonville….probably name a ship after the guy.

You've come to the right place. Pull up a chair.

Only if you've been banned.

e.g. this tweet

The Patriots only have 4 receivers under contract. They need a receiver. He was told that by looking at Wikipedia and applying common sense. Per Loyko, they're "in" on every receiver who's available that you've ever heard of. This is ******** punditry at its finest. I'm told every team whose kicker is a free agent is in on a kicker, too. My sources tell me this.

If you're going to slam Loyko, the least you could do is do it with actual facts.

The Patriots actually have 6 WR under contract currently.
Edelman, Amendola, Martin, Dobson, Harper, and Carter.

People complain about the Patriots WR depth, but forget that the only reason it became an issue was because Edelman, Amendola and Dobson were all hurt at the same time last year. NO TEAM is going to be good when they lose 3 of their top 4 WRs and are having to rely on numbers 3,5,6,and 7. And that doesn't take into consideration that numbers 3 and 5 both played hurt as well.

So, while adding a FA WR like Jones, Benjamin, Randle, or a Sanu, Matthews, Kearse would be nice, it's not a necessity. Not when the Patriots tend towards the 2 TE set more than 4 and 5 WR sets.

Charles Johnson is how I wish every player was in free agency

That's kind of a stretch.
Naw this is solid intel. I heard they had a great lifting session, wore the same color shorts, and talked about girls.

I would have liked to have gotten Sanu, they better have had some other reason for cutting lafell because his contract would have been a huge bargain.

Just saying if not us thinking Houston
I don't think that a telling sign of what team signs a special teams playing safety is that their LB coach made a positive comment at his pro day.
There are 32 special teams coaches that have studied how he actually has played for a number of seasons in the NFL that would be more pertinent.

If you're going to slam Loyko, the least you could do is do it with actual facts.

The Patriots actually have 6 WR under contract currently.
Edelman, Amendola, Martin, Dobson, Harper, and Carter.

People complain about the Patriots WR depth, but forget that the only reason it became an issue was because Edelman, Amendola and Dobson were all hurt at the same time last year. NO TEAM is going to be good when they lose 3 of their top 4 WRs and are having to rely on numbers 3,5,6,and 7. And that doesn't take into consideration that numbers 3 and 5 both played hurt as well.

So, while adding a FA WR like Jones, Benjamin, Randle, or a Sanu, Matthews, Kearse would be nice, it's not a necessity. Not when the Patriots tend towards the 2 TE set more than 4 and 5 WR sets.

You are counting on Dobson being our 3rd WR. Really? Are you kidding me?

That's kind of a stretch.

I'm fairly sure that when the Pats scouts/coaches talked to Vrabel (who was a coach at OSU at the time), he did offer praise for Ebner.

That's not a reason for him to sign there, by itself, but it might be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3