NFL final appeal brief filed

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I haven't read over it, but here it is. This is the final pre-argument brief from either side (unless the court asks for more). The standard sequence is "party appealing opening brief", "other party reply brief", "party appealing rebuttal brief".

http://thesportsesquires.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/reply-brief.pdf

@WALLACHLEGAL and the other usual suspects have been tweeting about it.

Let me guess Goodell has ultimate power blah blah blah. Brady is a cheater. Blah blah blah.

This is Roger Goodell's NFL.

CWyEIraVEAEIng7.jpg

My guess: "integrity integrity integrity fair punishment integrity integrity integrity.

Someone needs to Photoshop Mein Fuhrer's head onto Veruca Salt's body. He's such a butthurt little *****.

You can't deflate a kettle bell!!!! And there's no tire in that picture!! The word "deflate" can only be used to describe releasing air from an inflated object! It cannot be used for any other situations! At all!
Ultimately this one text from the May before is what they hung everything on.

Ultimately this one text from the May before is what they hung everything on.
So they really are going for broke

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pats should really hire Polian just to use him as a shield against the league.

The league makes Brady out to be more and more like Sheev Palpatine every time they submit a new brief, it's hilarious.

I'm sure the court has picked up on them changing the seriousness of what they actually think he did every time they file.

The league makes Brady out to be more and more like Sheev Palpatine every time they submit a brief, it's hilarious.

I've gotten hold of an excerpt that will be in the next brief, if the court asks for more by the parties:

The commissioner found, as a matter of fact, that Tom Brady ordered the construction of the Death Star that destroyed Alderaan. That is clearly conduct detrimental to the league, as the NFL is no longer able to put an expansion team there.

A page turner from beginning to end. The man and his office, the owners and media minions make me sick in their utter lack of honesty/fair play. They're scum.

The NFL submission is pretty simple as I read it. (a)Goodell acted entirely reasonable, (b) he is well within his rights to invoke 46, (c) the courts must affirm that the courts have no business meddling in an affair that is entirely reasonable and clearly within the rights afforded in the CBA.
Put another way, Berman said it was unreasonable, unfair and not within the CBA. The NFL appeal is entirely "d%#*!@t Judge! look again, it is reasonable, fair, and within the CBA! So you judges must decide you should butt out".
Oh, and Tom Brady the ''fine young man" (according to Goodell)? he is now inching closer and closer to being the NFL's version of Whitey Bulger. Hilarious if it wasn't so sick....

As long as no one is thinking about concussion, wife beaters, elevator knockouts and child whipping running backs the brief will have served its distractive purpose.

As long as no one is thinking about concussion, wife beaters, elevator knockouts and child whipping running backs the brief will have served its distractive purpose.

Don't forget threatening an opponent with Baseball bats whilst hurling homophobic insults at them. Or a WR launching himself at an opponents head after the play is dead.

We can't have people talking about that now, can we?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back